Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts Fire Apparatus
City of Everett Ladder Co. 1

Attached Files Image(s)

Town of Saugus Engine Co. 1, for those that don't know these guys have a great multiple alarm running card.....

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='resq1ff' timestamp='1310524560' post='448020']

City of Everett Ladder Co. 1

[/quote]

Looks like Pierce cut this cab down, does this rig run out of an old firehouse with small doors?
[quote name='Wagon Master' timestamp='1310600823' post='448158']

Looks like Pierce cut this cab down, does this rig run out of an old firehouse with small doors?

[/quote]

http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/inde...c=50&st=60

Broadway Fire house in Everett
J Daly

Photographer

Saugus FAO#3

CityWide Car142

June 24tth "Old School Scans" inside of On The Job - Salem- Lynn-Boston-airplane-helo's

Web Site

[url="http://dalyimages.smugmug.com/"]http://dalyimages.smugmug.com/[/url]
[quote name='WoburnEngine5' timestamp='1310439460' post='447883']

They suck. They all bitch about the Mack cfs but if they had to run rescue 2 , then it would be a different story. It's starting to rust. Cab floor and front fenders. I give it a year tops.

[/quote]

there will be another wonderful spare up for grabs next year... it is all yours....
Which one Cap? The Lafrance? That CF is in service I bet 20 days per month. Sometimes months in a row.
Kenny Robishaw FF/EMT-P

Engine Company 5

City of Woburn Ma

Fire Department

"I'd rather be stretchin......"
[quote name='WoburnEngine5' timestamp='1310698195' post='448325']

Which one Cap? The Lafrance? That CF is in service I bet 20 days per month. Sometimes months in a row.

[/quote]

the frieghtshaker.... one owner, driven to medicals and boxes out of station 2, never saw any downtown running.... we are in the captial for a new pump i think next fiscal year.. plus it can always be borrowed at anytime....
[quote name='firelaw757' timestamp='1310750406' post='448382']

the frieghtshaker.... one owner, driven to medicals and boxes out of station 2, never saw any downtown running.... we are in the captial for a new pump i think next fiscal year.. plus it can always be borrowed at anytime....

[/quote]

You sure C5? Town website has it listed in the detailed capital budget outlook for FY2016 at $630K. As we know with you Cap, anything can happen at RFD and probably will!!!
<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
[quote name='KDWMAEMT' timestamp='1310754287' post='448389']

You sure C5? Town website has it listed in the detailed capital budget outlook for FY2016 at $630K. As we know with you Cap, anything can happen at RFD and probably will!!!

[/quote]

kev.. it gets modified all the time, the latest discussion was to begin the process. I will have to look and see what is going on... there must have been a change, once again... also, call me.. i need some info from you...thanks...
Found this sad relic while on vacation this past week...

ex South Hadley Falls

Engine 3

1970's??? Maxim

Attached Files Image(s)

Also, the campground where we stayed had this Engine to drive kids around on the weekends.

Ex: Westhampton MA

Engine 3

1980's Duplex?

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='atlanticfiretrucks.com' timestamp='1311007938' post='448822']

Found this sad relic while on vacation this past week...

ex South Hadley Falls

Engine 3

1970's??? Maxim

[/quote]

Judging by the fenders, jumpseat window shape, etc., it's probably more like a 60's vintage, before they went to the wider cab with narrower fenders, larger more rectangular jumpseat windows, different placement of the chrome trim strips and Maxim emblem, different style kickplates, etc. I think newer/wider cab debuted in '71 but the narrower cab which originated in '59 could still be had up 'til '71 (hence Munster, IN's Snorkel which was a 71, but with the older cab).
The truck still has the handle on the backstep as well for the riders.
[quote name='maximsnorkel27' timestamp='1311103983' post='448971']

Judging by the fenders, jumpseat window shape, etc., it's probably more like a 60's vintage, before they went to the wider cab with narrower fenders, larger more rectangular jumpseat windows, different placement of the chrome trim strips and Maxim emblem, different style kickplates, etc. I think newer/wider cab debuted in '72 and the narrower cab which originated in '59 could still be had up 'til '71.

[/quote]

It is in really tough shape, lots of body rot under the spray paint...
Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
[quote name='hoss' timestamp='1311130746' post='449008']

It is in really tough shape, lots of body rot under the spray paint...

[/quote]

Sad to see a once gorgeous Maxim like that rotting out like so much junk...
If anyone is interested....it is being used by the company which has its sign on the rear of the truck. Off Interstate 91, at exit 18(North Hampton I believe) in Mass.
Former Malden Rescue 1, now out of service and parked outside at Malden Engine 2 (which is running from Station 4)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='mmwolf65' timestamp='1312228504' post='450903']

Former Malden Rescue 1, now out of service and parked outside at Malden Engine 2 (which is running from Station 4)

[/quote]

What is Malden running these days? I know they were at one time running engines 1,2,3,4 L 1 & 2 and Rescue 1 last I heard E4 was OOS and the station they shared with Revere E3 was closed but this pics looks like there
[quote name='mmwolf65' timestamp='1312228504' post='450903']

[/quote]

I think Engine 2 is running with the old E 3 98 Pierce out of "center house"... Engine 4 is now running with E 2's 2007 Pierce ....they still have to re number them... I think they are running 2 engines & ladder out of center house...Engine & ladder out of "dist 3" and a engine out of overlook ridge drive.... Engine 2's house "Maplewood" was "closed"..
[quote name='yelrowekim' timestamp='1312340616' post='451176']

I think Engine 2 is running with the old E 3 98 Pierce out of "center house"... Engine 4 is now running with E 2's 2007 Pierce ....they still have to re number them... I think they are running 2 engines & ladder out of center house...Engine & ladder out of "dist 3" and a engine out of overlook ridge drive.... Engine 2's house "Maplewood" was "closed"..

[/quote]

That sounds right. I know Maplewood was closed after living conditions there were made public and the city finally decided to take action. Last I heard, they were indeed back to 4 pumps and 2 ladders...still no rescue though!