Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles Fire Dept
[Image: 056_zpsthueee88.jpg]

Rescue 77.
I think the amount for the new station 15 is 4.8 million  not 48

Quote:not really surprised,  pierce is working their way back into the so-cal market by lowering their prices and competing with kme and other builders. take a look at orange county, all but ocfa and 1 city dept have now gone to pierce. seagrave continues to price themselves out of the market and lose customers
Did LAFD bid out the trucks or just hope on a contract like they did for the pumpers?
Bid them out.

Quote:Bid them out.
Thanks I was just wondering with the comments about Seagrave I know that the Pierce dealer in my area has been brought back into reality with their pricing since they lost a lot of business from many by bidding out or buying another brand 
[Image: 270_zpsd698916c.jpg]

Dozer 12.
I bet that could be a cool retirement job.
[Image: 145_zpsbfc8dc67.jpg]

Rescue 88.
Quote:[Image: 145_zpsbfc8dc67.jpg]

Rescue 88.
Anyone know how well these Dodges are working out for them??
Quote:Anyone know how well these Dodges are working out for them??
Talked to a medic at Fire Station 77 and they love them very durable rigs very reliable, They can raise and lower the rear the box.
Quote:Talked to a medic at Fire Station 77 and they love them very durable rigs very reliable, They can raise and lower the rear the box.
Thanks. I have been doing some research on this cab/chassis vs. Fords because of problems with the fuel systems on the Fords
San Antonio,TX FD-EMS switched to the Dodge 3500 chassis (with Cummins diesel) a couple years ago and from what I hear have been really pleased.  In fact, they switched to the Dodge 4500 chassis (with Cummins diesel) with the latest batch of 15 just recently delivered.  They had run Ford F350s for many years but with all the problems with the 6.0 diesel and 6.4 diesel, they tried several Dodge 3500s with the Cummins diesel and several Chevy 3500 chassis with gasoline engines.  The year following that, the bid specified ALL Dodge 3500s with Cummins diesels and have been that way since.  There are probably 50+ total EMS units within SAFD (counting front line, peak time & spares) and when the next batch of Dodge 4500-Frazers arrive end of this year almost all the Fords will be gone.  They also switched from Wheeled Coach to Frazer bodies around 2008 & have been buying them since.  (Sorry I don't know how to resize my pics to include any here)

Quote:(Sorry I don't know how to resize my pics to include any here)
Here you go:

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
[Image: 104_zps04eff2ac.jpg]

Battalion 12.
For the 2014-15 Fiscal year the LAFD is seeking $20.3 million in MICLA funds to replace Eight Engine Co's 5 Ladder Trucks, Six emergency command vehicles, 23 Ambulances, 1 Brush Patrol, 10 Emergency sedans, 2 Utility Service trucks, 5 Crew cab pick up trucks, 8 Misc Specialized Vehicles

The LAFD also wants to appoint a civilian Director of fleet Services to over see the Shops and return the Assistant Chief currently in charge back to the field.
[Image: 031_zps4f784f1d.jpg]

Rescue 209.
A bit of some old school LAFD rigs.

Engine 419
1972 Ford/ALF 1000/500.

The 400 series engines were and are reserve rigs.
Unknown as to who this was assigned while in first line service.

No scanner at the moment, these are pics of pics of mine. Pardon the shine from the flash. Others will follow in the next few days. Stay Tuned.

Attached Files Image(s)

1905 Gorter Water Tower 1

Motorized in 1921. Shot in 1982 at a muster in nearby Glendale Ca.  Currently in the LAFD Museum.

Attached Files Image(s)

I am looking for pictures of LAFD Truck 4. The American LaFrance Tiller. 

Last I was told it was headed to Truck 4. 

I built the Ladder Section for that tiller when I worked for American LaFrance and got to add some pieces of equipment and that Tiller became personally attached to me. 

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Not the best shot, but the only one I have.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)