Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
[quote name='R1SmokeEater' date='24 September 2010 - 04:37 PM' timestamp='1285359454' post='404349']

That's where all these are from, not on there, Bill had stopped shooting pix by those years.

[/q

ahh ok kinda fiqured that lol but but in the cd i got there are a few pics of newer rigs from the 2000's. Thats what i probaly saw
Ferrara finally has some pics up on their site of the new Rescues....no pics of the ladders but its nice to see what the cab looks like...I am guessing the ladders will have a similiar cab?

credit to Ferarra's site....

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='ffdrive' date='26 September 2010 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1285552655' post='404661']

Ferrara finally has some pics up on their site of the new Rescues....no pics of the ladders but its nice to see what the cab looks like...I am guessing the ladders will have a similiar cab?

credit to Ferarra's site....

[/quote]

That must be a completely new cab built just for FDNY, or its built by Spartan for Ferrara. I can't seem to find another one like it on there website. Anyone got any info?
[quote name='RagsCo4' date='29 September 2010 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1285768352' post='405138']

That must be a completely new cab built just for FDNY, or its built by Spartan for Ferrara. I can't seem to find another one like it on there website. Anyone got any info?

[/quote]

Yes, it's a new cab developed by FFA for this project.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Few pics of MP7201. This truck is now run by the Saint Joseph's Abbey in Spencer, MA. The Monks there got the truck donated from New York. I was told there are retired firefighters from all over the united states that reside at the Abbey. The truck began life in the city as a chauffeur training piece. It has seen fire in Spencer. Spencer is running the truck as a second out rig while there Maxim F model is having some rust fixed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Look at the primitive window and strap assembly.

Attached Files Image(s)

back jump seat

Attached Files Image(s)

If you look inside above the driver's seat you can see the shop serial number sticker

Last shot. pic of the radio channel tag in the cab. Sorry for the quality. Took it with the cell phone. Thanks for looking

[quote name='paul612' date='04 October 2010 - 09:06 PM' timestamp='1286239605' post='405839']

[/quote]

LOL, My 1st company I was assigned to was a Mack pumper with the same window mechanism !! You'd finally break the strap and have to keep the window closed with a chock wedged in.
On pic 3628, whats the truck that is in the dash?
[quote name='STLFire2494' date='05 October 2010 - 11:45 AM' timestamp='1286292343' post='405948']

On pic 3628, whats the truck that is in the dash?

[/quote]

Look like a Maxim to me. Perhaps that is a picture of their other engine?
[quote name='paul612' date='04 October 2010 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1286239605' post='405839']

[/quote]

Simplicity is the Key!!! Keep it simple and you can fix it in the fire house. Make it technical and it goes to the shop for a long time. Who would have every guessed rigs would come with power windows.

Great photo, I love shots of interesting items, Thanks for posting.

Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
[quote name='NJMedic' date='05 October 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1286295970' post='405951']

Look like a Maxim to me. Perhaps that is a picture of their other engine?

[/quote]

Yes, It is Spencer Engine 3. It is a F model Maxim. It is at New England Fire Equipment in CT getting some rust repair done.
Coming over the GWB late Sunday morning, I saw the new "Three Forty Three" just south of the bridge. Jumped on the Henry Hudson southbound and got off the first chance I got at 125th St. A couple of FDNY engines were parked on the side and the Brothers were waiting, and I thank them for allowing me to park in between them. Within a few minutes the new boat came by. Finally got a chance to see it in person. The thing is huge!

Stay safe,

Mark Redman

[Image: FDNY343.jpg]
Great Shot Mark!
Eli Gill - [url="http://10-75.Net"]10-75.Net[/url]
Whatever happened to the HME/Saulsbury Rescues that weren't destroyed? Wasn't it only R1 and R2? Thanks in advance
[quote name='63Engine1' date='13 October 2010 - 12:41 PM' timestamp='1286986863' post='407027']

Whatever happened to the HME/Saulsbury Rescues that weren't destroyed? Wasn't it only R1 and R2? Thanks in advance

[/quote]

Resceu 5's became a Spare Haz-Mat. Rescue 3 & 4 were made Spare Rescues. I do not know what houses these were kept in.
[quote name='Fireman5230' date='13 October 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1287006476' post='407094']

Resceu 5's became a Spare Haz-Mat. Rescue 3 & 4 were made Spare Rescues. I do not know what houses these were kept in.

[/quote]

Are they still in service as spares or have they been disposed of? Haven't heard of them in a while.
[quote name='63Engine1' date='14 October 2010 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1287066219' post='407165']

Are they still in service as spares or have they been disposed of? Haven't heard of them in a while.

[/quote]

as of last year i had seen one in use as a spare but not as of recently truing to figure if there is still one around to photograph. I think the reserve HME hazmat might still be at engine 206.