Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arson Fire & Explosion, Aurora CO 6-23-14
At 03:00 Aurora Engine 9, Tower 6 & Battalion 3 were dispatched to an odor investigation at 20304 E Vassar Ave.  The RP was the occupant who reported smelling a smoke & chemical odor inside.  3 minutes later numerous 911 callers reported and explosion and flames from the address and a task force was dispatched.  On my way there I could see a plume and glow from several miles way. 

First due Engine 9 began a transitional attack, my first photos were taken as their tank water was less than 1/4 and the plug was being charged. 

Engine 10 quickly arrived behind 9's and pulled a back up line

OV Crew from Tower 6 runs ladders, the occupant was on the phone with 911 and was unable to get out of the backyard on her own.

Engine 10 & Tower 6 made entry, conducted a primary search which proved negative and started pulling ceiling.  Truck 8 was assigned as RIC, reported heavy fire in the attic above them and command ordered a withdraw.

Tower 6 sets up for aerial ops

Dual lines open up on the second floor master suite area and attic

A 3rd line was used on the bravo and the charlie sides along with T6

Always interesting to see the Bronto set up.  Fully off the ground is what they were trained to do every time.  Note the step ladder in the lower left corner to access the turntable

Tower 6 doing a roof / attic size up about 30 minutes in

Bucket work...

Stubborn garage fire.  Investigators determined a few hours later that the cause was incendiary.

Last one, hitting hot spots on the soffit

good photos!

tHANKs
tHANKs
Great photos!

Greg Muhr

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/'>http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/</a>
cool pics!