Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
Collapse Rescue 5 at same box

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Engine 228 with snow falling. I think this was the heaviest the snow has fallen all year.

R-1 has there new Ferrara and it's in-service. All 5 are now in-service.
How are the guys liking the new FFA's, are they holding up well?
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
[quote name='anesti' timestamp='1331076148' post='476806']

Collapse Rescue 5 at same box

[/quote]

Is this the only Spartan? I did not realize they had anything with a Spartan cab? Was this purchased or donated?
[quote name='fyrfoto' timestamp='1331308331' post='477018']

Is this the only Spartan? I did not realize they had anything with a Spartan cab? Was this purchased or donated?

[/quote]collapse rescue 3 has one identical to it.
The Ferrara collapse rescues were phurchased on the Spartan chassis. Was befor Ferrara started building the HD Chassis that the Ladders and Rescue Squads use. Ferrara has just been awarded thirteen additional 100’ rear mount aerial ladders by FDNY brings it to 54.
[quote name='Wing1223' timestamp='1331312150' post='477020']

The Ferrara collapse rescues were phurchased on the Spartan chassis. Was befor Ferrara started building the HD Chassis that the Ladders and Rescue Squads use. Ferrara has just been awarded thirteen additional 100’ rear mount aerial ladders by FDNY brings it to 54.

[/quote]

[url="http://evehiclenews.com/ferrara-awarded-additional-13-million-fdny-aerial-contract/"]http://evehiclenews.com/ferrara-awarded-additional-13-million-fdny-aerial-contract/[/url]
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Also don't forget the Spartan/Luverne and the Spartan tower ladder. Though not a frontline engine, it is still in the FDNY fleet!

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Haven't seen TL-53's Spartan in a long while.
got out last week and this week in NYC. NYC is the toughest place on earth to shoot rigs. bar none...

first up L41

next house wouldnt do anything for us, so it was back south. this house was extremely accomodating. they were blessing the rig in 10 minutes, but the members insisted on not having us wait around until after the ceremony. great house!

next it was into Manhattan. sun wasnt the way we usually shoot there, but we did ok with it.

this was very tight, shot it thru their fence to get back far enough. came out good though

yesterday we did Manhattan. I hate Manhattan. it is overpopulated and there is absolutely nowhere to do anything without major planning and recon. I spent lots of time on google Earth looking for a place to do the next house. we used to do the 9th Battalion units in one spot. it was the only spot to go . Then Trump built his west side city. then we shot them on one of the side streets there never a soul around. then they changed it from a no parking both sides to parking both sides. then we did them on another side street there, google earth made it look good. nope, they changed it to a one way the wrong way parking both sides. had to scrounge to find one spot. I fully expect a building to be built there very soon to block the sun from hitting the street.

Anyway, the guys were great at this house, and we got good shots of the rig.

We wanted to do L4, but they went to the Rock, so it was off to R1. they were going out training, but they accomodated us, going to the last parking lot in Manhattan not filled with vehicles...

a phone call later, and L24 came to us in the same lot. guys in this house are always great.

around lower Manhattan to the next house. Captain was working and the hospitality was great. last three times I have shot in Manhattan I have caught him working in a different house, this is his house.

L11 was getting the meal around the corner, so a quick word on the HT and they came over. their new rig is at the dealer, so they should have it in the next couple of months. I wanted it because they changed the sign, looks good.

today was Brooklyn. started in Sheepshead Bay.