Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
[quote name='tntway' date='10 January 2011 - 09:44 AM' timestamp='1294680264' post='419701']

GREAT pic of 4 Truck.....you should enter it in the Apparatus of the Month contest

[/quote]

I would very much agree with that
[quote name='Jupiter27Truck' timestamp='1239834756' post='297343']

This looks like the Mack CF TL that served in West Islip NY, Deer Park, NY, and I believe originally Wantagh, NY. All 3 departments are on Long Island.

[/quote]

Yes, that tower ladder was originally "Ladder 1" (unit 6911) from Wantagh in Nassau County. later Deer park etc etc
Some shots of rigs a day or two after the huge December blizzard Engine 262 was assisting with traffic to clear path for a ambulance that stuck.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reserve Ladder 706 a 1989 Seagrave, dont now if it was running as a spare or in service as a reserve truck.

Engine 74 in front of the Quarters of Ladder 25.

This was the day Before the new years Ladder 25 as part of the decon task force for the Pinstripe bowl at yankee stadium.

Attached Files Image(s)

Battalion 11 at the same detail as Ladder 25

Ladder 20 shot last weekend

Engine 7 on a transformer popping at Grand st,Forget the cross.

Engine 9 same location

Engine 33

Battalion 1,im sure getting replaced soon.

And last One Ladder 6 running a spare.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='anesti' timestamp='1295918209' post='421933']

Engine 7 on a transformer popping at Grand st,Forget the cross.

[/quote]

Great photos, thanks for posting !!! Looks like Centre Street. If I am correct, the large limestone building in the background is the original Police Headquarters, before 1 Police Plaza was built.
[quote name='grumpyFF' timestamp='1295919381' post='421938']

Great photos, thanks for posting !!! Looks like Centre Street. If I am correct, the large limestone building in the background is the original Police Headquarters, before 1 Police Plaza was built.

[/quote]

Yeah i think your right, the actual box was a block east of little market,right acroos the street for the Italian American museum.
Allways wondered what the rear light bar on the battalion rugs were all about. What's the story. I know they've been around for awhile ... Different versions.
[quote name='BFD190' timestamp='1295932080' post='421973']

Allways wondered what the rear light bar on the battalion rugs were all about. What's the story. I know they've been around for awhile ... Different versions.

[/quote]

I believe the current light bars that raise are made by Whelen.

The originals were made by McDermott light bar company. I believe that McDermott may have been an NYPD Highway cop that developed the light bar to provide for better visibility for the NYPD Highway cars. NYPD, NY NJ Port Authority Police and FDNY have all used them, in addtion, you'll see them on Nassau County and Suffolk County, NY Police Highway cars.

The company is located in Ridgewood, Queens.
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
[quote name='cpage' date='18 December 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1292707414' post='415400']

That is not for ladders it is a tie down and rollers on the roof more then likely for the boats that all the rescue co have. They do have smaller ladders in the back under the bench seat I think a 14 foot roof and an attic ladder.

I think it states this in the info section on the page with the photos of the new rigs.

Chris

Ok After reading this. Had to look. They look like ladders or am I loosing my mind

[/quote]

nope your not loosing your mind those are ladders.
[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' timestamp='1295968594' post='421996']

I believe the current light bars that raise are made by Whelen.

The originals were made by McDermott light bar company. I believe that McDermott may have been an NYPD Highway cop that developed the light bar to provide for better visibility for the NYPD Highway cars. NYPD, NY NJ Port Authority Police and FDNY have all used them, in addtion, you'll see them on Nassau County and Suffolk County, NY Police Highway cars.

The company is located in Ridgewood, Queens.

[/quote]

So are they adding these light bars to the new vehicles for Battalion Chief that are using trucks?
[quote name='Abbott Shaull' timestamp='1295978182' post='422005']

So are they adding these light bars to the new vehicles for Battalion Chief that are using trucks?

[/quote]

Negative, all they're putting on the rear roof now is a yellow arrow stick.
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06