Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS Paint Anyone! Fire Apparatus Part III
Been working on a thesis for aerial ladder redeployment, and needed a drawing. Cut and pasted some "real" parts....looks a little different than the drawings with a white background.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This one is for all the nerds who take playing GTA to the next level.....Liberty City FD Ladder 1

80's Chevy Brush Truck with a refurbed body, I thought I had the credits on the old pic but it came from a chevy mini pumper

Mack CF, I used and FDNY pic (don't see credits but its a pic of E324 &93) and added a few things. 

Quote:Ok, finally, after sitting and watching the site for a few years now, and particularly this thread, my first contribution! I have played around with MS Paint for years, and even made entirely new fleets with what everyone has contributed. I can't believe it's not a Sutphen, certainly not what I would have thought would be my first one, but it's practical, and I haven't seen one like it on here so far.

Ferrara HD-77 Quint Demo

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://postimage.org/">[Image: Quint.png]</a>

Nice!!! I'll have to play with this and see if I can recreate Ladder 30.
This is pretty similar to Muncie, IN. Truck 2 and 7, but they don't have the Ferrara grille.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
I didn't know where to post this so best bet was here.  I tried my hand at drawing a ALF Cent. 2000 pumper. One of my fav. over all and one of my fav. trucks to draw but no one had one posted yet.   Please comment on what you think  but also feel free to redo the pic to make it accurate. 

Good rendition of the ALF 2000 cab.  Crop your drawing sheet nice and tight to the image to eliminate the dead space around the image.

Here's my version from 15 years ago.

Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
Quote:Good rendition of the ALF 2000 cab.  Crop your drawing sheet nice and tight to the image to eliminate the dead space around the image.

Here's my version from 15 years ago.
Nice job you did...Looking at yours vs mine I wasn't to far off.  

[quote name="Bob-Ont" post="533350" timestamp="1397492526"]Good rendition of the ALF 2000 cab.  Crop your drawing sheet nice and tight to the image to eliminate the dead space around the image.

Here's my version from 15 years ago.[/quote

Wow I love everytime I see posts that are from like years ago that havent been posted before, I cant wait to post my drawings from 6 years ago that I never posted because i went on a kinda hiatus for the last 5 years and never got around to posting them.
Your not alone...I'm going back to my old pics that I did over the last few years before I found this site. Hope you got some good ones..lol

I worked on this little gem today, this is SFFD Squad 2, a 1987 Ford C/Welch/SFFD Shops built. This truck was documented on the TV show "The Bravest". It is exactly as it looks, no parade piece, I didn't add hinges to the doors, because by the photos I had, I couldn't tell where all of them were. I didn't have any good shots of the truck with SFFD decals on it, and I know it's missing a rubber duck behind the light bar. The rig is now owned by Daly City Fire, as USAR 94.

Trav!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hahn Snorkel (refurb)

2014 Pierce Arrow XT 100' Aluminum Platform. Credit to RIEMT and Fyreline

<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
Question for anyone, I have done a few drawings of a RM and MM tower ladder but they keep coming up too large (MB instead of KB) to upload. I've tried both upload versions and still no luck. The drawing that I used for the base vehicle shows 44.3 kb as it size. Both drawings are similar as far as details, colors, etc. I didn't think I made such significant changes to effect the size. What do I have to do to change the size. Its cropped correctly, I've done Ladders before without a problem, I just don't see why these two are not working. I notice some drawings appear "blurry" when viewing them, is there resizing done or a change to the format before uploading?

Firemark,

Are you saving the files as a .png?  Drawings that appear blurry are usually as a result of .jpg compression.

Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
Quote:I notice some drawings appear "blurry"

Which pretty much renders it useless beyond viewing it, or to be able to use anything off of it later on down the road, that's why I upload and then embed the link if I have to (being that it's too large) because at least then, someone can still copy and paste, and use whatever they want from it.

Trav!

2014 E\-One Quest with newly redesigned face. Credit to RIEMT and Fyreline.

<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
Ok thanks. I ended up starting over again anyway. My company has finally began the process of replacing our 22 year old Simon/LTI rear mount platform. The new one will be a 100 ft Pierce rear mount platform. As of now we don't have anything more than a concept drawing but I decided to create what we have in that drawing and what I hope it might look like.

Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Ambulance ( Wasn't there a tread for EMS at one point? I can't remember)