Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
I have no idea where this truck is from. Any ideas? google search found nothing.of Clowntown FD.  Truck was found for sale outside a junkyard in Greenville, SC.

Clowntown Engine 1    1975 ford / Pirsch

[Image: 9a7a6692-5e6e-4cea-b88f-56be7b2d9fad_zps48ff0aaa.jpg]
Quote:Heading to the scrapper??
Jump on it Jr!
[color="#CC0000"]Young: The Cadillac Of Fire Apparatus.

Andy Pagano[/color]
Quote:Heading to the scrapper??
Yup, the apparatus black hole of apparatus, Brookfields Auto Wrecking

Quote:Yup, the apparatus black hole of apparatus, Brookfields Auto Wrecking
What a shame 
Quote:Jump on it Jr!
Hmmm
considering it was a gift from the people of South Carolina, maybe it should have been donated somewhere else that could have needed it...

Thought it was Tennessee ?
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
Agreed 110%!     And the Brookfields guy could give 2 shits about it either..........Very good friend of mine has been in the market for a Tower Ladder Bucket for many years.   After seeing some pics  on here of some FDNY TL's at Brookfields, I gave my friend a call and told him about it, even going so far as to taking a ride up there and getting some pics of the actual rig and bucket.    My friend spoke directly to the owner of Brookfields, and told him that I was coming up there.......Long story short, I go up there, see the guy, and he's basically pissed off that I'm taking his time to even discuss cutting off the bucket from the boom.   He's telling me how "HARD" it was gonna be to torch it and that he wanted to make sure he was gonna get at least the price of the scrap metal..............He's a businessman and that's all..........He's looking at the $$$$ and could give 2 shits about "Doing the right thing"......

The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Just a damn shame 

Quote:I have no idea where this truck is from. Any ideas? google search found nothing.of Clowntown FD.  Truck was found for sale outside a junkyard in Greenville, SC.

Clowntown Engine 1    1975 ford / Pirsch

I thought I had this one, but the closer I look, the more I'm not sure.  Pumpkintown, SC used to run a very similar 1975 Ford C/Pirsch 1000/1000 as Engine 4.  They had purchased it used from Liberty, I think.  The diamond plate compartments are identical to those on this rig, but there are lots of little things that are different. 
Quote:Agreed 110%!     And the Brookfields guy could give 2 shits about it either..........Very good friend of mine has been in the market for a Tower Ladder Bucket for many years.   After seeing some pics  on here of some FDNY TL's at Brookfields, I gave my friend a call and told him about it, even going so far as to taking a ride up there and getting some pics of the actual rig and bucket.    My friend spoke directly to the owner of Brookfields, and told him that I was coming up there.......Long story short, I go up there, see the guy, and he's basically pissed off that I'm taking his time to even discuss cutting off the bucket from the boom.   He's telling me how "HARD" it was gonna be to torch it and that he wanted to make sure he was gonna get at least the price of the scrap metal..............He's a businessman and that's all..........He's looking at the $$$$ and could give 2 shits about "Doing the right thing"......

So really, all it takes is someone with deeper pockets to outbid him?
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
I have gone head to head with Red one of the owners at Brookfileds at auction sites and if he wants it you are not getting it no matter what .

Insane! Whereas they mean something to some people, they're just doing it to Stirpot . I would bid one up to beyond scrap value just so that they'd drop out. Initially, I thought they just happened to be the only bidders, I had no idea they were doing it to be spiteful, which would also explain not being allowed to pull parts. I sure hope someone outbids them on Ex-Ladder 10 when it sees it's time, clearly the city doesn't care one way or another what it's fate is.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
he "wants" it, so he can wreck it? What's the point of that.

[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
May be its not the brookfields guy behind it. Has anyone ever confirmed he pays what the winning bid is. Maybe the city powers to be wants them destroyed and not sold so the cut him a deal.

HAS to be bid. He just has deep pockets.

Stay safe, Brothers.

Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
Found out the other day from a Brother who works in 14 Truck that the reason the city got rid of that rig so fast was that it had a cracked frame......

The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Need some help identifying this one.

Sitting in the sun in Florida.

Trying to identify what brand/make it is, besides the tractor being a FWD.

Bonus would be if y'all know where it served.

thanks,

rr...

lets try again

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

that's better

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)