Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
List only goes to 700 models...middle 50's.

The person who built the list and maintainrd it...passed away.

Found this unique rescue today in Starr,NC which is in Montgomery County. From what I've found this truck was owned was first owned by a local welding company. From there, it served the defunct Emergency Medical Rescue unit, which was a spin off from another long-gone agency called the East Montgomery Ambulance Service.  Very neat little rig I thought.

In NC, most of the fire departments and rescue squads were separate entities but are slowly merging due to decreased volunteers and local governments realizing the FD can take over extrication rather than giving money to one more agency.

Former Rescue 4

1980s Iveco/Reading

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
Here was another relic I found in Montgomery County today.

Westmoore VFD (Moore Co,NC)

1976 Ford F750/FMC

750/750

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
Found this truck next to Randleman's fire station, placed OOS.

Randleman FD,NC

Engine 54

1974 Ford C/Bean

300/1000

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
Not sure if this belongs here, or in the "Empire State Oldies" thread, but here goes. Pawling Fire Department of Pawling, NY has re-aquired their 1956 Chevy/??? engine for a possible restoration.   It was removed from service sometime in the late 1970's  and was just recently rescued from a field in Sharon, CT.  I searched high and low for any type of ID tags on the cab and the body, and only found the Chevrolet serial number in the drivers door frame, and a pump serial number on a plate loose in the glove box. The doors on the body open and lift up, and then can be rolled into the compartment.  I estimate the pump at 250 gpm, with a 500 gallon tank.  It is equipped with the Loadmaster V8, and is fairly intact.

Anyone have any ideas on the make?

Driver side body

Rear

Passenger side

Chevrolet Serial number 10D 56W005415

Chevrolet plate lower in the door

Plate from the pump

Lettering still on the door

Photos were taken with the permission of Chief Everett White 54-1

http://pawlingfire.org/

Body work looks like it could be a Young...

Certainly what I would call "rough but restorable", and even more certainly a worthwhile and morale-building project for the department. Good for them, and I'm sure we all wish them luck with the restoration. Hope to see both in-progress and finished photos.
while on vacation in Clearwater fl i found this rig sitting at a repair shop in largo. it is a international dnt know the year

Attached Files Image(s)

it says stockton lanier fire dept on the door

Attached Files Image(s)

this is the pump panel

Attached Files Image(s)

the hose bed

Attached Files Image(s)

That rig has been there since January (The shop is on Seminole Boulevard, just north of Ulmerton, right?). It's less than a mile from our Florida condo, we passed it several times back then. The left front wheel was off of it for weeks.
yes sir still sitting there the same way

Heres a couple of Relics I found in the Back of ABBEVILLE COUNTY SC Headquarters station.  any info Would help.

Jacobson FD in SC ??? or on the nose its North Hanover  (NJ)????

[Image: IMG_8547_zpse40aadab.jpg]

This old Sutphen from Bethia SC in Abbeville county

[Image: IMG_8544_zpsffdb5dcf.jpg]

Found this one just down the road from my house. 1978 Seagrave 100 ft ladder. Anyone recognize where its from. has a Tennesee tag on the rear. Ive included the tag with ser#

[Image: IMG_8569_zpsc0f900b6.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8575_zps73766a80.jpg]