Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Used Car Dealer Fire 4-16-2014
About 23:58 hours on 4-16-2014 Fort Wayne Allen County 911 Got several 911 calls from passing motorist reporting a structure fire in a used car dealership in Huntertown Indiana. Communications dispatched Huntertown Fire depattment, Washington Township Fire Department (Ladder Task Force Response), Northeast Fire (RIT response) to Tim Hake Automotive located 2220 Lima Plank Street in Hunterttown, Indiana.  

Units from huntertown fire arrived very fast and made an aggressive interior attack and knocked the main body of fire down in the office area. Smoke pushed from the building for about a half hour as units knocked down hidden pockets of fire.

Units on scene

Huntertown / Perry Twp. Fire Rescue

Engine 92

Engine 91

Rescue 98

Tanker 93

Emergency 95

Washington Twp. Fire Dept. (Ladder Task Force Response)

Ladder 67

Rescue 68

Northeast Fire (Rit Response)

Engine 171

First photo is as I walked up

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Entry crew went in to office area through front door.

Taking out the overhead doors.

Smoke and steam Pushing as crews open up.

Incident commander

ladder 67 too the roof

another

Last the plug

Attached Files Image(s)

Great pictures.

Dave
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Having not looked at your narrative, nor who posted it, and going straight to the photos, I thought "that looks a lot like Washington Twp.'s Ladder" well, I guess I was right anyhow Smile. I had heard they were putting that up for sale, possibly to replace it, do you know anything about that?

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Travis I have not heard that and I know almost everyone on the dept. I think they are about the last department that needs a ladder truck. They have very little use for it and it almost only makes mutual aid runs. Several years ago they talked about selling it and getting a pumper tanker.

I have heard Saint Joseph Twp. was selling the tower ladder and buying a New 75' Quint. although cant confirm. Also I heard Aboite Twp. was maybe thinking the same. 

Fort wayne is as ive heard looking at 2 engines and 1 truck. Although I think they need more than 2 engines. 

Quote:Last the plug

That could have been better planned out, face the hydrant another way or move that damn box!
Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Township Fire Dept., Inc.
Eau Claire, WI
Yes I agree or they could have run the hose better. I for the life of me cant figure out why the box is there. The hydrant is in the middle of the yard. 

Quote: 

That could have been better planned out, face the hydrant another way or move that damn box!
Quote:Incident commander

Nice uniform.
Quote: 

Nice uniform.
Thats what happens when you are volunteer and get woke up out of bed. The first in engine had the paid staff on board and all of the following companies were all volunteer.

Yeah I've heard the same for FWFD Jason, I hope that they can turn around and make it another group of Sutphens, but that remains to be seen., and if the ladder is going to 15, unless it makes no difference rather it's a rear or mid mount, Sutphen doesn't make rear mounts, so they'll be out on the bid. I believe 6 is the next Engine up for replacement, not sure of the other one, 11 or 2 I assume.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.