Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
The tender in Duncan is a 2005 Southern Fire Sterling Acterra with a vacuum system and 3000 gallon water tank.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The great thing about all this is after visiting in Duncan, a 2 minute walk brings you to North Cowichan's South End station. The newest apparatus in the station is this 2010 Hub Spartan Gladiator with a 1050 pump and 807 gallon water tank.

North Cow runs this 2007 Hub FL M2 as the rescue.

North Cow also runs this 1998 ALF Eagle with Hub body and 1050/800 specs.

The ladder in North Cowichan's South End station is this 1996 E-1 Superior Cyclone TC 1250/250/ 65' truck.

Once upon a time, North Cowichan ran this 1962 Thibault Ford C 950 with a 625 pump and 1000 gallon water tank.

Found this on the way home from FDIC in Columbia, Missouri. It was parked at the Fair Field Inn. Doors were locked and no one was around. Any Idea whats inside? I really like the drivers door mounted mirror and the officers front mounted mirror. It will make it easier to see around the officer.

Calgary Fire Department

Mobile Training

Spartan/Super Vac

[Image: 5691914278_4161783799_z.jpg]

[Image: 5691342719_fd065dfe94_z.jpg]

[Image: 5691343183_97c9b67efc_z.jpg]
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
[quote name='MFD 61 KS' timestamp='1304639676' post='438332']

Found this on the way home from FDIC in Columbia, Missouri. It was parked at the Fair Field Inn. Doors were locked and no one was around. Any Idea whats inside? I really like the drivers door mounted mirror and the officers front mounted mirror. It will make it easier to see around the officer.

Calgary Fire Department

Mobile Training

Spartan/Super Vac

[/quote]

I believe there are two driving simulators inside. I didn't get a chance to see it personally but that's what I was told.
The SVI website has a short walk around video of this unit for Calgary on it's website. It is a Mobile Driver Training Simulation Unit with 2 Doron Precision Driver Simulation units inside.
North Cowichan once operated this 1987 local built GMC Sierra as the rescue truck.

The South End Fire Station in North Cowichan once ran this 1981 Superior Ford C900 with 840/800 specs.

Duncan ran a Ford pumper which was similar to the one North Cowichan operated, and is a 1982 Superior built truck with 840 pump and 750 water tank.

At one time the tender in Duncan was this 1971 Willock Ford C with 200/2000 specs.

The ladder truck in Duncan at one time was this Ex Wheatridge Co. truck. Ladder 2 was a 1982 American LaFrance Lo Pro 1250/250/100' aerial.

[quote name='terry' timestamp='1304660510' post='438360']

The SVI website has a short walk around video of this unit for Calgary on it's website. It is a Mobile Driver Training Simulation Unit with 2 Doron Precision Driver Simulation units inside.

[/quote]

Terry, thanks for the information. Interesting it has warning lights and siren.

Stay Safe,Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
[quote name='MFD 61 KS' timestamp='1304691140' post='438418']

Terry, thanks for the information. Interesting it has warning lights and siren.

Stay Safe,Rick

[/quote]

I'll try to get some detailed shots of the inside at some point in the near future. I will be taking a command course in Calgary at the beginning of June and will see if it's there then.
I saw your new truck in Fire Fighting in Canada, congrats!!
British Columbia has large areas of forest lands and every summer, the threat of forest fires started by campers, thunder storms and other causes is ever present. To combat fires in provincial lands, the province operates a large wildland fire service. I thought I would post a couple of examples of the suppression engines that the fire service once used. Hub built several of these wildland units, including this 1992 International engine with a 420 pump 500 gallon water tank and 10 gallon foam tank.

Anderson Engineering built this Freightliner FL 70 CAFS pumper for the Wildland Fire Service in 1995. This engine had a 625 pump, 500gallons of water and 30 gallons of foam. This unit was also equipped with Hale CAFS.

The Provincial Wildland Fire Service was divided into regions, and the Coastal Fire Region operated this 1989 Willock Westank GMC Topkick with 1200 gallon water tank as a water tender.