Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit Trip Oct 2013 (Not Devil's Night)
It's buzz!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Stopped by the brand new Highland Park firehouse..what a change from the dump they had to use prior..new rigs , new house, new radio channel..looking good!

Attached Files Image(s)

This is an HDR image..other than some ultra saturated colors looks good

Attached Files Image(s)

This next box was a real job...unfortunately it ocurred at rush hour, we were 7 miles away and stuck in heavy traffic..It's amazing we got what we did...2 large exposures. one occupied, severely threatened.

Attached Files Image(s)

Just starting to collapse

Attached Files Image(s)

see what I mean about exposures??

Attached Files Image(s)

Touch and go for a few minutes

Attached Files Image(s)

just after collapse

Attached Files Image(s)

done now...

Attached Files Image(s)

these guys are stretching all the time....

Attached Files Image(s)

Not much hose left

Attached Files Image(s)

This rig is really tired...the only one left of this color scheme I think

The fire location was Forest and St Clair

Attached Files Image(s)

How did Detroit get money for new ambulance? I thought they where broke. Is there any current photos of rigs?
This was a box at Hague and John R..there was radio traffic from this job all over the internet...An occupied with a rescue of a victim made...ems no unit available was given on the radio..the IC requested permission to transport the victim in a waiting police car but was denied...reported the victim undergoing CPR..That is just when we arrived on the scene..Out of respect for the victim and family I didn't shoot the ems efforts...When we arrived it appeared to me the victim was unconscious but breathing..an ambulance arrived 2 minutes behind us..I understand this person survived the ordeal based on later news reports..At any rate as bad as the radio traffic sounded I felt EMS arrived in a reasonable time considering they said they had no units available..I believe Statter911 had posted this radio traffic if you want to find it..This dwelling had some pretty good smoke conditions when we arrived, but they got it in short order..Experimented with some fill flash at this one too....

Attached Files Image(s)

Need some ventilation, but half the members were working with the victim

Attached Files Image(s)

started to puff pretty good

Attached Files Image(s)

fill flash...thats really all for this box..over in 10 minutes

Attached Files Image(s)

This next job was in Highland Park...didn't record the address...well in hamd when we arrived about 10 minutes in..I believe that's an off duty member with the line

Attached Files Image(s)

The guy with the drone camera was there..didn't catch his name but talked with him for a bit....

Attached Files Image(s)

This thing is way cool...you can see this footage on youtube...

Attached Files Image(s)