Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Of Conneticut
[quote name='firetrucknut' date='17 July 2010 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1279388283' post='392976']

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=63502]

The Windsor Volunteer Fire Department runs this second generation Ferrara Rescue/pumper from its Wilson station. This truck replaced a 1981 Mack/Ranger 1500/460/40 rescue/pumper with a roof mounted foam turret, that was recently sold to a department in West Virginia. The concept behind these rigs were less apparatus responding up on busy Interstate 91. Prior to receiving the Mack, the typical highway response was an engine, rescue and utility truck. I am kinda clueless on the specs, so if anyone can help me out it would be appreciated

[/quote]

Any picture of the Mack and any idea where in West Virginia it went?
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Tim, go to firenews.org, scroll down to Department List, to Connecticut, go to "W", click on Windsor, under past apparatus there is a nice pic of the 1981 Mack/Ranger. As to where in W. Va. it went, I'm not sure, but I will attempt to find out.

Squad 54 of the Savin Rock Hose Company in West Haven runs this Chevrolet 4-door cab utility truck as lighting truck. Coincidently, this rig also runs as a spare for Rescue 27, the career staffed rescue-ambulance.

West Haven Hook and Ladder Company 1 runs this 1996 International/Pierce 250/300 city service ladder truck as Truck 26. Back when the were chartered, a rival ladder company were vying to be called Hook and Ladder Company 1. Apparently, West Haven Hook-n-ladder was chartered a few minutes prior to the other company. Today the other company runs the career staffed ladder truck, Truck 22. The light bar is mounted low so it can fit into the firehouse.

Orange recently replaced this 1979 Ford/Pierce pumper with a combination Rescue and Pumper combination. The Orange Volunteer Fire Department runs from 2 stations protecting 14,000 residents in a 17 square mile area.

Shelton still runs this 1977 Maxim rear-mount aerial. Originally delivered with a 100' aerial, it was re-cabled to 80' several years ago. Shelton operates an all-volunteer department protecting 40,000 residents in a 32 square mile area from 4 stations. Shelton gained national notoriety in March 1975 when Sponge Rubber was fire-bombed in what was then the nations largest arson-for-profit case in FBI's history
trucknut.......what info and/or pics can you give on that Mack CF to the left of Shelton's Maxim?
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
[quote name='firetrucknut' date='14 September 2010 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1284518313' post='402687']

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=65462]

West Haven Hook and Ladder Company 1 runs this 1996 International/Pierce 250/300 city service ladder truck as Truck 26. Back when the were chartered, a rival ladder company were vying to be called Hook and Ladder Company 1. Apparently, West Haven Hook-n-ladder was chartered a few minutes prior to the other company. Today the other company runs the career staffed ladder truck, Truck 22. The light bar is mounted low so it can fit into the firehouse.

[/quote]

Is this a quad? City service trucks don't have pumps, but not sure if it's a quad as that would mean it would need to have a full compliment of ground ladders.
[quote name='tntway' date='15 September 2010 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1284569748' post='402754']

trucknut.......what info and/or pics can you give on that Mack CF to the left of Shelton's Maxim?

[/quote]

The Mack is Redding,CT District 1
[quote name='tntway' date='15 September 2010 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1284569748' post='402754']

[/quote]

Mack CF series pumper owned by Redding Ridge, unsure if it is collector owned or an actual FD piece. The other CF to the right is a 1978 (?) model that belonged to Long Hill Fire Co. in Trumbull, again not sure if is collector owned or if LHFD still owns it.
[quote name='firetrucknut' date='15 September 2010 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1284584205' post='402800']

Mack CF series pumper owned by Redding Ridge, unsure if it is collector owned or an actual FD piece. The other CF to the right is a 1978 (?) model that belonged to Long Hill Fire Co. in Trumbull, again not sure if is collector owned or if LHFD still owns it.

[/quote]

The Redding Ridge Mack is owned by Marchell Sanford of Redding Ridge.

The 127th State Firefighters Convention kicked under beautiful skies in New London today. I'm sure that some of my fellow firepixers will have their additions to post, so here goes mine. Being from Southern CT, I feel that this is a neglected area for photos, hence most of mine are from the Metro New Haven area. As mentioned in my previous posts, North Haven is one of the last in the metro New Haven that runs lime-yellow rigs. Engine 6 of the West Ridge Fire Company runs this 2000 Pierce Dash 1250/500 pumper

Branford Engine 2 of the MP Rice Hose Company runs this 1997 Pierce Saber 1500/500 pumper in chrome yellow/white combination. This color combo will soon be a thing of the past for the BFD, as they are switching over to red/white rigs. Engine 2 is the busiest of Branford's volunteer Engine Companies.

Derby's Hotchkiss Hose Company runs this 2009 Spartan/Rosenbauer pumper as Engine 14. Hotchkiss Hose runs white rigs as oppsed to the rest of Derby, who run red or red/white rigs.

The Yantic Fire Engine Company of Norwich still owns this Silsby steamer. Not many of these "tea kettles" left, as most of them were turned into World War II scrap drives.

Speaking of Norwich, Laurel Hill runs this 1982 Ford/Middlesex 1250gpm pumper with a LDH hose reel as Hose Tender 6. There is an opening in the body after the pump and there appears to be a top-mount pump panel above the pump. The Norwich Fire Department is a combination department protecting 36,100 residents in a 28 square mile area from 2 career staffed and 5 independent volunteer stations. This truck formerly served East Lyme.

Deep River runs this former Durham 1988 Ford/S&S 500/1800 tanker

As per request, Westbrook runs the well thought out Mack CF 1500/1000 pumper as Engine 467. This rig was rehabbed in 2004 by Middleboro Fire Apparatus. Westbrook is an all-volunteer department protecting 6,300 residents in a 16 square mile area from 2 stations

The State of Connecticut purchased 34 of the 2004 Freightliner/Pierce rescue trucks as prime movers for decontamination trailers. These are known throughout the state as "the trucks with the little wheels". This particular truck is operated by the Oakdale Fire Company of Montville

Essex Engine 652 runs this 1994 Pierce Dash 1250/750 pumper with CAFS capabilities.