Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous
This actually is a 2008 Model while the others are 2009s.
Trey White
Got out this afternoon to Langley AFB to get one of their newest pumpers.

Engine 4-2012 Pierce Saber 1250/500/25/25

Trey White
Wow Very Plain.
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
[quote name='Tim' timestamp='1346382341' post='496914']

Wow Very Plain.

[/quote]Yes all of the Air Force Rigs that are new are plain.I cant understand why they cant put the base name on the rig.Very boring looking for a brand new rig.
Trey White
Caught up with a few rigs from PW County that have eluded me for months

Coles District Tanker 506B

Still being used to run calls as well as for being for sell.

Trey White
Dahlgren Brush 28

Attached Files Image(s)

Trey White
Stafford County has moved a few rigs around. Engine 9 which runs out of the Rescue Squad Station at Aquia Harbour has recieved a rig from the county that use to run as Wagon 8 in Rockhill.

Stafford Engine 9

Trey White
King George County Tanker 3

Trey White
Manassas Engine 501

Soon to be replaced along with the Pierce/Hahn Pumper.

Trey White
[quote name='treywhite' timestamp='1346600596' post='497165']

Manassas Engine 501

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=96481]

[/quote]

What did they order?
[quote name='ff168577' timestamp='1346628986' post='497198']

What did they order?

[/quote]Nothing Yet.I think they are still up for bid.
Trey White
[quote name='treywhite' timestamp='1346465776' post='496999']

Yes all of the Air Force Rigs that are new are plain.I cant understand why they cant put the base name on the rig.Very boring looking for a brand new rig.

[/quote][color="#000000"]The short and the long of it is that the local (base) commander or even MagCom will have a say in how the base fire departments letter their vehicles. It has gotten A LOT better since the days when I was in. Many fire chiefs have finally got some say in how their trucks are lettered. For generations there was this belief that any fire truck was a deployable asset thus no base names or verbiage that was anything other than that was stated in the OI’s or REG’s. Some chiefs with power or balls could buck the system and get away with some customizing, but this was not the norm. It did steal the pride for the firefighters to have such limited say in how their trucks could look. Even the fact that the AF has even embraced the color red again was a huge step for them, we always believed that they had stock in OD green and emron green[/color]
[quote name='treywhite' timestamp='1346381215' post='496913']

Got out this afternoon to Langley AFB to get one of their newest pumpers.

Engine 4-2012 Pierce Saber 1250/500/25/25

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=96330]

[/quote]

My fiend that is a DOD Fire Captain at Fort Riley on the Truck Company stated the same as Seagrave65. He did say now when they order a new rig it comes as a basic spec very plain and if they have budget money from their department they are allowed to add items like Q sirens, Bells, Roto-Rays. When they ordered Ladder 1 they wanted a dry 105ft ladder but the GSA spec called for a Quint 105ft so that is what they got no questions asked, however they did get the Q siren. They did make some ground ladder adjustments to the ladder compartment. They have added their name to the doors and company numbers. Last year they even added a red #1 to the front of Ladder 1. He said in years prior this would not have been allowed.

Other end of the spectrum I photographed Forbes Field in Topeka the 190th ARFW. They have a lot of company pride but don't add any extras to any of their rigs. As they explained they are notified they will receive a new rig during the fy year and it just shows up one day. They add their department patch to most units and a basic company number. In fact the 190th ARFW new Pierce Saber is looks just like the Langley pumper. Thanks for sharing.

Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
[quote name='treywhite' timestamp='1346631510' post='497206']

Nothing Yet.I think they are still up for bid.

[/quote]

Correct, bids are still out for a pumper and rear-mount tower ladder.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
h
[quote name='treywhite' timestamp='1346600596' post='497165']

Manassas Engine 501

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=96481]

[/quote]

How long before they are gone? I was hoping to get down there this fall for pictures...
[quote name='nolderpkp' timestamp='1346787272' post='497464']

How long before they are gone? I was hoping to get down there this fall for pictures...

[/quote]This Fall?I think your good.I dont think anything new will be there for awhile even when they are ordered.
Trey White
'New' E-50 1994 Seagrave 1250/750/30A. Purchased from Orange Volunteer Fire Company, VA placed in service by the Smithfield Vol Fire Department, VA today. Unit will be an adition to the fleet and simi replace a 1990 Ford C-8000 Grumman pumper. the 1990 is slated for replacement as soon as the county finds funding and who knows when that will be.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Time for me to make another trip down. lol
[quote name='MFD 61 KS' timestamp='1346779763' post='497453']

My fiend that is a DOD Fire Captain at Fort Riley on the Truck Company stated the same as Seagrave65. He did say now when they order a new rig it comes as a basic spec very plain and if they have budget money from their department they are allowed to add items like Q sirens, Bells, Roto-Rays. When they ordered Ladder 1 they wanted a dry 105ft ladder but the GSA spec called for a Quint 105ft so that is what they got no questions asked, however they did get the Q siren. They did make some ground ladder adjustments to the ladder compartment. They have added their name to the doors and company numbers. Last year they even added a red #1 to the front of Ladder 1. He said in years prior this would not have been allowed.

Other end of the spectrum I photographed Forbes Field in Topeka the 190th ARFW. They have a lot of company pride but don't add any extras to any of their rigs. As they explained they are notified they will receive a new rig during the fy year and it just shows up one day. They add their department patch to most units and a basic company number. In fact the 190th ARFW new Pierce Saber is looks just like the Langley pumper. Thanks for sharing.

Rick

[/quote]

I was always curious why the AF prefers a top mount pumper whereas the other services go with side mounts.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?