Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
I have posted a photo of Campbell River's ladder much earlier in this thread, but will add it again. L-1 is a 1993 Smeal Spartan Gladiator with a 1250 pump 400 gallon water tank and 75' ladder.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

At one time, E-22 ran a 1986 Hub built Mack MC pumper with a 1250 pump and 500 gallon water tank.

Engine 11 when I photographed it was white over lime, but is now a respectable white over red color. This engine is a 1999 Smeal Spartan Gladiator with a 1750 pump, 500 gallon water tank, 25 gallon class A foam tank and 10 gallon class B tank.

Engine 21 in Campbell River is a 1993 Superior E-1 Cyclone TC with a 1500 gpm pump, 800 gallon water tank, 37 gallon A tank and 8 gallon B tank.When I first saw all the air horns on this rig I had visions of them rolling on a run and hitting the horns and running out of air! Wouldn't that be a bummer!

A bit south of Campbell River is the community of Courtenay B. C. They run out of one station and have as the first out Engine, a 2008 Fort Garry Spartan Gladiator with 1750/500/20/20 specs.

The ladder company in Courtenay is running this Smeal built truck utilizing a Spartan Gladiator chassis with a 1750 pump, 500 gallon water tank, 30 gallon A foam tank and 75' ladder.

Rescue 71 in Courtenay is this 1992 Spartan Gladiator ex Washington Township IA.

T-14 in Courtenay is this 2006 Commercial Body Builders Freightliner M2 with a 500 gpm pump and a 1700 gallon water tank.

One last post for tonight, and this was a photo I took using my dear wifes camera way back when we were on the other side of the country. Rescue pumper #4 in sunny Wolfville Nova Scotia is this 2009 E-1 beast.

I came across this strip of negs while sorting stuff and thought I would post a few images of Vancouver's first Firebird setting up while drilling. The drill ground at one time was located under a bridge so you could get a birds eye view of the department when they at work without getting in the way. This is a 1973 125' Calavar Firebird platform on a Hendrickson chassis.

The jack spread was impressive!

Here it is, coming to say hi to me.

A bit higher!

And finally, from the rear.

As Requested Montreal 7019

Mark, was there any talk of Montreal replacing the 7019 in the future? I know it was a shop queen and almost never in service. Thanks!
No talk of replacing 7019. We have 4 Rosenbauer T-rex's on order but they are much shorter.
Ok thanks, I knew about the T-Rexs and know they are going to replace the smaller 700 series Brontos that are what, 20 years old by now? I know you guys have the 135 foot aerials, wasn't sure if you'd get a taller platform too.
with unseasonably warm weather, I managed to photograph this new pumper for Taber, Alberta yesterday. 2011 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/International 7400 4x4 1050/800/25 s/n #M299

Attached Files Image(s)

The city of Maple Ridge B.C. is to the east of Vancouver, and operates out of three stations. They have replaced several of their fleet over the last few years. In 2009, Maple Ridge added two of these Hub built Spartan Gladiator engines withrear mounted 1250 GPM pumps, 500 gallon water tanks and twin 30 gallon foam tanks. These engines are also CAFS equipped.