Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FDIC 2014
Another Alexis was this HME-based pumper for Cresco, IA, with a 1500/1000/10 configuration.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-9-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
One of the displays on South Street was this three-legged E\-One.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-2-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-3-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-4-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Aerial views of the Indy skyline were provided in part by the new Rosenbauer Commander T-Rex that Hastings will operate.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
"Chief, you want to take the tanker or aerial on this run?"  "Let's take 'em both!"

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-34-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
E\-One revealed the new fascia for their Quest chassis, including a pumper that will enter service in Prattville, AL.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-38-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-37-L.jpg]
Taylor Goodman
Like the E\-One Quest, this Sutphen chassis featured LED running lights on the front end.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-42-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
As usual, it was difficult to get photos in the Sutphen booth, but I managed to get a photo of this aerial for Boynton Beach, FL.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-79-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Quote:E-One revealed the new fascia for their Quest chassis, including a pumper that will enter service in Prattville, AL.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-38-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-37-L.jpg]
I kind of like the looks since the change
As usual, Greg Blanchat wasn't afraid to push the envelope on brush truck/rescue truck design.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-75-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Smeal debuted two new chassis, along with their PUC-style design, which is dubbed the CORE.  It uses a traditional T-case Waterous pump with modified suction tubes to allow for lower connections.  It has an all-electronic pump panel on a RAM mount that swings out for use, and uses both push-button and touch-screen technology.  This particular model had one "pump panel" on the engineers compartments as well as one in the officer's side rear most compartment.

This chassis, which is manufactured for Smeal by the Ferrara folks, is dubbed the S450, denoting highest HP motor that the cab and chassis is designed for.  It's a 96" cab.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-99-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-100-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-101-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-102-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-103-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-104-L.jpg]
Taylor Goodman
The Smeal S600 is a 99" cab that will accept up to a 600HP power plant mated to an Allison 4000EVS.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-105-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-98-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
The business end of the Sutphen pumper for Columbus E-31.  "Packs pretty, pulls pretty!"

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-92-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-91-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
An International/KME all-wheel-drive pumper from the folks at Kovatch.  Laury's Station Fire Company, Lehigh County, PA.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-107-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Last for the evening before I head to the firehouse is the "new" Enforcer from Pierce.  Let's be clear: the only thing that the new Enforcer shares with the old one is the name.

The new Enforcer is going to be the high-option model of the Saber, much like the Velocity is to the Impel.  Sabers will continue to come out of the Florida facility exclusively, whereas the Enforcer will be an Appleton product.  The Enforcer will provide you the option of air-bags, TAK4, and a big-block Detroit with a 4000EVS.  The dash and doghouse have been re-done in both products, as well as the AC and the AC drain lines (which have been a problem in Pierces for many years).  These are also 96" cabs while the V & I are 99" cabs.  The Enforcer & Saber don't have a low-cut windshield like the Dash CF so it has a more traditional look than the Dash CF or V & I.

Additional options and platforms (PUC, etc) will be released in the future.

There is more discussion on the new cabs in the Apparatus Scuttlebutt section here on Firepics.

More to come later, hope you've enjoyed so far!

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-125-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-129-L.jpg]
Taylor Goodman
Quote:Smeal debuted two new chassis, along with their PUC-style design, which is dubbed the CORE.  It uses a traditional T-case Waterous pump with modified suction tubes to allow for lower connections.  It has an all-electronic pump panel on a RAM mount that swings out for use, and uses both push-button and touch-screen technology.  This particular model had one "pump panel" on the engineers compartments as well as one in the officer's side rear most compartment.

This chassis, which is manufactured for Smeal by the Ferrara folks, is dubbed the S450, denoting highest HP motor that the cab and chassis is designed for.  It's a 96" cab.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-99-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-100-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-101-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-102-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-103-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-104-L.jpg]
Looks like smeal is becoming one of the major players now good for them they build a nice truck
Great photos. Please keep them coming! If I may add a little on the ambo side. The traffic advisor on the 1st page was a Horton as they also debuted their version of corner cap lights as they are part of the large ASV family. Cherokee Tribal was an AEV. The PGFD was of course a Wheeled Coach.

Quote:The Smeal S600 is a 99" cab that will accept up to a 600HP power plant mated to an Allison 4000EVS.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-105-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-98-L.jpg]
To my eyes, the front of this cab reminds me of a Simon-Duplex while the side of the cab looks like Pemfab. Interesting.
Great photos more please if possible any industrial rigs thanks Dave from England UK

Quote:"Chief, you want to take the tanker or aerial on this run?"  "Let's take 'em both!"

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-34-L.jpg]
What are the specs on this rig?
Taylor, it looks like you're pretty much hitting everything that I had, but I might throw a few in from a different perspective or if there's something you don't add.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.