Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omaha, NE - Working Fire - April 26, 2014
This rig has a pretty decent compliment of ground ladders.

From L-R:

1 - 40' three-section

1 - 28' two section

2 - 18' roof

2 - 16' roof

2 - 14' roof

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 5 was running with a reserve HME/Central.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another...

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 22's Spartan/Crimson. I think this is a 1500/750. The newer Spartan/Toyne engines have 2000 gpm pumps.

Attached Files Image(s)

Medic 21's rig. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 23's HME/Toyne.

Attached Files Image(s)

Rescue 30 is the department's air rig. It is staffed with two persons. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 41's Spartan/Toyne.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another shot of E41. I think this has a 750 gallon tank.

Attached Files Image(s)

That's all...

I apologize for the small photos. I purchased a new SLR and am having trouble downsampling the files. 

Omaha is not a department that has been showcased on FirePics. Having just moved to the area, I don't know a whole lot about the department. I do know that they run from 24 stations.

24 engines

8 trucks (no trucks are equipped with pumps or water)

1 heavy rescue

1 air truck

1 water tender

15 medic units 

7 battalion chiefs

There are a bunch of brush trucks cross-staffed by the engines that they are housed with. 

Engines, trucks and the rescue are staffed with 4. The air truck, water tender and medics are staffed with two. 

Several engines on the west end of Omaha are equipped with 1000-gallon tanks, portable tanks and Newton dumps. I believe that E71, E77, E78, E63 and E56 have rigs with these features. There may be more.

Good stuff! Thanks for posting these nice pics. Definitely an area of the U.S. that I'd like to see more pics from. Great job.

Great stuff!

Greg Muhr

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/'>http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/</a>
Nice shots, I lived on Jackson ave and 13th st, then in Bellevue for a short time. Never realy chased due to the 800 band system. Its good to see some covering the city.

Very interesting.  I once sold Toyne and I always like seeing where some of the rigs ended up and were laid out.
Nice shots. Aide in shorts... at least the weather broke somewhere.
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Quote:That's all...

I apologize for the small photos. I purchased a new SLR and am having trouble downsampling the files. 

Omaha is not a department that has been showcased on FirePics. Having just moved to the area, I don't know a whole lot about the department. I do know that they run from 24 stations.

24 engines

8 trucks (no trucks are equipped with pumps or water)

1 heavy rescue

1 air truck

1 water tender

15 medic units 

7 battalion chiefs

There are a bunch of brush trucks cross-staffed by the engines that they are housed with. 

Engines, trucks and the rescue are staffed with 4. The air truck, water tender and medics are staffed with two. 

Several engines on the west end of Omaha are equipped with 1000-gallon tanks, portable tanks and Newton dumps. I believe that E71, E77, E78, E63 and E56 have rigs with these features. There may be more.

Excellent thanks for posting. OFD firemen have always been top shelf when I have visited. I was wondering if OFD is making the switch to black gear? I know ten or so years ago they were trying black gear and traditional fire helmets. I knew they had started switching to traditional fire helmets. At one time may be currently OFD would not supply the helmet fronts so you had a mix of personal fronts and traditional helmets with the brass finial removed. Gave them kind of an old Indianapolis helmet derby style look.  OFD took over fire protection for Elkhorn five or so years ago. That resulted in some rural water supply issues. Elkhorn had nice white twin Pierce Quantum's and a Spartan Smeal 105ft Quint. I have always been happy OFD has maintained the Dry Trucks and Traditional straight Engines. It is refreshing to see a fire department stay on course and not be effected by the latests fads and gimmicks. Thanks again Stay Safe, Rick 
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Quote:Excellent thanks for posting. OFD firemen have always been top shelf when I have visited. I was wondering if OFD is making the switch to black gear? I know ten or so years ago they were trying black gear and traditional fire helmets. I knew they had started switching to traditional fire helmets. At one time may be currently OFD would not supply the helmet fronts so you had a mix of personal fronts and traditional helmets with the brass finial removed. Gave them kind of an old Indianapolis helmet derby style look.  OFD took over fire protection for Elkhorn five or so years ago. That resulted in some rural water supply issues. Elkhorn had nice white twin Pierce Quantum's and a Spartan Smeal 105ft Quint. I have always been happy OFD has maintained the Dry Trucks and Traditional straight Engines. It is refreshing to see a fire department stay on course and not be effected by the latests fads and gimmicks. Thanks again Stay Safe, Rick

I can't answer about the black gear. I've only seen one member wearing black. I don't believe that the City supplies helmet fronts for the traditional helmets. I've seen a number of members wearing traditional helmets without the fronts or finials. Elkhorn's twin 1997 Quantums were still around as spares late last year. The still have Elkhorn's pumper/tender (Smeal?) running as Water Tender 71 (unmanned). The staffed water tender runs out of Station 77.
Quote:It was hard to get a shot of Rescue 33's new Rosenbauer Commander. I believe it was delivered late last year. 
Awesome shot of Rescue 33.  Did you happen to get any other photos of the Rescue rig?  I checked Rosenbauer's site and FB page but found no info about this new delivery.  Nice rig.

Also do you have a larger version of the Rescue 33 shot?

Quote: 

I have always been happy OFD has maintained the Dry Trucks and Traditional straight Engines. It is refreshing to see a fire department stay on course and not be effected by the latests fads and gimmicks.

I think I get the point you're trying to make, but I disagree with the insinuation (although maybe unintentional) that departments that aren't running this way have all fallen victim to "fads and gimmicks".