Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous
First Fairfax County Ladder Truck purchased (now used for ceremonies)

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1328895044' post='474157']

They got new birds? I'm on it.

[/quote]

Sr, called the PD Helo guys and the new bird is currently in Dallas, TX right now. Should be here in 2 weeks.
[quote name='drfeelgood' timestamp='1328842994' post='474129']

Scrapped out by AES

[/quote]

Did any other single axle rear mounts meet the same fate ?
[quote name='rpfleer' timestamp='1328914234' post='474186']

Did any other single axle rear mounts meet the same fate ?

[/quote]

Unknown. I know that 11 and 25's were sold to Deep South and I was told that was their plan to do to them but 25's was on the website for sale for a long time. 21/30's was the one in the best mechanical shape and Singer used it as a loner for a few years. Dale City owned it on paper so it could be a loaner since there is no such thing as a rental fire truck in Va. She was a good truck while in Dale City and with some money put into her it could have lasted a few years for someone as a reserve. We didnt buy because of no water way. Sad end to a good rig. I know AES had 2-3 of ex FXCO tandem 110's (I know one was 22's and I think the other was 8's) but I haven't been out there in a while to see if they are still there.
Just for you Dr Feelgood!

Attached Files Image(s)

One of my personal favorite county rear-mounts. I believe it's last frontline assignment was Truck 424

Attached Files Image(s)

Quantico reserve running as Engine (5)33

Attached Files Image(s)

OWL VFD "Collapse 502"

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 14 in Quarters. I gotta say, taking into account the age of 14's twin Quantums' they appear to have been VERY well kept appearance-wise.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dunn Loring VFD's (Fairfax County) American Lafrance. Pardon my ignorance, but is this now their Bravo rig? Many thanks for any info.

Attached Files Image(s)

EMS 407

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1328995221' post='474280']

Just for you Dr Feelgood!

[/quote]

Thats it what a sad end to this rig
[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1328995395' post='474281']

One of my personal favorite county rear-mounts. I believe it's last frontline assignment was Truck 424

[/quote]

This rig ended up in Canada
[quote name='drfeelgood' timestamp='1329003498' post='474301']

This rig ended up in Canada

[/quote]Any idea where in Canada?
Trey White
[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1328995935' post='474285']

Dunn Loring VFD's (Fairfax County) American Lafrance. Pardon my ignorance, but is this now their Bravo rig? Many thanks for any info.

[/quote]

Yes E413B its on my list of things to shoot this year.
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
[quote name='drfeelgood' timestamp='1328982131' post='474261']

Unknown. I know that 11 and 25's were sold to Deep South and I was told that was their plan to do to them but 25's was on the website for sale for a long time. 21/30's was the one in the best mechanical shape and Singer used it as a loner for a few years. Dale City owned it on paper so it could be a loaner since there is no such thing as a rental fire truck in Va. She was a good truck while in Dale City and with some money put into her it could have lasted a few years for someone as a reserve. We didnt buy because of no water way. Sad end to a good rig. I know AES had 2-3 of ex FXCO tandem 110's (I know one was 22's and I think the other was 8's) but I haven't been out there in a while to see if they are still there.

[/quote]

Thank you for the information.

The single axle 110's were not bad trucks considering they were the first RM's the county bought since Twr-28. The tandem axle 110's were much nicer with the addidition of the second rear axle and better ventilation in the buckets with those 'monster" size roof fans. We really did not mind the lack of a water way. The Hurricane chassis rigs were all well spec'd and well built units.

Paul
Gentleman - I need some help, and any such help would be greatly appreciated. I have a Flickr account for my pics but cannot the life of me get larger images to post. I am aware Firepics has a limited attachment size (which is why mine are so small) so I have tried regular linking to larger pics among others to the point that smoke is coming out my ears? As I said, any help is greatly appreciated.

Nate
[quote name='treywhite' timestamp='1329003642' post='474302']

Any idea where in Canada?

[/quote]

No clue
Yep, became so the day before Thanksgiving 2009 when the PUC went in service. Just got her back after almost 2 months in the shop for an ALF specific pump part that Apparatus had a problem getting. She'll actually be E422B tomorrow, I'm assuming their rig is itself in the shop.

Anyone looking to shoot her or any of the other rigs at 13 shoot me a PM, if the schedule works out I'd be happy to meet you and move stuff around.

Here is a picture of both of our current rigs together.

[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1328995935' post='474285']

[/quote]
[quote name='Chief413' timestamp='1329012764' post='474343']

Yep, became so the day before Thanksgiving 2009 when the PUC went in service. Just got her back after almost 2 months in the shop for an ALF specific pump part that Apparatus had a problem getting. She'll actually be E422B tomorrow, I'm assuming their rig is itself in the shop.

Anyone looking to shoot her or any of the other rigs at 13 shoot me a PM, if the schedule works out I'd be happy to meet you and move stuff around.

Here is a picture of both of our current rigs together.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=87121]

[/quote]

Chief - Thanks for going to the Roto-Ray and losing that awkward box thing up front. No disrespect, Sir.