Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Carr Photos
Quote:I'd never seen a Chevrolet like the last one and I've never seen a Dodge like this one.  What used to be the department's HazMat rig is this 1979 Dodge/Rosenbauer rig.

Mark Carr photo

Great set of photos, I love seeing South American rigs. Can't wait for the FAJ photos.

This rig is a Dodge D series, built in Europe by Renault in the late 70's through mid 80's when Renault dropped the Dodge moniker. It seems like they imported lots of European rigs, like the MAN Bronto with the German lettering.
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
John, thanks for the information.  Yes, they do have a lot of European rigs there.  And as far as the German markings - a lot of the individual stations are actually ethnically sponsored.  A group of Jewish people might settle in one area and decide the community might take on a Jewish identity of sorts.  Therefore, when the volunteer fire department is established, the fire department as well would take on that identity.  We saw Jewish, Italian, German, Spanish and other groups.  The rigs in these houses might actually have Hebrew or German or whatever graphics on them.  Kinda neat and adds some variety to the everyday Renault/Camiva trucks.

Quote:Puente Alto's Engine 3 is a 2003 Renault/Camiva 600/1250 pumper.  

Mark Carr photo
Also in #1105.... First time I NOTICED a Q2 on Overseas apparatus. Sure it's not a first for a lot,but I found it unique.
Well, I'm back at it.  From the city of Valparaiso, Chile is this beauty, a 1958 Magirus/Metz 100' ladder as Ladder 9.

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Valparaiso Rescue 8 is a 1985 Iveco.

Mark Carr photo

This rig was quite elusive as far as good photos goes.  We were trying to get it when it got a brush fire call.  The fire wasn't much so it came back shortly.  Caught in traffic I snapped what I could.  It's a 1992 Iveco/Magirus 250/1750 as Brush 3.  Notice the firefighters piled onto the tailboard and top rear of the rig!

Mark Carr photo

Engine 8 is a 2009 Renault/Camiva 600/1000 pumper.

Mark Carr photo

Here's an idea what the business end of these trucks look like.  This is the rear of Engine 8, the previous photo.

Mark Carr photo

Moving on to the city of Concepcion, we have a 1949 Mack.  Unfortunately, this gem wouldn't start so we pulled out all the surrounding rigs, pushed this one forward a bit and snapped ourselves a dreaded inside shot.

Mark Carr photo

Tanker 4, or Z4 is a 1968 Mercedes Benz/KUKA 250/2000. 

Mark Carr photo

Concepcion Engine 4 is a 1989 Renault/Camiva 600/500 pumper.

Mark Carr photo

Engine 4, another business end shot for you.

Mark Carr photo

This 1996 Renault/Camiva 600/750 rig is assigned to Rescue 4.

Mark Carr photo

Command 4 in Concepcion is a 2006 Mercedes Benz Sprinter.

Mark Carr photo

Aside from some really cool American made trucks (sorry, can't show them yet) the city of Nunoa has some cool stuff.  Rescue 6 is a typical 1996 Renault/Camiva 600/750 pumper.

Mark Carr photo

Engine 9 is this sharp looking 1998 Renault/Camiva 600/750 pumper.

Mark Carr photos

X1, the command van in Nunoa, is a 1998 ....you guessed it, Renault/Camiva.  Notice a trend in the country?

Mark Carr photo

Engine 10 is a 2000 Renault/Camiva 600/750 pumper.

Mark Carr photo

Last of the non-American rigs in Nunoa is Engine 6, a 2007 Renault/Camiva 600/1000 pumper.

Mark Carr photo

Quote:I'd never seen a Chevrolet like the last one and I've never seen a Dodge like this one.  What used to be the department's HazMat rig is this 1979 Dodge/Rosenbauer rig.

Mark Carr photo
This is an old Belgium apparatus. They were ordered by the state and saw service at many belgian fire departments.