Minneapolis Engine 7

[Image: 034.jpg]

[Image: 035.jpg]

[Image: 036.jpg]

[/quote]

Now thats a truck.......
Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.
[quote name='grubber33270' timestamp='1313011620' post='452422']

Sorry these little canada Shots didnt turn out as good as i would of liked them too.

First out Engine 18.

[Image: 050.jpg]

[Image: 051.jpg]

[Image: 052.jpg]

[/quote]

Gotta love Little Canada and their choice to be a sole source department with one manufacturer that builds quality long lasting trucks.
Dave McClung

express permission.
[quote name='Dave McClung' timestamp='1313028155' post='452491']Gotta love Little Canada and their choice to be a sole source department with one manufacturer that builds quality long lasting trucks.

[/quote]

The folks in the midwest are lucky to have a lot of quality builders within a couple of hours of their stations!
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
....Shut up Dave.....Is that a ward diesel filter on the little canada rigs?
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
[quote name='willman940' timestamp='1313035838' post='452498']

....Shut up Dave.....Is that a ward diesel filter on the little canada rigs?

[/quote]

Will, It has been a few years since I have visited LC for a photo shoot and I don't remember the specs on the rigs off the top of my head.
Dave McClung

express permission.
I will add some more detail to some of the recent photos posted here, first LCFD is not actually part of the city of Little Canada, they are their own non-profit company with part of their budget coming from the contract to provide fire protection to the city residents. As such, I believe they don't need to go through the competitive bid process which is why their fleet is pretty much all Pierce. Here is what I remember of rig specs, but could be wrong.

LCFD Ladder 14 is a 1993 Pierce Lance or Arrow Cab/Chassis with 75' Aerial. Can't remember pump or tank size. About a year ago they were looking at neighboring Vadnais Heights' spec on their 1999 Dash 105' Aerial as they were apparently beginning the process to replace this truck, I don't know where they are at in this process.

LCFD Engine 18 is 2006 Pierce Lance 2000 GPM/750/Foam??

LCFD Engine 15 (back-up) is a 1995 or 1996 Pierce Lance pump may be smaller otherwise same specs as Engine 18.

LCFD Rescue 17 is a 1997 or 1998 Kenworth/Pierce HD rescue

Hope this helps.
David "Frenchy" French

"If I wanted smoke blown up my ass, I'd be at home with a pack of cigarettes and a short length of hose"
[quote name='Dave McClung' timestamp='1313028010' post='452489']

Now thats a truck.......[/quote]

Wish MFD would get real Q Sirens again.
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
MFD Engine 4, 8 & 14 lined up in front of Target Field.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brooklyn Park Engine 11, with its fresh new black/Red Paint job.

2004 spartan, 500/2000

[Image: 026.jpg]

[Image: 027.jpg]
St Louis Park New Rescue 2, F550/ Rosenbauer, 750/250,

[Image: 024.jpg]

[Image: 025.jpg]
Eagan Rehab/Air 2.

[Image: Rehab2-1.jpg]

[Image: Rehab2.jpg]
Eagan Mobile Command.

[Image: MobileCommand-1.jpg]
Eagan Ladder 2

[Image: Ladder2-2.jpg]

[Image: Ladder2-1.jpg]
And Final for today Eagan Engine 2.

[Image: Engine2-1-1.jpg]
[quote name='grubber33270' timestamp='1313000825' post='452410']

Minneapolis Salvage truck (Air/Rehab)

[Image: 046.jpg]

[Image: 047.jpg]

[/quote]

I may have missed it along the way in this thread, but is the return to the commercial cabs in Minneapolis simply a monetary issue? The new Rosenbauers look smaller overall than the Pierce E5 and others...Are they equipped differently or used in a different role, or just a change in body style for engine companies?
I am gonna let steve or john take this one, but from my understanding there swtching over to the FLM12s due to there size the big rosenbauer engines like engine 4 current is a 2004, its getting tough to get those down some of the city streets, and alley ways in the city so they wanted a slimer model. While the last batch of engines were those big old Pierce engines 5,6,7. They just wanted smaller

[quote name='b9208' timestamp='1313214683' post='452749']

I may have missed it along the way in this thread, but is the return to the commercial cabs in Minneapolis simply a monetary issue? The new Rosenbauers look smaller overall than the Pierce E5 and others...Are they equipped differently or used in a different role, or just a change in body style for engine companies?

[/quote]
Josh has it correct. Money is an issue, but size and simplicity is the primary reason. The three Pierce Arrow XT engines are sitting right around 54,000 lbs GVW and you can see how big they are. With winters being what they are in Minnesota the streets get narrower with each snowfall. The last three Pierce engines were purchased for somewhere north of $1.5 million dollars. These six engines are probably closer to $300,000 each.

They have 1500 GPM pumps and 500 GWT. All the discharges and preconnects come off the back, and the hose beds are pretty low. We had one next to one of the 04 Rosenbauers and by my scientific method of measurement, the new one looked to be about 2 feet shorter.