Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
The tow vehicle for the fire safety house in Surrey is a conversion of a 1966 GMC pumper.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The fire department obtained several municipal gravel trucks that were surplus and had both HUB and ANDERSON convert them into tankers. Tanker 15 used a 1973 International chassis and had HUB rebuild it in 1981 into a 1500 gallon tanker with a 625 GPM pump.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Deputy202
In 1975 Surrey placed this Thibault built 1050/500 pumper in service. By the time I got around to photographing it, it was running as the hose/pump or 2nd out piece in the hall.

Hose/pump 10 was this 1976 International Hub built 1050/500 pumper.

In 1977 Hub supplied two 1050/500 pumpers to Surrey on Mack MB chassis.

One of the earlier rescue trucks that Surrey ran was this 1982 International S Anderson built truck.

Surrey's early brush rig or booster truck as it was dispatched was this 1974 shop equiped International 200 4x4 with a 95 GPM pump, 150 gallon water tank and little rescue boat on the roof!

E-2 of the Rural Municipality of Springfield, Manitoba 2012 Green Acres/Int'l 7400 1050/1000/30.

For those who found Post 1145 of interest, I was able to talk with the engineer from Green Acres yesterday. I asked him why this unit did not have a large dry chemical unit as have most of the oil patch rigs I have photographed over the years. Turns out that this unit is designed primarily as a shower/decontamination and vapour suppression unit with fire fighting a secondary purpose. The on-board water supply is used for the shower/decon activities. Any water for fire fighting is brought to the scene by water tankers.

Attached Files Image(s)

Bible Hill, Nova Scotia E211 2012 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Spartan Metro Star 1050/700/25 s/n M330

Attached Files Image(s)

New Westminster, British Columbia - 2012 Velocity PUC - Info to come.

one of the new generation of range trucks for the Canadian military:

CFB-Cold Lake, Alberta #3 2012 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/2011 Int'l 7400 4x4 132/1000/20

Note that the headlights have been moved to the bumper and a large fuel tank is visible on the driver's side.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Big Dave' timestamp='1333473045' post='479853']

CFB-Cold Lake, Alberta #3 2012 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/2011 Int'l 7400 4x4 132/1000/20

Note that the headlights have been moved to the bumper and a large fuel tank is visible on the driver's side.

[/quote]

Head lights are still were they normally are, I would hazard a guess at the one in the bumper are either driving or spot lights. Just my 2 cents.

Great shot
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
here is photo of CFB-Cold Lake's range truck that more clearly shows the headlight assembly in the front bumper. The traditional 3/4 view didn't really show this clearly. Sorry for any confusion created.

Attached Files Image(s)

Something you dont see very often. Thanks for clearing it up
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
[quote name='Big Dave' timestamp='1333473045' post='479853']

[/quote]

Nice pic Dave, do you know what other bases are slated to get these rigs? Have a nice Easter holiday!
thanks Joel and John.

To date, the range trucks have been built for and/or delivered to Canadian Forces Bases:

. in Alberta: Suffield, Wainwright and Cold Lake.

. in Saskatchewan: Dundurn

. in Manitoba; Shilo

. in Ontario: Petawawa

. in New Brunswick: Gagetown

None, either completed or currently on the floor at Fort Garry Fire Trucks are for any other bases to the best of my information.
I managed to scan a few more old out of service apparatus from Surrey. Hose pump12 (2nd engine out of the hall), was a 1979 Hub Mack MC 1050/ 500 engine.

Another Hose pump when photographed was HP 4 a 1986 Anderson built 1050/500 pumper on a Mack MC chassis.

Pierreville supplied this 1982 Mack MC pumper with 1050/ 500 specs. in 1982.

Another Mack, this one supplied by Anderson in 1985 using a Mack MC chassis, ran as P 8 for a while.