Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
This & That from Here & There
   Our next stop was the Four Oaks FD, which I mistakenly wrote down in my notes as Fair Oaks.  Thanks to "Engine504Driver", corrections have been made.  One engine outside, all the doors up, no one home.  Inside, we found an EMS employee who told us that "the crew was just out there testing hose".  We shot the engine that was sitting outside and they showed back up.

Engine 2, Four Oaks, NC

1978 Mack CF/1992 Pierce refurb

1000/500

#CF685F-2004/#F-2940

x-Raleigh, NC

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Engine 1, Four Oaks, NC

2008 Pierce Arrow XT

1500/1000/30F

Engine 3, Four Oaks, NC

2000 Spartan/Quality

1250/1000

#M-1415

Rescue 1, Four Oaks, NC

1999 Freightliner FL-70/SuperVac

x-Johnson County, KS

Tanker 1, Four Oaks, NC

1986 GMC 7000/E.E.I.

300/1500

Brush 1, Four Oaks, NC

2006 Ford F-550/Rawson-Koenig/Slagle

250/300/10AF 4x4

minor oversight, all of your posts say Fair Oaks, apparatus says "FOUR" Oaks.....

Remember, it's their Emergency, not yours !  Arrive Alive !
Quote:minor oversight, all of your posts say Fair Oaks, apparatus says "FOUR" Oaks.....
Okay, so I can't read......

Seriously, if you had not pointed it out, I may never have caught it.  All my notes say Fair Oaks!  Doh
And I only noticed it because Fair Oaks, VA isn't that far away from me and thought maybe you had been up this way.....on well, all is good.....by the way, great pics as always !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember, it's their Emergency, not yours !  Arrive Alive !
Engine 11, Selma, NC (Honest, I double checked!)

2010 Pierce Saber 

1500/1000/25AF

Engine 10, Selma, NC

2005 Pierce Enforcer

1500/1000/25AF

Utility 9, Selma, NC

2001 Pierce Saber

Ladder 10, Selma, NC

1991 E\-One Cyclone TC

1250/500/75'

x-Knightdale, NC

Engine 12, Selma, NC

1984 Duplex D-350/E.E.I.

1500/1000

Quote:Rescue 1, Four Oaks, NC

1999 Freightliner FL-70/SuperVac

x-Johnson County, KS
Wow Dave you found it. I wondered where this rescue went.  This was actually Junction City, Kansas about 2.5hours west of Topeka home of the Army Big Red 1 at Fort Riley. Thanks for posting great photo. 

JCFD had a pretty standard RED fire department staffing two Pumps and cross-staffing the Aerial Ladder for commercial fires and staffing the Geary County Ambulances. They added a second fire house in 1999 and purchased a new RED Pump and this White Rescue. The rescue replaced a Ford F-Series squad/brush buggy. The new outside fire chief at the time wanted a Rescue Concept, seemed to be a fire service fad at during that time. He also wanted the Rescue to standout from the fleet since they used a mix of city, county, and county ambulance funds. He operated this rescue first out of fire house two and placed the Aerial there only for fires. It was quite interesting on fires as they would cross-staff and bring the Rescue and Aerial with two pumps responding from fire house 1. The rescue would respond for all fire stills and ems. This rescue concept and the rescue were not embraced by the firemen. I remember the color was a big sticking point with the firemen.  That Chief had a short lived career at JCFD and when he left so did the Rescue concept. The rescue became a secondary unit only for entrapments until they could sell it. They replaced it with a RED Pierce Arrow XT rear mount pumper. They currently run two Engines, one at each fire house and the Aerial from fire house 1. 
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Quote:Wow Dave you found it. I wondered where this rescue went.  This was actually Junction City, Kansas about 2.5hours west of Topeka home of the Army Big Red 1 at Fort Riley. Thanks for posting great photo. 

JCFD had a pretty standard RED fire department staffing two Pumps and cross-staffing the Aerial Ladder for commercial fires and staffing the Geary County Ambulances. They added a second fire house in 1999 and purchased a new RED Pump and this White Rescue. The rescue replaced a Ford F-Series squad/brush buggy. The new outside fire chief at the time wanted a Rescue Concept, seemed to be a fire service fad at during that time. He also wanted the Rescue to standout from the fleet since they used a mix of city, county, and county ambulance funds. He operated this rescue first out of fire house two and placed the Aerial there only for fires. It was quite interesting on fires as they would cross-staff and bring the Rescue and Aerial with two pumps responding from fire house 1. The rescue would respond for all fire stills and ems. This rescue concept and the rescue were not embraced by the firemen. I remember the color was a big sticking point with the firemen.  That Chief had a short lived career at JCFD and when he left so did the Rescue concept. The rescue became a secondary unit only for entrapments until they could sell it. They replaced it with a RED Pierce Arrow XT rear mount pumper. They currently run two Engines, one at each fire house and the Aerial from fire house 1. 
Thanks for the info, Rick!
   Selma also operates a County-owned foam unit.  It is equipped with six 265-gallon foam tanks.

Foam Unit 1, Johnston County, NC

2007 Hino 338/Quality Truck Body

0/0/1590F

The former Foam Unit was sitting behind the station.

Foam Unit 6, Johnston County, NC

1990 Chevy Kodiak/Quality Truck Body

0/0/1060F

Engine 1, Pine Level, NC

2004 International 7400/E-One

1500/1000

Engine 2, Pine Level, NC

1994 Ford F-8000/E-One

1250/1000