Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
Martensville, Saskatchewan  2014 Acres/Int'l 7400  1050/1000/25   

Attached Files Image(s)

Tsuu T'ina First Nation, 2013 Freightliner/Rosenbauer 500gpm/1500gal. This truck has no ULC plate, I'm assuming because the pump size is too small to be rated. Taken while I was on a mutual aid call with our tender to a building fire on the Nation.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Tsuu T'ina First Nation, 2013 Freightliner/Rosenbauer 500gpm/1500gal. This truck has no ULC plate, I'm assuming because the pump size is too small to be rated. Taken while I was on a mutual aid call with our tender to a building fire on the Nation.

Yup, that's just it Rob. As per ULC:

"4.2.1 Minimum rated capacity: 3,000 L/min (625gpm/750 US-gpm)"

In the above number, "gpm" refers to Imperial Gallons.

That being said, there are still departments once in a while who do not want their truck ULC tested and plated. It's an added expense that not everyone benefits from.
1 of 2 industrial foam pumper/tankers headed to CHINA.  2014 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Int'l 7400  1050/2200/800  

Attached Files Image(s)

Black River-Matheson, Ontario  2014 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/FL-M2-106   16' walk-in rescue.  Smaller than usual tires and low body height to fit into their station.

Attached Files Image(s)

They look like car tires.

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Anyone else notice that there is no light bar on the Pumper/Tanker

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Quote:Black River-Matheson, Ontario  2014 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/FL-M2-106   16' walk-in rescue.  Smaller than usual tires and low body height to fit into their station.
Weird looking.
Quote:Anyone else notice that there is no light bar on the Pumper/Tanker

or any warning lights for that fact.............
Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
Good eyes!  There are only 2 small LED warning lights on the front side fenders.  No siren.  Not even an air horn!

Maybe they will add that in CHINA.....Cheaper to make there.......Yeah I went there lol

E421  Carrot River, Saskatchewan  2014 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/FL-M2-106  1050/1500/25  CAFS   s/n #M530

Attached Files Image(s)

THe Box Springs station of Cypress County, Alberta will soon be receiving this 2014 Fort Garry Fire Trucks pumper.  Built on an Int'l 7400  4x4 chassis, it has a 230 igpm high pressure pump in addition to its standard 840 igpm pump.  It carries 1000 gals. of water and 25 of foam.  My next 2 postings will show the left side of the truck set up for fire fighting and the right side set up for rescue work.

Attached Files Image(s)

as mentioned, here is the left or fire fighting side.

Attached Files Image(s)

finally, the right side for rescue work.

Attached Files Image(s)

Chester, Nova Scotia  #531  2014 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Spartan MS  1250/800/50  s/n #M480

Attached Files Image(s)

jointly owned by Parkland County - Stony Plain, Alberta   Rescue #3  2014 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Spartan MS  16' box   s/n #M515

Attached Files Image(s)

Found this sitting a few blocks from my house. Lytton, B.C. 1973 Pierreville International CO 1710A with 625 IGPM pump and 500 IG water tank.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Went over to Vancouver Island last Sunday and found a couple of soon to be retired engines. Both looked in great shape and sounded even better. Only problem on the first engine was the arm strong steering which made turning the truck around in a tight parking area interesting for the firefighter who was kind enough to position the rig for photos. Langford, B.C. E-12 is a 1991 Superior Ford C8000 with a 1050 IGPM pump and a 1000 IG water tank.

In Esquimalt, B.C. this 1988 Anderson's Engineering Mack MR688P is due to be replaced by a Rosenbauer engine within the next year. E-11 has a 1050 IGPM pump and carries 500 imp. gallons of water.