Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seattle new rigs
Good point!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:Here is a shot of the new rescue sitting in a shadow behind station 14. It's still not in service, at lease as of the beginning of this week.
Beautiful rig.  When the new rescue goes into service, will station 14 still be running a reserve rescue piece?  I recall rescue 80 was housed at station 14?
Quote:Beautiful rig.  When the new rescue goes into service, will station 14 still be running a reserve rescue piece?  I recall rescue 80 was housed at station 14?
Yes it is, and when it goes into service the question remains whether Rescue 80 will be assigned the 1995 Ford CF8000 rig or the soon to be replaced 2006 Pierce Rescue.  It will be housed at station 14 and we should find out within a few days.

Sorry if this was discussed but I don't see it, is the rescue going to be staffed now or is it going to remain cross staffed with a ladder? 

Quote:Sorry if this was discussed but I don't see it, is the rescue going to be staffed now or is it going to remain cross staffed with a ladder? 

I don’t know of any changes coming down, so yes they will continue to respond together.

Ladder 6 has been assigned a new 2013 Pierce TDA, the second in the series of larger tractors and shorter trailers.  This configuration change started because of the need for a larger exhaust system as discussed in an earlier post. 

Ladder 6 2013 Pierce Arrow XT SN#26693 SHOP# 32151

Bob Lukas Photo   

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

For comparison, here's Ladder 4 as delivered with the small tractor configuration

Ladder 4 2009 Pierce Arrow XT SN#21469-1

Bob Lukas Photo

Medic 16 and 18 recieved "new" 2011 Ford E450 chassis from Braun NW's nearly depleted stock.  Both units went into service in early October 2013,

and are equipped with International 230 HP diesel engines.

Medic 16 APP# 31666

Medic 18 APP# 32126

Modified extended North Star modular body by Braun NW

OK have to ask - Why no side module door? I know things are changing but....

Quote:OK have to ask - Why no side module door? I know things are changing but....
In SFD's case it's probably a matter of tradition, in general you don't see many small box units around here equipped with side doors.
Wow, that has to be a lot of body work looking at the roofline...

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Seattle FD new engine, new station.   

Just before the open house for the new station 20 began last Saturday, engine 20, a 2015 Pierce Arrow XT 26689-01, sits on the apron on another gloomy northwest day.

Bob Lukas Photo

Quote:Seattle FD new engine, new station.   

Just before the open house for the new station 20 began last Saturday, engine 20, a 2014 Pierce Arrow XT 26689-01, sits on the apron on another gloomy northwest day.

Bob Lukas Photo

Nice photo Bob - Seattle has some really sharp looking rigs...  I'm a sucker for all red (even with a few stripes).
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Quote: 

Nice photo Bob - Seattle has some really sharp looking rigs...  I'm a sucker for all red (even with a few stripes).

Thanks John.  Same here, and I'll miss the variety of frontline units SFD now has since the 2003 American LaFrance Metro's are scheduled to be replaced next.  Three more new Pierce engines are due to be delivered soon.

They're replacing 2003 rigs? My how times have changed. I remember 25-30 year old KW reserves that were still running around 15 years ago.
Quote:They're replacing 2003 rigs? My how times have changed. I remember 25-30 year old KW reserves that were still running around 15 years ago.
Yup.  Engine 20's 2003 American LaFrance will be heading to the training center, possibly replacing E 29's old rig, apparatus 5313
a 1991 E\-One Spartan

The new MCI-2 at Station 10, a 2014 MT-55 Freightliner Utilimaster, carries a 5000 watt Onan generator, extra portable radios, chargers, repeaters, and other miscellaneous supplies for mass-casualty incidents.

Bob Lukas Photo

A new 2015 Ford F-350 4X4 w/Leer canopy as been placed in service at Temporary Fire Station 5 located on Pier 90.  E4 is used to transport fire boat firefighters to and from Station 3 at Fisherman's Terminal.

Bob Lukas Photo

A new 2015 Pierce Arrow XT 1500X500X10 was officially placed in service last Thursday 6-11-15 as engine 13.  Their former rig a 2003 ALF is now in the reserve fleet and assigned as E85 at station 38.

Pierce 27660-02  

SFD

<span style="font-size:12pt;"> 32538
</span>

Bob Lukas Photo