Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pacific Northwest

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

17  Last for tonight

Quote:4

The diamond plate boxes on top...the left one contains small hand tools, on the right are shovels, rakes and brooms.

I noticed that the aerial ladder doesn't slope down toward the tiller cage like most Pierce TDA's.  I wonder, since it sits so high, if it actually improves visibility for the tillerman.  It looks like he would actually look under the tip of the ladder to see while driving. 

Any thoughts, is that the reason?

Thanks Johnny
Here's a shot of Ladder 4's trailer. I was told that the visability is worse now.  The ladder was made level because the left most diamond stud box had to be moved toward the rear since it couldn't be centered over the new cabinet where it once was.  The removable ladder tip was shortened by thirteen inches bringing the bulk of the tip closer to the tillerman.  They did manager to keep the over all length of the truck below sixty feet by just one inch and improve the appearance too.

Bellevue Fire's Medical Supply Unit has been redesignated as MCI-1

Bellevue Fire Department, WA

Station 2

2006 HI 4400

Body work by Braun NW

Bob Lukas Photo

Seattle Fire's former Rescue 1, still in the process of  being reassigned as
UNIT

99, sits in front of station 5, while the crew members of Engine 36 continue with driver training.

2006 Pierce

Bob Lukas Photo

Quote:Seattle Fire's former Rescue 1, still in the process of  being reassigned as
UNIT

99, sits in front of station 5, while the crew members of Engine 36 continue with driver training.

2006 Pierce

Bob Lukas Photo

Does that mean there's no spare Rescue?
Quote:21
Anyone know who made these tool mounts??
Quote: 

Does that mean there's no spare Rescue?

The current spare rescue is designated Rescue 80 and is seen here parked behind quarters at station 14.  The 2006 Pierce rescue may only be assigned as
UNIT

99, cross staffed with Engine 36, temporarily pending a decision on whether to purchase a new rig or not.  If the purchase goes through then the 2006 Pierce rescue will become the new Rescue 80.

1995 Ford CF8000/ Mobile Tech

Bob Lukas Photo

What was Unit 99 before? What does Unit 99 do?

[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Quote:Anyone know who made these tool mounts??
Pretty sure these folks:

Plastix Plus out of Texas

http://www.pptexas.com/index.php?option=...Itemid=182
Quote:Pretty sure these folks:

Plastix Plus out of Texas

http://www.pptexas.com/index.php?option=...Itemid=182
Thanks a ton!!
Quote:Thanks a ton!!

Those guys have done some mounts for a couple of rigs down in this area.  REALLY nice work.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote: 

Those guys have done some mounts for a couple of rigs down in this area.  REALLY nice work.
Cool. Zico, PAC, or custom fabbed mounts just don't do it some times
Quote:What was Unit 99 before? What does Unit 99 do?
The Marine Response Team
originated in 1983 after a joint venture between the between the
SFD and the United States Maritime Administration ended.  UNIT 99 responds with their dive team as a support unit to maritime related incidents such as, hazardous material spills, ship fires, confined space rescues, and flooding conditions.

Other
SFD "UNIT" types include:

UNIT

HAZ-MAT

UNIT

HAZ-MAT Decon

Sorry but I wasn't able to locate the "Charlie Brown" quote on this thread so I'm not too sure what the relevance was.