Ladder 8

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Squad 18

Squad 18 Hazmat support

Batt 4

The only shot I could get of Hazmat 1 due to the tight street and the amount of rigs

Attached Files Image(s)

Made a 2nd trip in 2008, rode with the 41 Battalion and made the obligitory stop to Rescue 1 who at the time were running this MACK General Safety rig. I was under the impression this was the reserve piece, but it seems they were desperate for spares so they got this rig....I did see Rescue 3 Running the Condor the same day.

Engine 248 in Brooklyn

Ladder 147 in Brooklyn with company patch

41 Battalion

Engine 281 running a spare

[quote name='pumper8032' timestamp='1302579471' post='434199']

Made a 2nd trip in 2008, rode with the 41 Battalion and made the obligitory stop to Rescue 1 [/quote]

Are you sure this isn't when you were riding around with Warren? Batallion 41 to Midtown Manhattan would be a pretty good fire!!!!!
[quote name='smketrfdny' timestamp='1302196401' post='433261']

Well, your other post implied that. Since it is clarified, I will humbly apologize for jumping down your throat. It is also contracted that no front line apparatus will be refurbed or replaced with a refurb. The only exception to this rule are some of the foam units for example, and TL-53 on City Island, which has a refurbed boom. This was given to TL-105 to replace their rig destroyed on 09/11/01 (RIP) and was an emergency replacement.

In a way, I will respectfully disagree and say we do get our moneys worth. My rig is a 2003 Seagrave and already has close to 7,000 hours on the engine and 42,000 miles, with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd due area of roughly 4 sq miles. And with 3,000 runs a year (now 2,000 with E-277 back in quarters), 9 hours of building inspection 3x a week for 3 hours, hydrants 2x a year, etc., we put a lot of hours on those engines with response, pump and idling time. I have driven spare rigs with over 100,000 miles, and they ran and pumped fine.

As for those dings letting rust in, agreed 100%. But the job is not going to take out a rig for cosmetic repair. By the time the rust is REALLY bad, it's usually at the auction yard, which makes it the new owners problem. Every company carries a red spray can to stop some rust, but no points for cosmetics. My rig is bubbling at the front wheel wells, but it is minor after 7 years. A request to repair those bubbles would promptly be placed in the 'round file'.

And as of this writing, I was told my company will be closed in July, since the city council will NOT fund the money to keep us and 19 other companies open. They do have money to put hammocks on Governor's Island for yuppies to rest, but close firehouses for it. Pathetic.

But screw the city of new york, and mike bloomberg. My rig will be shiny and clean June 30. No dirtbags like them will take my pride away.

FWIW, a spare is what we use to replace a rig out of service. A reserve rig is a fully stocked rig ready to go in case of another emergency or natural disaster. Some Depts. use these terms for both.

Stay safe, Brothers.

[/quote]

Well said Brother!!!
[quote name='1958 F.W.D.' timestamp='1302730736' post='434478']

Are you sure this isn't when you were riding around with Warren? Batallion 41 to Midtown Manhattan would be a pretty good fire!!!!!

[/quote]

Ahhhhh yes, my bad, old age is getting to me......Warren took us here, and to some damn good eateries and a great bakery.....mmmm Cannoli's!
FDNY Driver Training Unit ambulance

"Grab shot" in the area of Fort Tottten via BlackBerry phone

Attached Files Image(s)

2nd FDNY Driver Training Unit ambulance

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='FirePix1075' timestamp='1303350599' post='435829']

2nd FDNY Driver Training Unit ambulance

[/quote]

Now do they practice code 3 runs with this (lights and sirens), or try and jump calls so they can get training while going to a call.
F.D.N.Y Three Forty Three, cruises down the Thames River with New London, Ct. in the background. She was under repair at the Thames Shipyard for the last few weeks. She is heading back to the city, for fire duty.

04-25-11

[Image: 343%2Bon%2Bthe%2BThames%2B2.jpg]

[Image: 343%2Bon%2Bthe%2BThames.jpg]
nice grabs Rob. what were the repairs for?? kind of a long time for a new boat to be laid up isn't it??
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)