Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
Engine 312. I was going to leave it like that and watch everyone go nuts but actually a movie prop seen near Wall Street this past Saturday.

X-Montgomery County, MD.
[quote name='Shoop' timestamp='1347007293' post='497674']

X-Montgomery County, MD.

[/quote]

Old engine from 14.
A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

[quote name='NJMedic' timestamp='1346996002' post='497668']

Engine 312. I was going to leave it like that and watch everyone go nuts but actually a movie prop seen near Wall Street this past Saturday.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=96702]

[/quote]

You think it actually has water in the tank and could be functional? Seems it could be awkward if a real fire were to occur in the vicinity and citizens saw an engine just sitting there. Imagine this; off duty personnel use movie prop pumper to extinguish a car fire!
Paul Edwards

Contributor - Fire & EMS Virginia Magazine

Dispatcher - Virginia Fire Net (VFN102)
Can anyone tell me the story behind Engine 264 & Engine 328 being stationed together? I was recently looking at the FDNYTrucks website and he mentions that this is the only permanent double engine house in the city. I assume there is a reason behind this but was wondering why.

Thanks
PA Fire Apparatus Rosters & News:
https://www.facebook.com/fireapparatusnews
big distance to the east and west to cover. one engine goes one way first due, the other goes the other way first due. they are down there for a long long time by themselves before anyone else gets there.
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' timestamp='1347221134' post='497935']

big distance to the east and west to cover. one engine goes one way first due, the other goes the other way first due. they are down there for a long long time by themselves before anyone else gets there.

[/quote]

Thanks for the explanation! I have only been to NYC once and that was in Manhattan (Times Square Area) so I'm not to fimilar with the City and I figured there had to be a reason for it.
PA Fire Apparatus Rosters & News:
https://www.facebook.com/fireapparatusnews
[quote name='NJMedic' timestamp='1346996002' post='497668']

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=96702]

[/quote]

If the FDNY had Seagrave engines back in the 1980's they would have probably looked something like that, except I guess they didn't have the striped paint scheme yet then.
[quote name='Photoguy Kurt 07' timestamp='1347334432' post='498128']

If the FDNY had Seagrave engines back in the 1980's they would have probably looked something like that, except I guess they didn't have the striped paint scheme yet then.

[/quote]

Hummm what would a Hose Cover look like on this????
11th anniversary of 9-11-2001. Ground Zero was very different this year. Broadway was open to traffic and there were no crowds. More police and NYPD vehicles than visitors.

Here are two pix from the old 69th Street ferry pier in Brooklyn. One is the WTC Memorial Lights with the new building's exterior clad in red white and blue lights. The other is the "Brooklyn Remembers" monument - a fire chief's speaking trumpet. Both taken just after 4 AM.

The earlier photo is the progress on the new WTC from the Staten Island ferry

Phil, Bklyn

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

This is the Staten Island WTC Memorial, then the testing of the FF monitors at the ferry terminal where the oil barges are docked.

Phil, Bklyn

Attached Files Image(s)

I found the Towers of Light alittle less intense then in previous years.I 33 miles away and had no problem seeing the Freedom Tower but the Lights not so much, especially being such a clear night
I saw them from Flemington... You had to know where to look and what you were looking at as the street lights were brighter and cutting the intensity. But driving all the way in to Staten Island I could see/follow them pretty easy... This was near the SI Memorial by the St George Section (SI Ferry Terminal).    
Tower Ladder 119

2012 Seagrave Marauder II

NJ Fire Expo

Attached Files Image(s)

Tower Ladder 119

NJ Fire Expo

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Bmott70' timestamp='1347664771' post='498478']

Tower Ladder 119

NJ Fire Expo

[/quote]

Wow! Enjoy that nice shiny look now, it won't last long. How many of these are in service now?

I find it odd that they changed the front end on these trucks...

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
[quote name='Juice' timestamp='1347676016' post='498489']

Wow! Enjoy that nice shiny look now, it won't last long. How many of these are in service now?

Trav!

[/quote]

new lightbars and back to aluminum rims too.....The Ferrara ladders were painted wheels....

Trav!

[/quote]

I thought it was me when I was looking at the grill! As of July 10th, the order was for 14 95' TL's (12, 172, 119, 107, 163, 152, 9, 121, 14, 161, 117, 44, 58 & 51 in that order) with an add on order of 8 75' TL's (87, 157, 18, 53, 1, 170, 131 & 33 in that order). That will bring the total up to 30 75' Seagrave MII TL's. There will also be 20 2011 Ferrara 100' Rearmounts in service with 21 scheduled to be 2012 models & 13 to be 2013 models for a total of 54.
FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory:
FR David A. Middleton E51, LODD, Box 5247, 05/28/07
FR Paul J. Cahill E30 & FR Warren J. Payne L25, LODD, Box 4-281, 08/29/07
FLT Kevin Kelley L26, LODD, 01/09/09
FLT Edward J. Walsh E33 & FR Michael Kennedy L15, LODD, Box 9-1579, 03/26/14.

Trav!

[/quote]

Seen 12 Truck driving around Queens. Didn't look like it was in-service. Looked like shop guys driving it.
TL 12s new rig is at the rock for company familiarization.