Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Carr Photos
Quote:Looking back at the in-service rigs we find this 1981 Mercedes Benz/Metz/Leit 95' ladder as Ladder 3.

Mark Carr photo
 This Mercedes-Benz/Metz (Leiter means ladder) look like an old ladder from the Hamburg Fire Department in Germany.
Quote:Well, I'm back at it.  From the city of Valparaiso, Chile is this beauty, a 1958 Magirus/Metz 100' ladder as Ladder 9.

Mark Carr photo
This is not a Metz ladder :rant: , that is all Magirus Luxhello . This beauty is built an the so called "alligator hood" chassis. The engines were all aircooled and have an fantastic sound, that can be heard from mile away.

Thanks for posting the photos from this part of the world.

Is it possible to post the american built apparatus here after the FAJ article is published?

Due to not to have enough time to read all magazines I haven't ordered FAJ the last two or three years.

Jürgen
Thank you for the comments Jurgen.  I think it will be possible to post them after the FAJ stories.  

Well, back at it.  Back in February, Ron Arnow, Jim Kus, Mike Quinn and I spent a few days dodging rain and clouds in the Sunshine State.  The best day was in Miami-Dade where we visited the Fire-Rescue Station 12.  They'd just gotten in four new rigs and we got the grand tour.  I'll start with the older equipment first, then move on to the newer.

First up is this spare engine, a 1997 Spartan/Saulsbury 1500/500 pumper, job #296056.

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Next up is this spare, a 2002 E\-One Titan HPR 1850/3000/410F rig running as Foam 6.

Mark Carr photo

Another spare rig placed in service that day was running as Foam 4 and is a 1995 Oshkosh T-1500 1500/1500/195F/450#DC.

Mark Carr photo

The current in-service engine at the airport is this 2006 Pierce Quantum 1500/750 pumper shown under a Lufthansa Airbus A380.  The engine bears job #18142.

Mark Carr photo

Rescue 12 is a 2009 Spartan Furion/Braun.

Mark Carr photo

Foam 2 is a 2011 Rosenbauer Panther 3000, 1850/3000/400F/500#DC.

Mark Carr photo

Now we're at the newer stuff.  The new Foam 1 is a 2013 Rosenbauer Panther 3000  1850/3000/400F/54' Stinger.  

Mark V. Carr photo

Here's Foam 1's twin rig, Foam 2, training in the use of its Stinger with the Lufthansa A380.

Mark Carr photo

Foam 2's glamour shot.  After the driver showed off what the rig could do and got the ramp wet, I saw the perfect opportunity to have him pose for a reflective shot.

Mark Carr photo

This rig, slated for delivery to the Kendall-Tamiami Int'l Airport is a 2013 Rosenbauer Panther 1500,  1850/1500/200F rig, job #103662.

Mark Carr photo

Though I'd shot this rig before, the others hadn't so I took advantage of being able to get a better shot.  The 1997 Freightliner/Medic-Master rig is part of the Cancer Support Network.

Mark Carr photo

Miami-Dade's Engine 7 is a 2003 Pierce Quantum 1500/750 pumper.

Mark Carr photo

I'd shot this rig, Command 3, before too but took advantage of the chance to shoot it with the slide-outs open.  It's a 2008 Peterbilt-Paccar Mexico/Elite rig.  It's one of two.

Mark Carr photo

Rescue 2 is a 2008 Spartan Furion/Braun rig, job #4911.

Mark Carr photo

Palm Beach County F.O.O.L.S. Ladder 1 is a 1961 Pirsch 85' ladder with job #2499.  I'm told it once served Ft. Worth, TX but it seems I recall it once serving somewhere else also.

Mark Carr photo

I'm confused about Miami-Dades crash rigs...what designation will the former Foam 2 have (2011 Rosenbauer)?

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
My guess is that they'll take the number off of it and it will fill in whichever spot is needed.