Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Carr Photos
Quint 2 is a 2013 Pierce Quantum 2000/500/100' platform with  job #26883.

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Last up for this day's shooting is Quint 1, a 2013 Pierce Quantum 2000/500/105' rig, job #26882-01.

Mark Carr photo

Great Shots! Any rumors of Dekalb replacing their tillers with new ones?

Quote:Great Shots! Any rumors of Dekalb replacing their tillers with new ones?
Not rumors, they are working on the specs.  Currently on order are the remaining of 9 Pierce pumpers, a Pierce Arrow XT heavy rescue for Station 24 and several Sutphen SA-75's.  I've heard that they are looking at Pierce for the TDA's, but a decision has yet to be made. 
Cool! I have seen their rescue specs and hope tillers aren't far behind. We are currently specing a heavy rescue and tiller.

Quote:Not rumors, they are working on the specs.  Currently on order are the remaining of 9 Pierce pumpers, a Pierce Arrow XT heavy rescue for Station 24 and several Sutphen SA-75's.  I've heard that they are looking at Pierce for the TDA's, but a decision has yet to be made. 
The Sutphens are going to be SL75's
Quote:Last up for the Dekalb County rigs is this brand new engine, Engine 6.  It's a 2014 Pierce Arrow XT 1000/500/30F pumper and has job #27066-01.

Mark Carr photo
Hey Mark

Did they like the Rosies or the Toynes? Just wondering why they switched ( I know, I know who wouldnt! but just wondering if there was a specific reason...)
Quote:The Sutphens are going to be SL75's
Okay, that will be a first for them.  I had been told that they would be SA-75's like those already in service.
Quote:Hey Mark

Did they like the Rosies or the Toynes? Just wondering why they switched ( I know, I know who wouldnt! but just wondering if there was a specific reason...)
Without getting into too many details, the group of people who make those decisions is not the same group that was previously making those decisions.  This group has a different opinion.
Quote:Okay, that will be a first for them.  I had been told that they would be SA-75's like those already in service.
Yeah, all prior were SA's, the order was for 2 SP70's and 4 SL75's.
Sorry to derail the thread slightly, but did the US apparatus in Santiago ever make it into FAJ? We struggle to get that journal here in the UK and I would be really interested in seeing what they have over in Chile.

Quote:Sorry to derail the thread slightly, but did the US apparatus in Santiago ever make it into FAJ? We struggle to get that journal here in the UK and I would be really interested in seeing what they have over in Chile.

No, it hasn't appeared yet.  Jim hasn't heard anything from FAJ in a while so I don't have any idea when it might appear.  Soon I hope!
The next day that I traveled with the rest of the gang (minus Ron Arnow who had to go home to Florida) was done in my neck of the woods.  First stop for the day was Towns County, GA.  Towns County's Mini-Pumper 2 is a 1979 GMC with an Atlas body and 250gpm pump and tank.

Mark Carr photo

A spare engine at Towns County Station 2 is this 1980 Ford F700/American LaFrance 1000/750 pumper, job #7005.

Mark Carr photo

Rescue 2 is a 2003 Ford F350 with a Danzer-Morrison body.

Mark Carr photo

Engine 2 is a 2005 Kenworth/Pierce Contender 1250/1000/20F rig, job #16582TR.

Mark Carr photo

Tanker 2 is a 2008 Kenworth/Southern 250/1850 unit.

Mark Carr photo

Some of you, familiar with the area, are probably saying, "Hey, those pictures weren't taken at Towns County Station 2!"  Well, here's a picture of the "current" Station 2.  About a year or so ago, they moved into this leased building at the recently vacated power company headquarters.  I was lead to believe that this may not stay as their permanent home but it sure suits them well.

Mark Carr photo

Rescue 1 at Towns County Station 1 is this 2009 Ford F550/Warner/Southern 250/300.

Mark Carr photo

Tanker 1 is a 2009 Kenworth/Southern 1250/1500 rig.

Mark Carr photo