Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
Here is a video story about what happened, damage is shown around 1:40.

http://firetruckblog.com/2012/07/27/fdny...esponding/

Now that you say this I remember the member of rescue 1 stating rescue 5 hit a break away light pole that didnt break away.
[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' timestamp='1349726035' post='500276']

No one seems to know.........I hope that Ferrara does NOT win the contract.............We're having nothing but problems with the new Ferrara Aerials and Rescues..............Ask Goon16 what he thinks of his company's new Ferrara rig..............

[/quote]

Theres not enough room to tell you all the problems and things that are wrong with it and it overall performance
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
is it Ferrara problem or a spec problem. I spoke to a member of ladder 8 and he was saying they have a problem with the truck dying at scenes. the fix was keeping it plugged in at the station. He said they never had to with the seagraves.

What have they changed since the seagraves any new equipment that needs plugged in?
[quote name='ACPD227' timestamp='1349737263' post='500291']

is it Ferrara problem or a spec problem. I spoke to a member of ladder 8 and he was saying they have a problem with the truck dying at scenes. the fix was keeping it plugged in at the station. He said they never had to with the seagraves.

What have they changed since the seagraves any new equipment that needs plugged in?

[/quote]

Not sure what keeping it plugged in at the station would have to do with it dying while out on calls, unless they used a really long extension cord!
Thats what I thought. I was just passing on what i was told and problems with the farrera trucks.

Im amazed at how many times I visit fire stations all over the nation and most firefighters when asked what brand is the truck? I dont know I think Pierce. How much water in the tank Not sure. How big is the pump I dont know 1500 i think.

I am taken back by this most guys should know the truck they work on. May be its just me im not sure.

I know I have heard some guys say the new FDNY rigs are under powered but im not sure thats a Farrera problem I think that is a FDNY problem. The new rescues are heavier than the old ones and with the newer engines i think they are under powered. Not defending Farrera by any means but they build what FDNY told them to build. I have seen alot of specs and FDNY does not leave alot of wiggle room for the MFG. Im not sure but most FDNY spec trucks are all the same just put together by a different mfg.
The prob with the rig cutting out is the same prob we had and it was the fuel pump circut that was over loaded from the factory....only took the mechanic 8hrs to figure that one out.....i called it in a few minutes(I'm a mechanic on the side). This is the only rig we have ever had to plug in, and we do about 4500 - 5000 runs a year so we are always going. Ferrera low balled the city immensely to get into the city, frankly I think they bit off a little more than they can chew. Seagrave was the next higher bid.. There was a rumor going around that the person who was in charge of new rigs was an ems guy...right after these rigd were delivered he blew dodge ...coincident?

NEVER FORGET 343

[quote name='goon16' timestamp='1349754545' post='500299']

The prob with the rig cutting out is the same prob we had and it was the fuel pump circut that was over loaded from the factory....only took the mechanic 8hrs to figure that one out.....i called it in a few minutes(I'm a mechanic on the side). This is the only rig we have ever had to plug in, and we do about 4500 - 5000 runs a year so we are always going. Ferrera low balled the city immensely to get into the city, frankly I think they bit off a little more than they can chew. Seagrave was the next higher bid.. There was a rumor going around that the person who was in charge of new rigs was an ems guy...right after these rigd were delivered he blew dodge ...coincident?

[/quote]

Yikes!

So was the root issue resolved by Ferrara or did they give you guys a boo boo fix?
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
They fixed it after he got over being embrassed....the ferrera mechanics are totally incompetent.....this rig isn't going to last the 10 years we expect to get out of out rigs

NEVER FORGET 343

Was the Ferrara Mechanic directly from the factory or the dealer?
I forget there are so many going and coming I forgot

NEVER FORGET 343

I am not surprised with the Ferrara issues. What's next? KME's in New York?

The station that I once was a member of purchased a Ferrara Demo. What a piece of crap!

But I was sure glad they saved the few thousand buck$ from buying an E-1. (Sarcastic)
On the plus side, I've heard that the inside of the Ferrara cab found on the aerials have tons more room then the Seagraves that they are replacing.
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
So did KME get the order for the new Engines?
Its official... give a firefighter a bently........ he'll bitch aboit something......
Here is a cruddy photo that I took of E10 while in NYC last December.

[Image: fdnye10.jpg]
Yea they do have more room but that doesnt mean it functions better or anything I would rather have a stronger rig and more sturdy ladder than room.....we had no complaints about our Seagrave...the ferrera on the other hand where do u want to start....

NEVER FORGET 343

Squad 270's unit from 9/11 is heading here [url="http://www.nmaw.org/events/"]http://www.nmaw.org/events/[/url]
This was a Spare 1996 Seagrave formerly used by E270 then SQ270. I dont remember who was using it on 9/11.

[quote name='drfeelgood' timestamp='1351017509' post='501352']

Squad 270's unit from 9/11 is heading here [url="http://www.nmaw.org/events/"]http://www.nmaw.org/events/[/url]

[/quote]
[quote name='Wing1223' timestamp='1350347436' post='500730']

So did KME get the order for the new Engines?

[/quote]

YES they did.