Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous
Prince William County DFR Engine 591 (assigned to academy).

VERY nice rig.

Attached Files Image(s)

Former Fairfax County reserve Tower Ladder. It has since been sold.

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 441

Attached Files Image(s)

Former Rescue 411. They now run with a 2009 Pierce Velocity.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Engine 409. I believe this rig is due to be replaced when the new Velocity rigs come in.

Engine 422

That's all for now gentleman.

Nate

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Good2Go' date='18 January 2010 - 11:35 AM' timestamp='1263834906' post='359163']

Engine 510 (Rescue Engine). This rig is one of the better Rescue Engines I have come across. Although Prince William County does not recognize Rescue Engines this rig runs as "Rescue 510" whenever the primary Rescue is out of service. VERY nice rig!

[/quote]

Nate, I have been told that they used the specs for Alexandria Rescue Engine 206 as a starting point. You are correct, this is one nicely spec'd rescue engine. One of the nicest I have seen. It is slightly better laid out than RE206.
Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.
[quote name='Dave McClung' date='18 January 2010 - 02:12 PM' timestamp='1263840779' post='359178']

Nate, I have been told that they used the specs for Alexandria Rescue Engine 206 as a starting point. You are correct, this is one nicely spec'd rescue engine. One of the nicest I have seen. It is slightly better laid out than RE206.

[/quote]

Dave,

Your are correct RE206 was the base that Dale City used for E510. They looked at all of the Rescue Engines in the area (MWAA,Kentland,Ashburn,and Roundhill) to come up with this units design. Remember this unit serves as the "Reserve Rescue" hence the set-up. On another note Engines 513 and 520 were based on Alex's Engines 207 and 204 hence the ladder rack on the driver's side which this design took off after the Dale City units arrived. Look at FXCO, Warrenton, and MWAA's recent pumpers. I understand the future pumpers for Alex will be a more "traditional design"
[quote name='drfeelgood' date='18 January 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1263863861' post='359226']

Dave,

Your are correct RE206 was the base that Dale City used for E510. They looked at all of the Rescue Engines in the area (MWAA,Kentland,Ashburn,and Roundhill) to come up with this units design. Remember this unit serves as the "Reserve Rescue" hence the set-up. On another note Engines 513 and 520 were based on Alex's Engines 207 and 204 hence the ladder rack on the driver's side which this design took off after the Dale City units arrived. Look at FXCO, Warrenton, and MWAA's recent pumpers. I understand the future pumpers for Alex will be a more "traditional design"

[/quote]

Yep the last three pumpers ordered: E201, 202, and 208 don't have ladder racks.
Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.
[quote name='Good2Go' date='18 January 2010 - 12:52 PM' timestamp='1263835952' post='359169']

Prince William County DFR Engine 591 (assigned to academy).

VERY nice rig.

[/quote]

It looks like a nice piece Nate!
Paul Edwards

Contributor - Fire & EMS Virginia Magazine

Dispatcher - Virginia Fire Net (VFN102)
Nate - Did you by chance shoot the Training Truck 591, ex-Gainesville? Been wanting that one for some time! Also, my last email message to you bounced back. Please recontact me with your email address. Jerry
[quote name='firemag' date='18 January 2010 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1263871177' post='359274']

Nate - Did you by chance shoot the Training Truck 591, ex-Gainesville? Been wanting that one for some time! Also, my last email message to you bounced back. Please recontact me with your email address. Jerry

[/quote]

This is all I got Jerry. Truck 519 - Academy rig (and county reserve). Hope this helps!

Attached Files Image(s)

Update on Buena Vista FD Engine 103. It's Broke. while training on it this weekend, the rear Brakes locked up on it. Something is wrong with the CAFS and while driving it something broke in the Motor or the Transmission. So it is sitting in Roanoke awaiting repairs. Good thing is its under warranty, bad thing is They were hoping to run some calls with it this week.

Photo's are when they were training on it before it broke this weekend.

[Image: IMAG0006.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0024.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0017-1.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0013-1.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0042.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0043.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0039.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0034.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0067.jpg]
[quote name='firemag' date='18 January 2010 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1263871177' post='359274']

[/quote]

Here is Quint 504. Not sure if it has since become a Training Academy rig (due to the restructuring of GDVFD). Hope this helps!

Nate, I think Jerry was referring to the old LTI Olympian that was replaced by the Pierce quint pictured above.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
[quote name='Shoop' date='17 January 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1263757054' post='359032']

Warren,

I thought the Cherrydale rig was sold?? When I was down at Falls Church in the summer it was no where to be found.

[/quote]It is still alive and well at Station 106 for now. Once the new Station 103 is built/completed it will go back home to Cherrydale.
[quote name='Roto-Ray' date='18 January 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1263875597' post='359291']

Nate, I think Jerry was referring to the old LTI Olympian that was replaced by the Pierce quint pictured above.

[/quote]

Oh, THAT thing! Truck 4. I think I have a shot of that taken in 1994. I'll have to dig through the files.

Thanks RR!
Coles District Rescue 506

Attached Files Image(s)

Former Fairfax Engine 36

E\-One Hush

Attached Files Image(s)

Former Fairfax Truck 22

Attached Files Image(s)