Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS Paint Anyone! Fire Apparatus Part III
Here is the first scheme worn by DFD Rescue 1 after the 1990/1991 SVI rehab... During the rehab they changed out most warning lights to Whelen strobes, changed the windows on the side of the body, added windows at the front, changed to large overhead vents in the body and changed out the scene lights on the sides of the body. Plus they changed the Denver Fire Dept gold arched lettering on the doors to the short-lived (hideous) Department logo (now long gone).

Again, credit to those in the previous posting for the Mack R cab and rescue body
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Post SVI rehab #2

This is pretty much the final scheme that this rig wore. It was frontline from 1983-1992, then reserve from 1992 to about 2005. It was just surplussed in the last couple of years. Sad, I would have liked to buy it, but it was pretty worn out after 25 years on the DFD. I'm working on both it's predecessor (1973 Mack CF/Gerstenslager) and it's successor (1992 Seagrave/SVI). I'll post them when they're done. Comments welcome!
John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Here's the predecessor to the Mack R/SVI above. This is Denver's first "heavy" rescue. 1973 Mack CF/Gerstenslager, shown as it was when new. From 1973 to 1975 it ran out of Station 8 east of downtown Denver. In 1975 it moved into the new Station 1 at Colfax and Speer Blvd as Rescue 1. This rig was replaced as a first line rig in 1983, then as a reserve until the early 90's. I don't know what happened to it after that.

Comments are welcome.

Credit to KDWMAEMT for the CF cab (took it off a tiller), the Gerstenslager body is all mine.
John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

KDWMAEMT, that KME looks nice, I dig it, once i finish the ladder i started, ill post it up. Image 7801, that's pretty good work for a first time. I've actually been looking at doing a few Denver rigs myself, I think that's the first DFD rig I've seen on the board, I'd like to see more, keep up the good work...
Thanks Mayer22. It took a lot of time and its still not done. Im looking forward to seeing yours so I can compare and use some components off it to finish mine.

Threw together this 2012 KME Predator 100' Aerialcat Quint using the straight stick version I posted as the base. Credit to RIEMT, Fyreline, Mayer22.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
By the late 80's the old 'CF was looking pretty tired. Colorado is dry and things don't rust like other places, but still, time takes it's toll.

The rig had had several changes, including an external air intake through the roof, Opticom emitter, and badly faded paint...

This is my attempt to recreate as it was at the end of it's DFD career.

Credits as on the earlier posting
John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Wasn't the Mack R once labelled as Rescue No. 1, and often the butt of jokes that read Rescue NO ONE? Heard that from an Ex-Denver Firefighter, but wasn't real sure about it...

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
[quote name='Juice' timestamp='1330721706' post='476425']

Wasn't the Mack R once labelled as Rescue No. 1, and often the butt of jokes that read Rescue NO ONE? Heard that from an Ex-Denver Firefighter, but wasn't real sure about it...

Trav!

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I had heard that story, too, but I think it was referring to the 1992 Seagrave/SVI. It wore a couple of similar, but different lettering schemes during it's career, including a short-lived "RESCUE CO. 11" right after it moved to 11's a few years ago. That one didn't last long. I'll dig through my DFD pics and see if I have it with other lettering.
John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Thank you!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Here is the third generation of heavy rescue in Denver.

1992 Seagrave/SVI

I couldn't find a Seagrave split tilt cab of that vintage, so I created one using KDWMAEMT's Commander II cab as a template. The rescue body is mine.

I don't have a photo of this rig in it's original white with red stripes so I had to create it from memory and using Denver's Seagrave pumpers of the same vintage as a reference. I'm pretty sure it's close, but if someone has a photo of this rig in white/red, please let me know.

In reference to the question about DFD's rescue being lettered "Rescue No. 1" (play on No-One) that Juice asked about above, I've also included that lettering. Again, if anyone has an actual photo, I'd love to see it.

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

This one should have gone back a ways in this thread.

I'm not certain of the first use of this rig, but it could have been a heavy rescue at first; I'm not certain.

However, I do know that it served as Denver's first hazmat rig (until 1987 or so), then as the water rescue unit from 1987 until the mid-2000's.

I'm not sure of the exact year, but 1971 comes to mind, so I'll go with that, barring additional information.

Denver Water Rescue 1 - 1971 Ford C/Gerstenslager.

Credit to the original drawer for the Ford C cab. The bodywork is mine.

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

So I've been crazy busy the last few weeks which has been keeping me from doing much drawings, and with some recent, very early wildland fires, It inspired me to finish up a few drawings I had started several months ago. So here is a small army of CAL FIRE apparatus I have. Starting with some of the newer stuff, here is a Model 34 international/Placer. I did some extensive work on the front view of the chassis.Credits To KDWMAEMT, RIEMT, Fyreline, ParamedicIL, JFong, Engine5161, Firemark, Leadfirerescue, FFEMTwakeman,ladder13, EMTChris67 and sclpdexplorer. If I have forgotten anybody, I apologize, please let me know and I will make corrections

Here is another, a Model 14 International. I did the front view on my own, feel free to use it as you wish. Credits To KDWMAEMT, RIEMT, Fyreline, ParamedicIL, JFong, Engine5161, Firemark, Leadfirerescue, FFEMTwakeman,ladder13, EMTChris67 and sclpdexplorer. If I have forgotten anybody, I apologize, please let me know and I will make corrections

And here is another, a Model 19 0n an HME Chassis. Credits To KDWMAEMT, RIEMT, Fyreline, ParamedicIL, JFong, Engine5161, Firemark, Leadfirerescue, FFEMTwakeman,ladder13, EMTChris67 and sclpdexplorer. If I have forgotten anybody, I apologize, please let me know and I will make corrections.

And here are a few older model CAL FIRE Engines. First a Model 9 on a Cargostar chassis, Ford C Chassis were also common on these apparatus.Credits To KDWMAEMT, RIEMT, Fyreline, ParamedicIL, JFong, Engine5161, Firemark, Leadfirerescue, FFEMTwakeman,ladder13, EMTChris67 and sclpdexplorer. If I have forgotten anybody, I apologize, please let me know and I will make corrections

And finally a Model 1 on an international chassis. I completely re did one one of ladder13's chassis from the blanks section to complete this. I also had an awful time trying to find a good view of the pump panel on this one, so Its not completely accurate. Credits To KDWMAEMT, RIEMT, Fyreline, ParamedicIL, JFong, Engine5161, Firemark, Leadfirerescue, FFEMTwakeman,ladder13, EMTChris67 and sclpdexplorer. If I have forgotten anybody, I apologize, please let me know and I will make corrections

And last, an LA County fire crew buggy. Credits To KDWMAEMT, RIEMT, Fyreline, ParamedicIL, JFong, Engine5161, Firemark, Leadfirerescue, FFEMTwakeman,ladder13, EMTChris67 and sclpdexplorer. If I have forgotten anybody, I apologize, please let me know and I will make corrections

Dave, great work there and thanks for representing the West!
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
2012 KME Severe Service 100' TDA. Credit to RIEMT, Fyreline and Mayer22

<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
Londonderry NH