Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1965 FWD Tractioneer Pumper
I like the look of the single beacon with the lolli pop lights the best.
[quote name='GA_Dave' timestamp='1332724513' post='478776']

Here's the Honey Pot rig after the first refurb.

[/quote]

It looks so nice here....the 1992 refurb added high side compartments to it but kept the same paint color and WONDERFUL gold leaf details....when Har-Rob got thier hands on this thing for the 2005 refurb they took off the chrome trim pieces around the cab, took off the gold leaf design touches at the corner of the compartment doors and the corners of the entry doors, painted it a darker red with a silver roof and put on the fire grill... so basically in my opinion they did the equivelent to taking a knife to the Mona Lisa LOL. Having said that, I still love my engine I just wish they wouldn't have sent it to Har-Rob and ruined something so nice!! So far I have pictures of it when delivered (thanks to Hugh McGeehan via Tom Bretz), pictures after the first rehab compliments of the great Dave Organ and pictures of it in it's current time thanks to Mike Martinelli (and me also).... so now, does anyone have a picture of this thing after it's 1992 refurb? It would have run this way from 1992 until the middle of 2005, during the 1992 refurb Fire Fab (or maybe Fire Cab..who knows) put the high side compartments on it but kept it the same shade of red and put the gold leaf design around the new high side compartments. I know I am asking for a lot and probably got more than I deserved by everyone sharing the great pics they have, but it doesn't hurt to ask.. I have smaller sized pictures at home of what it looked like after the 1992 refurb but I would really love to find a larger photo so that I can get a good idea of what the corner gold leafing looked like to hopefully put them back on it. I am pretty sure that I will never find the right chrome trims pieces for the front of the cab, they really set off the cab...so I might try to have them painted on with a silver painted of some kind..only time will tell I guess!! Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far!!!
Engine 26-2 ???????????? lol
LOL, don't tempt me Charlie.... I have already suggested we could take it for pump details and other stuff we don't want to tie the main engine up on.... it won't be long until it is on the dry hydrant at Custer Dr and feeding the scene LOL
Here is the only picture I have been able to find after the 1992 refurb and before the current look, it is a smaller picture but you can see the high side compartments in this picture. Also the gold leaf accents are still there as well as the cab chrome trim pieces. Credit goes to the unknown photographer on this picture, I hope that I can bring back the nice gold leaf touches as seen in this picture.

[Image: f2e18291.jpg]
go Dave!
I finally decided to get some good pictures of the FWD today, I wanted to share with everyone exactly how unique of a piece this thing was and how ahead of it's time it was!!

[Image: FWD1.jpg]
A view of the cab arrangement, as you can see there is a driver's seat, a bench seat wide enough for 2 or maybe 3 people and than a seperate officer's seat.

[Image: FWD2.jpg]
Here is what makes the piece unique, behind the driver's seat and the officer's seat there is another seat on each side of the dog box... this little FWD was years ahead of it's time!!!

[Image: FWD3.jpg]
A closer up picture of the cab, as you see I have helmets hung up along the back wall like it used to have. The helmets needs work and no I don't know who GAH is LOL

[Image: FWD4.jpg]
Here is the money shot showing the seats behind the driver's seat and the officer's seat. Those 2 seats fold forward to allow access to the seat behind it on each side of the dogbox. So very cool and unique!!

[Image: FWD5.jpg]
Here is a picture showing the officer's seat in it's sitting position. This cab was WAY ahead of it's time, I would compare it to the ALF 700 series but I would get slaughtered by all of the ALF fans... but secretly inside I do LOL

[Image: FWD6.jpg]
A view of the control area for the lights and sirens above the driver's seat

[Image: FWD7.jpg]
A view from behind the wheel showing the expansive view you get

[Image: FWD8.jpg]
A chronometer to show how long the truck has been running each time.... I couldn't figure out what it was at first

[Image: FWD9.jpg]
An ashtray..... in a fire truck... who would have thought that. I don't smoke of course but it is neat to see this thing in here

[Image: FWD10.jpg]
A view of the dash panel

[Image: FWD11.jpg]
My axe mounted for easy access for in case I ever decide to drive into Camden, NJ LOL, in all seriousness how cool is it that the door is long enough to mount an axe on the inside of it??!! For reference, this is how it came.. I didn't engineer this idea myself.

[Image: FWD13.jpg]
A lower view of the cab interior, the clutch slave cylinder is right behind the pedal and the brake cylinder is right behind the brake pedal... very easy maintainence!

[Image: FWD12.jpg]
A close up of the front pumpkin, FWD is painted on it so you can what is currently running over your car if you piss me off LOL

[Image: FWD14.jpg]