Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
[quote name='Wing1223' timestamp='1323897179' post='467241']

HOCKESSIN DL AUTOCAR/HAMERLY

[/quote]

Correct me if I'm off base on this, but wasn't this rig donated to Crawford TX VFD.
It was but now it's back in Hockessin owned by a member of their department
I dont knnow if it was donated but I think that is where it is now.
Former Colorado City Arizona/Utah Fire Department 1946 Dodge/Howe Pumper. Originally served Central Heights California.

Attached Files Image(s)

The Kingman Firefighters Association of Mohave County Arizona is in the process of restoring this Seagrave Pumper

Attached Files Image(s)

Former Trainer Volunteer Fire Company of Delaware County Pa's Ward LaFrance Pumper sitting in a towing buisness in Pendell Bucks County Pa a while back

Attached Files Image(s)

An old American LaFrance Pumper sitting across from the Hawethorne Nevada Volunteer Fire Department

Attached Files Image(s)

The now defunct Eagle Valley Volunteer Fire Company of Lincoln County Nevada's former apparatus.

Attached Files Image(s)

A retired American LaFrance 100ft Ladder Truck found at a used Fire Apparatus dealership in Lancaster County Pa a while back. This rig used to serve the Beverly Hills Ca Fire Department and was later used in the movie Frequency

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='engine98' timestamp='1323901094' post='467263']

A retired American LaFrance 100ft Ladder Truck found at a used Fire Apparatus dealership in Lancaster County Pa a while back. This rig used to serve the Beverly Hills Ca Fire Department and was later used in the movie Frequency

[/quote]

Fire truck place owned by our own Chief66, Glenn Usdin, who owns/runs Command Fire Apparatus outside of Landisville, Pa (where this picture was taken). This piece has been there for many, many years.. he also owns the Mack engine that was used in the movie Frequency which was X-Centronia, Lehigh County, Pa
Thanks for the update. When I took this photo, the place was called Northeast Fire Apparatus. Always a cool place to visit.
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' timestamp='1323696537' post='466948']

did you get a photo of the pump plate and/or a serial #? I am missing the info for that rig. thanks!

[/quote]

here you go

[Image: 008.jpg]
thanks!
Here is the rig in East Norwich. from my collection

[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' timestamp='1323696537' post='466948']

did you get a photo of the pump plate and/or a serial #? I am missing the info for that rig. thanks!

[/quote]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Anybody have any ideas about this rig? Circa 1955 GMC/TASC. Reported to be from New Jersey. Donated to South Santee - Germantown FD (Now defunct and part of Awendaw Fire District) in SC after Hurricane Hugo devastated the area in 1989. Note the offset "low ceiling" type beacon bracket on the cab.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

what does the door and hood writing say?

[quote name='HOWE' timestamp='1324009057' post='467433']

Anybody have any ideas about this rig? Circa 1955 GMC/TASC. Reported to be from New Jersey. Donated to South Santee - Germantown FD (Now defunct and part of Awendaw Fire District) in SC after Hurricane Hugo devastated the area in 1989. Note the offset "low ceiling" type beacon bracket on the cab.

[/quote]
[quote name='HOWE' timestamp='1324009057' post='467433']

[/quote]

You should check with our own TascMan, who wrote a book about this series of rigs. He could likely give you all of the goods on the rig.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' timestamp='1324011494' post='467434']

what does the door and hood writing say?

[/quote]

I'm not sure. A friend took this, and he can't remember what was on it, nor can he decipher it from his pics. He has actually just gone to work for the Awendaw FD recently and will try to read the lettering the next time he is out at that station.
[quote name='HOWE' timestamp='1324091226' post='467500']

I'm not sure. A friend took this, and he can't remember what was on it, nor can he decipher it from his pics. He has actually just gone to work for the Awendaw FD recently and will try to read the lettering the next time he is out at that station.

[/quote]

UPDATE ON ABOVE: The doors have Barnegat Fire Dept. on them, but the back of the truck has the name of a community beginning with a "T" with comma NJ at the end. Unable to make it out due to fade & rust. The TASC Reg. No. is 119.
[sup]Found in NH, 1970's IH/ Ansul Magnum Rapid Intervention/Index A ARFF truck. Told to be an ex-Coast Guard Training Center Cape May rig (kudos to Mark Redman "ARFFRIG")[/sup]

Attached Files Image(s)