Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
[quote name='CdnFireTruckBuff' timestamp='1339556629' post='488514']

The second Edmonton Fire Rescue Services unit on display was this 2010 SVI Heavy Walk Around Rescue on a Spartan Gladiator Classic LFD chassis. This is unit #723, operating as Rescue 2 and featuring a pink body wrap promoting the Canadian Cancer Society's program with the Firefighters to "Extinguish Cancer".

[/quote]

What is the a frame on the front bumper?
Amherstburg, Ontario 2012 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Spartan Force 1250/800/25 s/n #M280

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='CdnFireTruckBuff' timestamp='1339555869' post='488494']

The second unit from E\-One, via First Truck Centre in Vancouver, is a demo Type III Wildland Pumper, with a "Stainless Steel body built in New York" graphic on the back. This rig has a Darley 500 GPM pump, 500 GWT and 20G Foam and is mounted on an International 7400 4WD Crew Cab chassis.

[/quote]

This would have been built at R.D. Murray, just outside of Buffalo, NY. They used to be an American LaFrance facility before E\-One.
Over the past number of years, all of Edmonton's Heavy Rescue units have been equipped with this A-Frame that works with the Ramsey 12,000lb winch mounted in the front bumper of their units. It guides the cable from the winch and allows it to be used in many applications at different angles/positions.
[quote name='jalarner' timestamp='1339636413' post='488612']

This would have been built at R.D. Murray, just outside of Buffalo, NY. They used to be an American LaFrance facility before E\-One.

[/quote]Yes, you are correct.
[quote name='Wing1223' timestamp='1339605417' post='488558']

What is the a frame on the front bumper?

[/quote]Over the past number of years, all of Edmonton's Heavy Rescue units have been equipped with this A-Frame that works with the Ramsey 12,000lb winch mounted in the front bumper of their units. It guides the cable from the winch and allows it to be used in many applications at different angles/positions.
Continuing with the AFCA trade show in Edmonton, AB. Here is St. Walburg & District Fire Rescue's in Saskatchewan new pumper built by HUB Fire Engines in Abottsford, BC. It is a side control mid-mount pump, Waterous 1250GPM/1000GWT/CAFS/?F, mounted on a Freightliner M2 Crew Cab chassis. The ULC Pump Test Date is May 8, 2012, and this is HUB #1118. Most of HUB's production is for it's home province of British Columbia. HUB was one of the lucky apparatus builders that was able to display their rigs indoors escaping the relentless rain. Their units were all highly detailed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Another HUB unit on display was the District of Mission, BC's new Engine 1. It is a 2012 side control mid-mount pumper, 1750GPM/600GWT/?F, mounted on a Spartan Metro Star LFD, with a Cummins ISL9 450HP engine and Allision 3000 EVS Trans. Note the Zico Quic Ladder on the side behind the cab. This is HUB# 1108. Another highly detailed unit.

The third HUB unit on display was Engine 1, a mini-pumper/CAFS unit for the Lower Nicola Indian Band (LNID), located near Merrit, BC. Mounted on a 2012 Ford Super-Duty F-550 Crew Cab 4WD equipped with a Powerstroke 6.7L Turbo Diesel V8 engine. The pump panel is mounted in the rear - 250GPM/320GWT/CAFS, ULC pump test date of May 24, 2012. This is HUB #1125.

Another Western Canadian manufacturer of fire apparatus is Fort Garry Fire Trucks (FGI) from Winnipeg, MB. They brought two units to display, and again were lucky to be inside. The first is a unit that Dave Stewardson posted earlier. This is Wrigley, NWT Fire Department's new mini-pumper mounted on a 2012 Ford Super-Duty F550 Crew Cab 4WD. See Dave's post for more details, including the driving directions... I love my job... I love my job!!

The 2nd unit from FGI, is this 4 Man Crown TME mid-ship pump, P319 for Saprae Creek, AB located in the County of Wood Buffalo ( just east of Fort McMurray), AB. It is mounted on a Freightliner M2 2-door chassis, powered by a Cummins diesel engine. I walked by a couple of times to get a better photo, but they were still hard at work detailing it. I am recovering from ankle surgery, and was unable to climb inside to retrieve any data of this unit. Perhaps Dave Stewardson can provide the details on this one? Looking at the original tender documents, the spec called for 1250GPM/1080GWT/20AF.

I will post more tomorrow.

Here are more soggy shots from the recent AFCA trade show in Edmonton, AB. Safetek Emergency Vehicles brought this Smeal 75' RM Heavy Duty Aerial Quint demo. Smeal #4051, is equipped with a Waterous CXSC20C pump, 1500GPM/400GWT/20F. It is mounted on a Spartan Metro-Star (Smeal Sirius) chassis with a Cummins ISL9 450HP engine and Allison 3000 EVS trans.

Another Smeal unit on display is this 2012 pumper for Rocky View County, AB (Engine 101). Rockyview is the county the surrounds the city of Calgary on three sides. This unit is mounted on a Spartan Metro Star MFD chassis with a Cummins ISL9 450HP engine and Allision 3000 EVS trans. It has a Waterous CSUC20 mid-ship pump with side controls - 1250GPM/720GWT/25F. Note the spot/scene-light mounted on the front bumper turret.

Back inside, and yet to be detailed, was this 2012 Pierce Responder Commercial pumper that Rob Evans, from Red Wood Meadows, featured in an earlier post on WFR Wholesale Fire & Rescue's latest delivery. This rig is now lettered and has a full compliment of graphics. This unit is Engine 5, belonging to Pickardville, located just north of Edmonton in Westlock County, AB. This unit is equipped with Waterous mid-ship side control pump rated at 1250GPM/1000GWT/20F and is mounted on an IHC 7400 WorkStar 4-door 4WD chassis, with a 300HP Maxxforce engine and Allision 3000 EVS trans.

Another unit from Pierce was this 2012 Impel PUC Pumper demo. It was just being driven inside, and unfortunately, did not get any data on it.

This is my first posting to Firepics so please forgive any mistakes and I will welcome any comments or suggestions. Now I will begin with a few pics from my "home" department Tisdale Saskatchewan. This is the TFD's Unit No 1 a 1979 Superior 625 front mount with 1000 gal tank remounted on a 1992 GMC 'Topkick' chassis by Prairie Fire Extinguisher of Moose Jaw SK (The Superior dealer at the time)

Attached Files Image(s)

Since my first posting seems to have gone fairly well I'll continue with some postings from my home department. This is the Tisdale FD Unit No 2 a 2002 General Truck Bodies/GMC Sierra 3500 4dr 4x4 Light Rescue

This is Tisdale FD's Unit No 3 a 2004 Superior (E\-One Canada) F/L M2 4dr 840/1000 side-mount pumper with built-in foam and pump-and-roll. It's the first out truck for all calls

Attached Files Image(s)

I realise this is the dreaded 'hall shot' but it's pretty hard to catch this truck outside the hall. This is Tisdale FD's Unit No 4 a 1986 Fort Garry/GMC '7000' 625 front mount pumper with 800 gwt

Attached Files Image(s)

This is Tisdale FD Unit No 5 a 2006 Chevrolet 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 which performs utility duties and will be fitted with a skid unit as soon as funds permit

Attached Files Image(s)