Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newark/Northern Jersey Stuff
Same Rig but on a cloudy day and as engine 12, photographed on its last hours before beign closed down back in 11/20/10.

[Image: 2q04z91.jpg]

Quote:Same Rig but on a cloudy day and as engine 12, photographed on its last hours before beign closed down back in 11/20/10.

What do we have going on with the front cab corner?
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Taylor that looks like the Air intake valve mounted higher to allow the truck to drive thru water......At least that's what it looks like. We have them on our Eones.

Trey White
Quote:Taylor that looks like the Air intake valve mounted higher to allow the truck to drive thru water......At least that's what it looks like. We have them on our Eones.
If you look at engine 6 its diamond plated
Newark, NJ FD

Mobile Command Unit

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Yes, that is an air intake on the right front corner. It was designed by our then Head Mechanic Chet (can't think of his last name) on a paper napkin in his office. We were trying to put an item in the bid spec requiring an air intake at least 50 inches off the ground. We had had some problems with the Eones sucking up water in flooding conditions so this was a solution. 

Here is the Engine 12 & E-6 rig when it was at E-17 in white/blue livery. 

Sorry, the picture I posted was not mine so I took it down. I will try to find another.

In the meantime, here is a close-up of the air intake

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 7 

1996 Emergency one

[Image: 30uwdbr.jpg]

[Image: 2yunmrl.jpg]

Engine 15 2011 Ferrara Ember

NJ Fellas. Does anyone know a Newark Fireman, or know how the Ferarra pumpers are making out? Issues, problems, liked etc?

We have a pre build conference with Ferarra on 2 pumpers soon. One of my friends, an Engine Co. Capt, is on the committee and asked me to find out........ Thanx.
Also. Anesti or anyone have shots of the Newark pumper hose beds, body sides etc.....appreciated.
E-10's 1997 E-1 hoseload: (l-r) 8 lengths 1 3/4 pre-connect; 12 lengths of 4" supply (now 5"); 12 lengths of 2 1/2"; later added 2 lengths of 4" with a gated wye to 1 3/4. This rig also has a rear  intake. 

This rig also has a booster reel, newer rigs do  not have one.

Did you have a specific question?

Attached Files Image(s)

Rear of a 2009 ALF pumper. Hose load probably about the same as the E-1 above. No booster reel

Attached Files Image(s)

side pics of one of the Ferraras. The second one may be Greg Sereico's picture

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanx Chief! We were wondering your opinion on them. Ferrara took them out to The Island to see a pumper. The Capt was saying everyone he has seen in person or pix, was pretty much a "rescue" pumper, with high hose bed etc. we have spec'd out an L shaped water tank, and low hosebed. We need an engine that does engine work, just as you guys. Newark and Yonkers are very similiar cities. If you like u can PM me rather than discuss here. Thank u!
The Ferrara rigs were specced and bought after I retired. Even after the award, the FD would not show the "as built" spec or say how much they actually cost. Ferrara was actually the 2nd lowest bidder, Crimson was the lowest, but was disqualified for not having their manufacturing plants within 60 miles of each other. (Why that would matter I don't know!) Originally the Ferraras were thought of as being lightweight and might not last for the long term, but I am not sure how they feel now that they have had them for a while. I will try to get you a contact.

Quote:Also. Anesti or anyone have shots of the Newark pumper hose beds, body sides etc.....appreciated.
I will look for one R1.
dont have on myself but here is a pic from Chris Torello http://cptfiregroundphotos.smugmug.com/C...-G2KxqqH/A

The hose bed for the ALF pumpers was specced to be a maximum of 50 inches above the tailboard and the bottom of crosslays were to be a maximum of 46" above the side running board. 

The Seagrave spec I have from Washington, DC called for both to be a maximum of 66 inches from the ground.