Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
This Mack pumper has recently appeared at the Michaux State Forest maintenance facility on Route 30 west of Gettysburg, PA. It appears that it is former US Army, but I have no further info. My photo from 12/31/10.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Rear shot showing the oversized water tank and forest fire prevention slogans.

[quote name='gfd1' date='01 January 2011 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1293899897' post='417797']

Rear shot showing the oversized water tank and forest fire prevention slogans.

[/quote]

If you can come up with a registration number, I'm sure Ted can tell you what Army base this rig served at.
Or a serial #. if the offcers side door is open, its on the seat pedestal, either facing out, or facing forward. will be 2 or 3 numbers, an S then 4 numbers.
I shot this 1949 Mack 85LS-1358 on my way to work in Philadelphia, Enterprise Ave by the Automall

It was used by Curt Weldon as a parade piece.

Originally from Pottstown PA Enterprise Fire Co

I can't believe Weldon let this one get in this kind of condition....SOMEBODY SAVE IT!!!!
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' date='01 January 2011 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1293940012' post='418000']

Or a serial #. if the offcers side door is open, its on the seat pedestal, either facing out, or facing forward. will be 2 or 3 numbers, an S then 4 numbers.

[/quote]

I know where to find it, but the officers side is tight against that building and I was not dressed appropriately to climb thru the cab from the other side!
A couple years ago I took these shots at a farm where the owner had collected old firetrucks. He passed away and the trucks were sold. I do not know where they ended up.

This one is a GMC/?? Rescue Truck that belonged to Scotch Plains Fire, NJ

Attached Files Image(s)

This is a Ford(I think)/Pirsch that I do not remember who it belonged to

Attached Files Image(s)

Mack Model 50 - Unknown Department

Attached Files Image(s)

Mack B Model - Elizabeth (NJ) Fire Department

Attached Files Image(s)

Seagrave - Unknown Department

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow! what a treasure trove of Union County rigs! the E is Scotch Plains, a 1938 500GPM. Thanks for shooting the serial plate too! another unknown stricken from the list! photo is attached. from my collection.

The other I have a shot of is Elizabeth E6, a 1962 1000GPM pumper. they had twins. If I read the photo properly, it is B95F-1216, which is what I had for E6. the other was E8, B95F-1215. I know a certain EFD member would love to get this rig! photo from my collection.

[quote name='boog8591' date='03 January 2011 - 08:29 AM' timestamp='1294060179' post='418267']

A couple years ago I took these shots at a farm where the owner had collected old firetrucks. He passed away and the trucks were sold. I do not know where they ended up.

This one is a GMC/?? Rescue Truck that belonged to Scotch Plains Fire, NJ

[/quote]

The body looks like it was built by Approved, a Long Island based company who built quite a few rescues for departments in the metro NY area and if I'm not mistaken, even the early FDNY walk in rescues.
and thanks to Gary Hazcko saying it looked like the Seagrave was Elizabeth too I looked, and I had a shot! Elizabeth NJ 1927 Seagrave. From my collection, Jack Calderone photo

Wow...It is neat to see that from what I provided that you were able to come up with pictures of the trucks when they were in better shape.

I took these pictures in July of 2003 at a farm in Delaware Township, Hunterdon County, that belonged to the Kean family. The owner had owned Elizabethtown Gas Company and was related (cousin I think) to the former governor of NJ. The farm was sold that same year and I was in there taking pictures as they were getting rid of the trucks. Unfortunately there were many trucks that were there that I did not get pictures of before they were taken away. I also unfortunately have no information as to where these trucks ended up.

Bill
[quote name='boog8591' date='03 January 2011 - 07:31 AM' timestamp='1294060313' post='418268']

This is a Ford(I think)/Pirsch that I do not remember who it belonged to

[/quote]

Pirsch PB-08 was listed as a 1943 Ford triple combination sold to Millington, NJ (date of order 4/19/43). Hope that helps.
Neversink NY unknown year and builder

Attached Files Image(s)

Kenoza Lake NY American LaFrance unknown year

Attached Files Image(s)