Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
Quote:After watching a video I saw on youtube I was curious as to what the function of the SOC Rescue Battalion is and when and what types of responses would he respond on?

Shows up at fires with his aide, and both get in the way of engines and trucks trying to operate...............
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
FDNY HazMat Battalion 2 CBRN

2013 Ford F-250

Shop # FM13004

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Tower Ladder 18

2012 Seagrave/Aerialscope II 75'

Seth Granville
Check out some spy shots of the new FDNY KME Engine cab being assembled at the KME factory. The first cab has been shipped out for crash testing. This is the cab being built for FDNY acceptance.Please visit EMTBravo.com at the link below for more photos

Special thanks to my anonymous source!

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php/topic/...ngine-cab/
Seth Granville
Square grilles and even headlights! BananaMan  Luxhello  Thumbsup

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
It's funny because apparently mistakenly cutting a keystone grill, and uneven headlights is a common mistake at the plant.

[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
FDNY EMS UTV in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Always been sort of surprised they don't put an Engine, Ladder, Rescue, or something else of the sort in the parade for some representation.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Does anyone have closeups in their collections of the external hook brackets on the new Ferrara?  Trying to figure out their construction.  

Quote:Does anyone have closeups in their collections of the external hook brackets on the new Ferrara?  Trying to figure out their construction.
This?

Seth Granville
Yep thanks thats what I wanted to know.

Getting ready for the Super Bowl this week,  FDNY has a command post, and additional engine stationed just off Times Square. 

Here is the command post:

And "Engine 99". (Ex- Engine 36(company disbanded), CTS-3, and most famously from the show "Rescue ME")

SP 02029

Quote:And "Engine 99". (Ex- Engine 36(company disbanded), CTS-3, and most famously from the show "Rescue ME")

SP 02029
Condition:  "Well used"
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Quote:And "Engine 99". (Ex- Engine 36(company disbanded), CTS-3, and most famously from the show "Rescue ME")

SP 02029

That isn't the engine that was used in rescue me. That engine was sold by Seagrave to the east Hartford CT fire dept and was recently put in service as engine 3. It had a few miles in it but 0 pump hours.
I think there were multiple engines used on rescue me. Originally they had a Mack CF from NJ if I remember correctly and an E\-One Ladder. Then they had what looked like rigs out of the spare pool before getting the East Hartford Ct Seagrave and the 2 Pierce Demos.

[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
The Mack CF used in Rescue Me was ex-Hackensack, NJ Engine 1

FDNY Pumper #1, taken last week @ KME plant.

Attached Files Image(s)