Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
Quote:And what I saw on Ladder 4 (assuming it wasn't a medallion carried over previously) was a small Marine's logo

Trav!

Yeah we didn't have a chance to take it off the old Seagrave because we had a spare until we got the Ferrara

There are a few guys in the house that are marines
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
Rumor that the first KME pumper will be at The Long Island Fire Mega-show this weekend for whoever is attending. J
Courtesy of EmtBravo.net

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

Reminds me of this departments apparatus: http://etownfire.com/apparatus/

Ummmm mmmmmm 
Already has diamond plate covering the rust? LOL

Quote:Already has diamond plate covering the rust? LOL
That's the part that threw me.
Anyone have a shot of the "business end" of this rig?

Wow! I'm not really even sure where to start on all of the differences with these trucks.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Is it me, or do the company numbers seem kind of small?  Actually, looking back at the recent deliveries, they all seem to be a smaller size than previously.

John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
 couple of pages back while under construction: http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/inde...2&p=530512

Wondering why the diamond plate box on top is a different size on the officer side, compared to the driver side.  Also the pump intakes look a bit small to me, maybe just be the picture

Inconsistency just drives me crazy! Whoever actually specs. the trucks for FDNY can't decide if they're coming or going when it comes to light bars and wheels, trucks delivered merely months ago have Red! The numbers are smaller as previously stated, the FDNY on the front is MUCH smaller, and placed right under the windshield, window above the rear door, diamond plate on the front of the cab, and what is going on with those stripes when they come around to the front of the cab? Overall, not impressed with how it looks in regards to matching the rest of the fleet, that being said, it isn't a bad looking truck at all, and I doubt KME had anything to do with it looking so far off from the rest of the trucks, I would say they followed what was spec'd. But anymore, that's how all of the trucks are starting to look, different from each other.

Now, will KME have one ready for FDIC? I can't see them landing a FDNY contract and not having one there, seems to be something FDNY from someone every year.

Trav!

Quote:Inconsistency just drives me crazy! Whoever actually specs. the trucks for FDNY can't decide if they're coming or going when it comes to light bars and wheels, trucks delivered merely months ago have Red! The numbers are smaller as previously stated, the FDNY on the front is MUCH smaller, and placed right under the windshield, window above the rear door, diamond plate on the front of the cab, and what is going on with those stripes when they come around to the front of the cab? Overall, not impressed with how it looks in regards to matching the rest of the fleet, that being said, it isn't a bad looking truck at all, and I doubt KME had anything to do with it looking so far off from the rest of the trucks, I would say they followed what was spec'd. But anymore, that's how all of the trucks are starting to look, different from each other.

One of the big things with FDNY has been that they try different things to best determine the optimum use of current technology.  I remember watching through the 80's as they ran rotating beacon, TwinSonic Light Bars, Aerodynic Light Bars, Aerodynic Mini LightBars, Code 3 Mini Light Bars and various stripe/lettering sizes and schemes.  They actually study the data, and since they are probably some of the highest volume response vehicles in the country, they get good data which is shared.  Of course, this comes at the cost of uniformity.

Examples:

[Image: E275.jpg]

[Image: E275_1.jpg]

[Image: E301A.jpg]

[Image: E301M.jpg]

[Image: E301.jpg]

[Image: L165.jpg]

[Image: L134.jpg]
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Thanks for the share Ed! When you put it into that aspect, it certainly does make more sense. I was just thinking last night, I'm waiting to see a batch of ten-dozen of White and Lime FDNY engines with the current design Yellowfe  Hysterical

The overall look of the cab reminds me of the Simon-Duplex cabs from the 90's.  I also actually like the striping on the front of the cab.  I agree that the F.D.N.Y. on the front is way too small, but with the diamond plate pieces on the bottom of the cab there is no where else to put it.

Quote:Is it me, or do the company numbers seem kind of small?  Actually, looking back at the recent deliveries, they all seem to be a smaller size than previously.
There isn't a 56 Engine in the FDNY. The factory was told to put that number on it before it went to the apparatus show in Jersey. Then they will remove it and put the correct number on the piece before assigning it.

<pre>
ENGINE 56 MA 120 W. 83rd St. Jul. 13, 1889 - May 1, 1960 ENGINE 74 using building.</pre>
Latest info-

I found out that this rig will be assigned to the Rock as a CTS  ride.

John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
Per the KME Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/kmefireapparatus ) it will be at the Long Island Fire, Rescue and EMS Mega Show this weekend

http://fire.kovatch.com/info/calendar/20...-mega-show at the Nassau Coliseum

Is the front intake plumbing sitting low (or just angle of the pic)?
:rant:It used to be considered a fine thing in this hobby that a new fire engine was "different" from any other. Shrug

Quote:There isn't a 56 Engine in the FDNY. The factory was told to put that number on it before it went to the apparatus show in Jersey. Then they will remove it and put the correct number on the piece before assigning it.
Code:
ENGINE 56 MA 120 W. 83rd St. Jul. 13, 1889 -  May 1, 1960 ENGINE 74 using building

Don't be surprised when the numbers stay on the rig.