Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
Ex-FDNY Fleet Services

Ex-FDNY Reserve Engine 523

Ex-FDNY Reserve Engine 524

Quote:Yep that's it. Last Hahn purchased by Dale City. Green stripe and additional graphics put on in 82-83. I was told that this was the last Hahn/LTI tower to be built but never had that confirmed. 
That would be incorrect.  In 1984, a Hahn/LTI 100' tower went to Hawthorne, NJ.  Paramus, NJ got another one in 1985.  The final Hahn/LTI tower went to Far Hills - Bedminster, NJ in 1989.
Quote:Ex-FDNY Tower Ladder 170

It's just sad seeing these 95 footers going to scrap.
I heard that the tower ladder has a cracked frame, as did ex-Ladder 14. Wonder if Seagrave got bad steel, or has a design flaw.
Quote:That would be incorrect.  In 1984, a Hahn/LTI 100' tower went to Hawthorne, NJ.  Paramus, NJ got another one in 1985.  The final Hahn/LTI tower went to Far Hills - Bedminster, NJ in 1989.
Thanks
Quote:A few weeks ago Andrew and I went down to Cheraw,SC for the annual Rekindle Society (NC/SC SPAAMFAA chapter) spring muster. The weather was not the greatest but we still had fun talking shop with fellow members and shooting the rigs that showed up despite the rain. First up was a rig we found at the parade lineup spot but whoever owns this rig now did not take part in the festivities.

Roebuck,SC

Former Engine 1

1970 Dodge A700/Bean

750/500

#63-70
My God, I am in love with this thing.... Those old Dodge D-700's where so cool and unique!
Saw this Ford Boardman in Globe AZ

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This old Seagrave is in Superior AZ

Found these two sitting behind Seagrave Carolina in Rock Hill, SC. Anyone have any more info on these?

Left - x Seagrave 100' RM St Andrews FD, SC

Right - Hendrickson / E\-One lettered for Fairfield County Fire Services. x Bethel FD, SC; x Reedy Creek FD, FL

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Found these two sitting behind Seagrave Carolina in Rock Hill, SC. Anyone have any more info on these?

Left - x Seagrave 100' RM St Andrews FD, SC

Right - Hendrickson / E-One lettered for Fairfield County Fire Services. x Bethel FD, SC; x Reedy Creek FD, FL
1982 Hendrickson 1871W/E-One 0/0/103' Simon Snorkel.  Reedy Creek is the District that contains Disney World.
Great find!!!

TL-170 was not a 95 ft.

Stay safe, Brothers.

Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
A quick Google Maps search shows the St. Andrews Seagrave alone, facing the other way, neat!

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
These two classics are sitting in Elizabeth, NJ
1918 Mack & a 1909 American LaFrance City Service truck. Check out the wooden rims on the Lafrance. Sadly I think they are going to be scraped.

Anyone have records of Mack & LaFrance apparatus, I have some numbers off them.

Eport,

Do you have any contact info on the 2 trucks in the lot I know a guy who is trying to get it because he wants to try to save the alf
To get the complete delivery list of all American LaFrance rigs, up to & including model 700's go to this site.

www.spaamfaa.org/alfresources2.html

(type in any city and state if the search database.  The entire listing will be forthcoming...it's a big download)

Quote:These two classics are sitting in Elizabeth, NJ
1918 Mack & a 1909 American LaFrance City Service truck. Check out the wooden rims on the Lafrance. Sadly I think they are going to be scraped.

Anyone have records of Mack & LaFrance apparatus, I have some numbers off them.
I was wondering if the Mack is x Baltimore City?
Quote:Eport,

Do you have any contact info on the 2 trucks in the lot I know a guy who is trying to get it because he wants to try to save the alf
I received an update on these rigs yesterday from a guy who I think is on these forums, the rigs are being shipped overseas to be rehabbed and saved! 
Quote:To get the complete delivery list of all American LaFrance rigs, up to & including model 700's go to this site.

www.spaamfaa.org/alfresources2.html

(type in any city and state if the search database.  The entire listing will be forthcoming...it's a big download)
Is there a listing for newer rigs? I know my department, (OWL VFD) had some AF's in probably late 50's early 60's. Pics and info seem hard to find. Would love to find out more about them.