Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
And a couple more pics of the Ford C/ WLF.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next is this Seagrave Engine which formerly served the Watervillet, NY FD.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And last for now is this old either GMC, or Chevrolet Rescue Truck which formerly served with the Johnsonville FD. I found this one sitting in someones yard just outside of Bennington, Vermont. I have no idea as to where Johnsonville is, anybody know?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='matchot' post='283290' date='Feb 20 2009, 12:59 ']Well I found a few more relic pics in my archives so here we go. First is this old Seagrave Ladder Truck which I found in my travels a couple of years ago while on the road for my work. This truck I think may have been posted earlier in this thread. I found it sitting alongside the road just north of Kittery Point, Maine.[/quote]

Isn't this the old Revere, Ma. ladder? If it is, it's back in Revere.
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Next up is this Ford/???? Engine which i found sitting by the side of the road in Binghamton,NY on US Route 11. It looks like it has gotten a second life advertising a Restaraunt-Bar in the area. Anybody know anything about this one???

Attached Files Image(s)

And last up is this Ford C/??? that formerly served the Lodi,NY FD. At the time of this picture in 2005, this rig was sitting on the grounds of their fireman's field and was for sale. Hope you all enjoyed these pics, more to come as I find them.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='matchot' post='283296' date='Feb 20 2009, 13:07 ']And last for now is this old either GMC, or Chevrolet Rescue Truck which formerly served with the Johnsonville FD. I found this one sitting in someones yard just outside of Bennington, Vermont. I have no idea as to where Johnsonville is, anybody know?[/quote]

Johnsonville is in Renssellaer County, and is marked with an "A" on the attached map. This is Ex-New Hyde Park NY & Ex- Copake NY.

Attached Files Image(s)

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
[quote name='matchot' post='283309' date='Feb 20 2009, 14:54 ']And last up is this Ford C/??? that formerly served the Lodi,NY FD. At the time of this picture in 2005, this rig was sitting on the grounds of their fireman's field and was for sale. Hope you all enjoyed these pics, more to come as I find them.[/quote]

Ford/Sanford
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
[quote name='CNYFireTrucks' post='283393' date='Feb 20 2009, 19:41 ']Ford/Sanford[/quote]

Thanks again John for all of the info.
[quote name='bcfd424' post='282780' date='Feb 17 2009, 22:13 ']This old Ford C / E\-One had been converted into a flatbed and was sitting in the front of the same junkyard. It had Brevard County Fire Rescue on the door and a 28 on the front.[/quote]

Benji, the only Brevard County I know of is on the Space Coast of Florida. Looks like it might have belonged to a city department before becoming part of the County.

Mark
[quote name='matchot' post='280023' date='Feb 8 2009, 00:16 ']And last up for tonight is this Ford C/???? Tanker which formerly served the Hoffman's,NY FD as Tanker-212, also in the same junkyard.[/quote]

I have had a copy of the first pic (the right front corner shot) for several years - got it here or somewhere similar, I think. Caught my eye because it is eerily like the truck my VFD custom-built in the 1990s, from an ex-City of Calgary garbage truck cab & chassis and Imperial Oil (Esso) home oil tanker. Ours is a 1986 Ford C8000, but that means nothing of course due to the C-series' long history...
Here is a rainy shot...

Former Dedham MA Engine 5 started life out as Engine 3 I think

[quote name='mnsand' post='86327' date='Mar 13 2007, 17:02 ']The yellow Natural Bridge Pirsch breaks my heart.

This was originally Woodbridge, Virginia's (O.W.L. - Prince William County) 1969 Pirsch 1000/500 with serial number 2907. It was sold/donated to Natural Bridge, Virginia after serving at OWL.

Here is it running at OWL. This has always been one of my favorites.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA[/quote]

I have been searching everywhere for pic of her. It broke my heart when we found out it was rotting away in a junkyard. The least they could have done is let us know they were getting rid of her. That thing was a scream to drive!
I don't know what was happening this week, but I seemed to come across alot of relics. Here a few of the more interesting ones. First is found in Clinton SC. Parked infront of a Frat house on Presbyterian college campus is this Ford/American Lafrance . Not sure the year or if it is really from Coconut Grove Fla.

[Image: 100_7347.jpg]

[Image: 100_7348.jpg]
Next Is Former Bonham Sc. GMC Engine 2. truck is now located in Carlisle, SC.

[Image: 100_7344.jpg]
Finally found this gem On Hwy 25 S. Here in Greenville. 1963 Seagrave Parked in a car lot. Salesman told me it was on loan from a lot in Atlanta and not for sale. Not sure where it is from Exactly. It has Nashville on a small plaque on the side, it was very hard to read. Inside the cab I found an Insurance stub that had Wilkes-Berry, Pa on it.

[Image: 100_7364.jpg]

[Image: 100_7365.jpg]
[quote name='dispachrg' post='284061' date='Feb 23 2009, 00:24 ']Finally found this gem On Hwy 25 S. Here in Greenville. 1963 Seagrave Parked in a car lot. Salesman told me it was on loan from a lot in Atlanta and not for sale. Not sure where it is from Exactly. It has Nashville on a small plaque on the side, it was very hard to read. Inside the cab I found an Insurance stub that had Wilkes-Berry, Pa on it.

[Image: 100_7364.jpg]

[Image: 100_7365.jpg][/quote]

the only one loke this was from wilkes barre twp pa , it is orange and the roof of its storage is sitting on top of it , so i have no idea who from wilkes barre pa had it but i'd be curious to find out
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
[quote name='dispachrg' post='284059' date='Feb 23 2009, 00:17 ']I don't know what was happening this week, but I seemed to come across alot of relics. Here a few of the more interesting ones. First is found in Clinton SC. Parked infront of a Frat house on Presbyterian college campus is this Ford/American Lafrance . Not sure the year or if it is really from Coconut Grove Fla.

[Image: 100_7347.jpg]

[Image: 100_7348.jpg][/quote]

All I can tell you is that based on the three vertical bars on the grille is that it was manufactured after 1972.
Jay Kormann
I just want through this whole thread! Very interesting stuff! I was wondering has anyone ever bought and rescued any of these old rigs that were poictured here?
If I might vent for a minute. How can anyone take a vehicle such as this, and let it die in such a manner? I am truly sickened that this would be allowed to happen. I applaud the gentleman that found her for trying to contact us, but the wrong dumbass answered the phone. Long story short, don't take anything for granted, and never look a gift horse in the mouth. You know who you are.

Attached Files Image(s)