• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYPD
old prisoner transport ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

sergants benevolant assosiation

esu lighting plant

[quote name='anesti' post='47245' date='Oct 28 2006, 18:05 ']a couple of old nypd units i saw outside the nypd museum first up is a old chevy from the 70's i would guess ny housing authority[/quote]

I would say that was a 1985 or 86 Dodge as I had one that was a NYS trooper car. The car that was before the Dipolmat was the Grand Fury that was in "The Blues Brothers" that was a 1970's model. And great pic's it was nice when you could look at the car and tell if it was Transit or housing now thay all look the same.

Chris
im not sure and im mad that i forgot my camera but there is a new toy at esu 4 up in riverdale it looks like the new breathing support truck im not sure if it is going to stay there hopeful i can get a pic of it either tommorow or thursday.can anyone confirm if it is this truck.
Nice shots everyone!!!!

[quote name='anesti' post='27033' date='Aug 27 2006, 08:59 ']another dcu[/quote]

Whats this unit for??
[quote name='NSW Emergency Pics' post='54734' date='Nov 29 2006, 00:53 ']Nice shots everyone!!!!

Whats this unit for??[/quote]

Demonstration Control Unit used for protest and stuuf like that if the crowd gets rowdy i think it has loud speakers to distract people.
Thanks.
here we go i got 4 diffrent views the nypd air truck #1

#2 im not sure if its staying at esu 4 because it was just marked for ess front

she is a beauty the back kinda beign blocked by the lighting plant

Nice shots. The new air truck is pretty good looking.
Whats this for? Shouldent FDNY have it??
nypd rep veichles and i im not sure but i think the trucks carry scuba gear and scba packs for water rescues so if a long operation arises that they need air this responds it also carry's extra canisters kinda like the fdny mask service units.
There was one out at ESS 5 on SI called the BAT Breathing Air Truck. They filled SCBAs, SCUBA tanks and O2 units. All are on every ESU TRUCK and "adam and boy cars" in the city. I Also think now they carry Rebreathers for Terrorist response.

The FDNY just put 2 Rebreather Units in service. They carry they packs and "issue" them out on scene. This way the units do not take up more room in the rigs day to day. The Idea is the SCBA will cover them initially and then the longer duration units will be on scene shortly...
What are "adam and boy cars" ???
[quote name='NSW Emergency Pics' post='55663' date='Dec 2 2006, 22:43 ']What are "adam and boy cars" ???[/quote]

The smaller ESU trucks that are assigned to the larger truck. I'm pretty sure the smaller trucks are called REP's, Radio Emergency Patrols. On the radio, the large truck would be "Truck 4" and the smaller trucks would be "Adam 4" and "Boy 4". There are a bunch of pics of them earlier in this thread.

[url="http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/index.php?s=&showtopic=120&view=findpost&p=33152"]http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/index....ost&p=33152[/url]

Scott
Hi

Scott is correct. Each of the 10 Trucks has 4 reps on patrol duty they are ADAM, BOY, CHARLIE, DAVID

They are staffed by two ESU officers and they answer radio calls in their divisions. The larger truck stays in quarters and responds when needed. It is staffed by a shift sgt and 1 officer.
[quote name='cpage' post='47374' date='Oct 29 2006, 08:23 ']I would say that was a 1985 or 86 Dodge as I had one that was a NYS trooper car. The car that was before the Dipolmat was the Grand Fury that was in "The Blues Brothers" that was a 1970's model. And great pic's it was nice when you could look at the car and tell if it was Transit or housing now thay all look the same.

Chris[/quote]

It's a Plymouth Gran Fury, Dodge Diplomats didn't have chrome grills...

Also for the detail oriented among us --

The "M body" Diplomat and Gran (not Grand) Fury were assembled up in Wisconsin from 1982-1989. The Diplomat actually ran from 1981-1989, in 1981 the Gran Fury was still on the older "R Body" platform (1979-1981), so the M Body twin in 1981 was the Chrysler Lebaron (one and only year the Lebaron was ever police packaged)...

Going backwards the "R Body" years of 1979-1981 saw Plymouth making the Gran Fury, and Dodge the St. Regis, horrifically big cars (nearly 4,000lbs) powered by horrifically small motors (318s) thanks to Ralph Nader & insurance killing all the Hi-Po motors, the EPA's new smog regulations & the gas crisis.

From there you go back into the "Blues Brothers" era of cars. There were two sizes of cars.

The smaller car (think TJ Hooker, Hill Street Blues) was the Dodge Coronet & Plymouth Fury

The bigger car (think CHiPs, Blues Brothers) was the Dodge Monaco/Royal Monaco & Plymouth Gran Fury.

The Blues Brothers drove a 1974 Dodge Monaco (ex-Mount Prospect PD), while the main police characters in the movie (ILSP & Chicago) had 1977 Dodge Royal Monacos. The Royal Monaco was a trim level, that included those headlight doors and extra chrome. Chicago, ILSP actually used those trim level cars at the time as did NJSP.
-- James

Webmaster

[url="http://www.policecararchives.org"]National Police Car Archives[/url]