Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts Fire Apparatus
Nice, I have family in Beverly. How big is the dept? They stay busy like the rest of the area depts? My uncle is a retired Worcester FF, (lt.) on a ladder last I remember!
[quote name='ppfd' post='47465' date='Oct 29 2006, 16:44 ']Nice, I have family in Beverly. How big is the dept? They stay busy like the rest of the area depts? My uncle is a retired Worcester FF, (lt.) on a ladder last I remember![/quote]

Beverly currently operates 3 engines, 1,3,5 and Car 2 (shift commander) as well as 1 ladder when manpower is available (a rare treat) they also have two unmanned spare engines, and a Ford F-Series brush truck that is cross staffed by Engine 5. Engine 5 also performs ladder comapny duties when Ladder is out of service due to staffing (Engine 5 is a quint with a 75 ft stick). They operate out of 3 stations, 1 engine and 1 spare engine at each of the two substations, and 1 engine 1 ladder and Car 2 at headquarters. There are curently 65 firefighters and officers as well as 5 fire alarm operators.

Beverly runs approximately 4500 calls each year (From their website).

This is a far cry from 15 years ago when they ran 5 engines and 2 ladders from 5 stations. Engines 4 and 6 were cut in 1992 and the Centerville and Ryal Side stations were closed, at around the same time Ladder 2 was in and out of service due to staffing. In 1996 Engine 5 and Ladder 2 were condsolidated when they were both replaced with the current quint that would carry the designation Engine 5, Ladder 2's piece was sold to Hamilton.

Then again in 2004 with cuts in state aid, overtime was cut causing Ladder 1 to be put out of service much of the time, it is staffed duruing major snow storms and whatnot, and sometimes for short periods over the winter.
Beverly Engine Compnay 3 before going in service

J Daly

Photographer

Saugus FAO#3

CityWide Car142

June 24tth "Old School Scans" inside of On The Job - Salem- Lynn-Boston-airplane-helo's

Web Site

[url="http://dalyimages.smugmug.com/"]http://dalyimages.smugmug.com/[/url]
Belmont Ladder 1, A 2000 E\-One 110’ RMA, backing into there new station.

Attached Files Image(s)

Does anyone happen to hany any pictures of Billerica by any chance? I live there but go to college in NH and

heard they received a new tanker to replace the old Diamond Rio they had. Thanks!
[quote name='Brian013086' post='49348' date='Nov 6 2006, 09:55 ']Does anyone happen to hany any pictures of Billerica by any chance? I live there but go to college in NH and

heard they received a new tanker to replace the old Diamond Rio they had. Thanks![/quote]

Check out [url="http://firenews.org/b.html"]www.firenews.org[/url] for pictures from Billerica.
I posted this particular rig in the Boston thread but it fits here since it's not in service with Boston at this current time...

"Chelsea Ladder 1", a spare 1988 110' ladder formerly serving at Ladder 21.

The reason why it is in service is due to both frontline ladders being out of service at the same time. Fitting that former Ladder 21 is in use as it covers on 2nd alarm/responds on 3rd alarm and some of if not the largest fires it has been involved in have come in Chelsea.

Attached Files Image(s)

Grabbed this photo today when Sutphen brought a demo tower ladder to Reading for evaluation. Although they arent due to purchase a new ladder for several years, nothing wrong with starting early. Got the opportunity to take a ride up in the bucket. Very smooth. I guess they were demoing in Peabody as well, as I saw it on the way there after leaving the Peabody courthouse today. Not the best shot, but since they were late getting here, the sun was very low.

Attached Files Image(s)

<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
I guess the title of this thread is a bit outdated, but I couldn't resist getting this shot for the thread yesterday when I saw how well posed this rig was.

Quincy, MA Ladder 1 2002 HME/Smeal MMA

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Framingham Engine 3, a 1994 Pierce

Attached Files Image(s)

Fairhaven Fire Chief

This is a long way from Fairhaven, parked adjacent to Boston City Hall Annex...

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 1

2001 KME

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 3

2005 ALF Eagle

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 5

1996 E\-One 75' RMA Quint

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 1

1988 E\-One 110' RMA

Attached Files Image(s)

Car 2

2003 Chevy Tahoe

Attached Files Image(s)

Car 5

???? Ford

Attached Files Image(s)

I think the Explorer is a 2005. C-1 also has a brand new 2006 Tahoe, his old 2001 Tahoe has been re-lettered and used to replace one of the 1996 S-10 Blazers.
Ipswich

Engine 3

2003 Sutphen

Attached Files Image(s)

Ipswich

Truck 1

1997 KME 100' RMA Quint

Attached Files Image(s)