Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Of Conneticut
i've told some of the StL guys on here that maybe they should ask for it back seeing as they were running so many spares a couple of months ago.....lol!!
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)

I recently found some old photos I had laying around in the basement, so scanning I went. These photos are mostly pre-fully-closed rigs, with tailboard riding, 3/4 lengths boots, etc. New Haven Engine 9 ran this 1967 Maxim S-model 750gpm pumper. This was the first non-Seagrave pumper in almost 40 years.

New Haven Engine 11 ran this 1973 Ward Lafrance 1000gpm pumper. This was the first cab-forward rig in the city. Note the orange 'fireball' gloves.

Waterbury Engine 2 ran this Hahn pumper. The WFD purchased several Hahn pumpers in the 1970's.

Also from Waterbury, Engine 2's stable mate is Truck 3, running with this American Lafrance mid-mount aerial

Hartford Engine 1 ran this 700 series American Lafrance pumper. In comparison to New Haven, who ran Seagraves exclusively, Hartford was an American Lafrance town, starting from the early motor driven rigs.

Hartford Ladder 6 ran this 1955 American Lafrance 700 series 100' tiller-aerial. Housed with Engine 1 in the downtown area, this truck saw service until 1980 when the first Sutphen aerial-tower was purchased.

Rocky Hill Engine 3 once ran this 1975 Maxim F-model 1500/400/50' tele-squrt. Rocky Hill started with red trucks, switching over to this chrome-yellow/white color combination.

A group shot of Shelton's Engine 4, a 1986 Pierce Arrow 1250gpm pumper, and Squad 5, a 1987 Ford/RSI rescue truck, in front of their quarters. Both of these rigs are still in service.

Shelton Engine 4 responding from quarters. Note the member getting dressed in the jump seat

Shelton Engine 2, a 1976 Hahn 1000gpm pumper following Engine 4 out the door. Through the front windows, the 1977 Maxim aerial of Truck 1 is sitting in the bay. Look close and there is a strap-hanger on the tailboard

The dreaded indoor station shot, but this one was worth it. Shelton's Ahrens-Fox Model BT 1250gpm pumper with a coupe-style cab. This truck is still owned by Echo Hose of Shelton and is still fully operational.

The last three are from my hometown of East Haven. A group shot on Engine 3 and Engine 5, both 1970 Maxim F-model pumpers. Engine 5, ® shown as delivered. Engine 3, (L) had the cab added during the mid-1980s.

Emergency 3 of the Foxon Volunteer Fire Company in East Haven ran this 1967 Chevrolet panel truck

East Haven Engine 6 ran this 1959 Ford/Maxim 500gpm pumper. The truck originally served at Engine 3 and was re-assigned to Engine 6 when the 1970 Maxim was purchased
that Maxim from Rocky Hill was a BEAST!!...don't know what happened to it after it didn't sell on Ebay tho.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
[quote name='firetrucknut' date='21 September 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1285116177' post='403794']

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=65791]

Also from Waterbury, Engine 2's stable mate is Truck 3, running with this American Lafrance mid-mount aerial

[/quote]this truck is currently at milewski's auto parts in scranton,pa
Terryville (Town of Plymouth)

Engine 2 - A 1996 Simon-Duplex/FMC 1500/1000.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Engine 7 - A 1975 Ford/Continental - 1250/1000.

R10 - A Polarios with rescue trailer.