2004 Ford F350 / Beaverbuilt

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='FirePix1075' timestamp='1313903102' post='453797']

Baltimore City Fire Department Reserve Truck 51

1994 Seagrave 85' RM Snorkel

Ex Truck 1

[/quote]

Excellent shot of the snorkel!
Maryland Task Force 2 (MD-TF2) Urban Search & Rescue All Hazards Response System

2009 International / Morgan

* Caught this rig leaving the Alternate Care Site at GBMC as I headed out for a bite to eat today. Great timing. Another reason never to leave home without a camera.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You got anymore pics of Md-TF 2?
Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
www.clintonvfd.org

Washington DC Fire Department
FireFighter Truck Co. 15
Here's a couple of shots I got at a 2008 HazMat drill.

Other side:

A close up look at what is inside:

[quote name='FirePix1075' timestamp='1313903102' post='453797']

Baltimore City Fire Department Reserve Truck 51

1994 Seagrave 85' RM Snorkel

Ex Truck 1

[/quote]

Is there a reason that this is in the reserve pool and not in front line service? Great looking rig
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
Is that the same Truck 51 from Ladder 49?
[quote name='grubber33270' timestamp='1329436753' post='475070']

Is that the same Truck 51 from Ladder 49?

[/quote]

Yes
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
[quote name='countryboy88' timestamp='1329435254' post='475068']

Is there a reason that this is in the reserve pool and not in front line service? Great looking rig

[/quote]

It doesn't run frontline but it does respond on multi-alarm fires for the elevated master stream. The guys at the station (it is housed with Truck 2 and an engine company) said that there are drivers for it throughout the batallion to make sure it can respond when needed. I don't think running a snorkel front line is practical for the city.
There were a view things that played into taking it out of 1st line. When it was Truck 1 it saw lots of 1st in fires and it takes a little longer to set up than a normal truck. Also the wear and tear of running all the other typical calls it ran. Then add only certain people could operate it.

One of the reasons they purchased this was because of the light rail and it could operate easier around the over head wires on Howard St. Hence why it didn't go bye bye when the aerial towers went.

So now its Reserve Truck 51. Like said before it goes on multiple alarms and is dispatched as Water Tower 1. It also gets used to often remove patients from upper floors and roof tops if needed.
Thanks for the info guys. Its a great looking piece
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
[quote name='Tim' timestamp='1329438570' post='475073']

Yes

[/quote]

I believe the one that was used in Ladder 49 was the old 1977 Hendrickson/Pierce, but yes it was lettered Truck 51.
According to one of the lieutenants at 1 Truck, Truck 51 leaks every possible fluid it can hold, from diesel fuel to hydrolic fluid and everything in between. The last time I road on it was about 2 years ago and it was a mess then. Brian is right, the unit is required to have two "EPO's" to operate. They have tried to train the other truck companies in the 2nd Battalion as EPO's so they can come get the wagon if 1 Truck is out. Problem there is if 1 Truck is on the fire, chances are the other trucks are probably on the fire also. I know on my shift they are pretty proactive, if they take something that sounds lik it going somewhere, they will take both rigs.
[quote name='FirePix1075' timestamp='1329268431' post='474826']

Maryland Task Force 2 (MD-TF2) Urban Search & Rescue All Hazards Response System

2009 International / Morgan

* Caught this rig leaving the Alternate Care Site at GBMC as I headed out for a bite to eat today. Great timing. Another reason never to leave home without a camera.

[/quote]I have never heard of this unit or dept. Who operates this? Someone please explain?

Dan
[url="http://www.mdtf2.net/index.cfm?Section=10&PageNum=78"]http://www.mdtf2.net...n=10&PageNum=78[/url]

Check out this site, it will explain:

Its the Maryland contingent. These units are stored somewhere in east Baltimore. The Special Operations Command along with Rescue 1 trains and runs them.