Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Of Conneticut
Engine 2 in Winsted operated this good looking 1974 Maxim S with 1000 gpm-pump and 500 gwt. It was rebuilt in 1988 by Gowans-Knight including a 54' Squrt. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The last for tonight is Engine 3 from Rocky Hill. It was a 1973 Maxim F with 1500 gpm-pump, 500 gwt and 55' Telesqurt. Rebuilt in 1988 by Pierce. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

a few notes: both Wethersfield ALFs (Truck 32 and the older Quad) are both in the hands of private collectors (i believe the same one). 32 was replaced by a 1997 Sutphen 100ft tower.

Hartford's Ladder 3 was originally a single rear axle that was converted to the double rear configuration and cabinetry added in house by the HFD shops. it is now serving in Willington Ct as Tower 113.

also its really nice to see Rocky Hill's Engine 3. brings back some memories of when i served with Rocky Hill. it was an automatic with a Cummins 903 and Jake brake. no doubt about it when she was on the street and slowing down. at last report she was still serving somewhere south of the border. replaced by a 1999 Pierce Quantum 1250/500.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
[quote name='kieferfire' timestamp='1317230744' post='458433']

Engine 6 in Woodbridge operated a 1976 ALF Pioneer II, that was equipped with a 1000 gpm-pump, 500 gallons of water, and a 50' Telesqurt. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

[/quote]

woodbridge still operates this apparatus. i have heard rumors that they are going to replace it soon though, with a tower that is around $1 million
[quote name='kieferfire' timestamp='1317231313' post='458437']

Engine 2 in Winsted operated this good looking 1974 Maxim S with 1000 gpm-pump and 500 gwt. It was rebuilt in 1988 by Gowans-Knight including a 54' Squrt. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

[/quote]

Made my day! Minus the diamond plate compartments, a great looking truck! Thanks for sharing, TJ
[quote name='chfc14' timestamp='1317299878' post='458487']

Made my day! Minus the diamond plate compartments, a great looking truck! Thanks for sharing, TJ[/quote]

Here's a shot of it in its original state.

Photo by Mark A. Redman

[Image: winseng2b.jpg]
[quote name='cfrtruck' timestamp='1317345077' post='458561']

Photo by Mark A. Redman

[/quote]

Yup: that did it!!!! Thanks, Mark. Simply outstanding! TJ
[quote name='cfrtruck' timestamp='1317345077' post='458561']

Photo by Mark A. Redman

[/quote]

Mark I hope you don't mind but I've posted a few of your shots on the [url="http://www.facebook.com/groups/76543054022/"]Litchfield County Fire/EMS[/url] group on Facebook with credit of course. They have been very well received!
Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
Saulsbury was my favorite "modern day" apparatus manufacturer. The company built some very nice and interesting rigs for CT Fire Departments. Here are some.

Engine 5 in Hartford was one of several 1994 Mack MR with Saulsbury bodywork, 1500 gpm/ 500 gwt. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Rescue 1 in Hartford operated this 1996 Mack MR with Saulsbury body. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Engine 31 from the Goshen Fire Company in Waterford was a 1991 Simon-Duplex D 500 with Saulsbury body, 1500 gpm/ 500 water. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Goshen Engine 33 was this great looking 1989 GMC 7000 4x4 with Saulsbury bodywork, 750 gpm/ 300 water. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Engine 42 from the Oswegatchie Fire Co. in Waterford was this 1989 Simon-Duplex D 500 with Saulsbury bodywork, 1500 gpm/ 750 gwt. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Oswegatchie Rescue 94 operated this 1989 Simon-Duplex D 500 with Saulsbury body. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Rescue 240 in Tolland was a 1978 Mack R with Saulsbury body. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Rescue 12 in Seymour operated this neat 1974 Ford F with Saulsbury bodywork. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

LOVE the old Rescue 1 in Hartford (known as "The Tac") replaced by a Ferrara heavy rescue unit. the last i knew she was still around as the reserve Tac with will over 100,000 miles on her.

also love that old Tolland Rescue 240!!
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
Emergency 1 from the Tunxis Hose Co. 1 in Unionville was this 1987 Ford LN 700 with Saulsbury body. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Rescue 35 from the South Fire District in Middletown was a 1992 Peterbilt 320 with Saulsbury bodywork. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Rescue 1 in Cromwell was this 1992 Simon-Duplex D-500 with Saulsbury bodywork. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.