Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-ALARM Building Fire Southwest Baltimore Sept. 20, 2013
Around 8:00 PM Engine 30 and Truck 8 went out down the street from their quarters to investigate a report of smoke coming from a building.

When they arrived on the scene they had a 100' X 300' 2-story block building housing multiple businesses with smoke coming from the rear roof area.

They asked for the rest of the box to be struck out and they went to work on the fire. Battalion Chief 3 arrived and made it a working fire followed by a second alarm at 10:08 and a third alarm at 8:17. The fourth was struck at 8:46.

I didn't get home until about 2:30 AM and I don't think it had been put under control yet.

Here's a few shots until I get them all edited and put on my website:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Heres the BC Corner right about the time the third alarm was struck out:

The gable end just fell in:

The smoke and fire made its way to the front side:

Here comes the FIRE:

Everybody was commenting about the billboard!

Some of that black nasty stuff pushing through everywhere:

Some more:

Water Tower 1(RT 51) working on Side A:

Great shots!

The billboard is great!

Greg Muhr

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/'>http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/</a>
Nice shots, picture number 5 is the a classic.

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Two questions. 1. How long has Balt FD been in black turnouts ? 2. Is one of the FF in the Snorkel Basket using a  hand line ?  Thanks and nice shots btw.
Quote:Two questions. 1. How long has Balt FD been in black turnouts ? 2. Is one of the FF in the Snorkel Basket using a  hand line ?  Thanks and nice shots btw.
Sometime in 2002 we started to change over to the black gear. Yes, he has a handline in the basket.
Nice shots Howard!! Good to see you there..

Jason Coleman-Cobb

Fire Photographer and Buff

www.capitalcityfirephotos.com
Quote:Nice shots Howard!! Good to see you there..
Good seeing you too, I'll have to try buffing a big one up in your town one day!!!!
Howard,

Nice work!! Thanks for sharing...

Pat L.

Battalion Chief-Howard County Fire Rescue
Very nice work Howard! If I had my car here in DC and found out about it sooner I would have definitely made my way up there. Nothing happens here... except once in a blue moon.

Quote:Good seeing you too, I'll have to try buffing a big one up in your town one day!!!!
That would be nice. Probably will have to wait alot longer for the big one up here than you do in Baltimore!!!
Jason Coleman-Cobb

Fire Photographer and Buff

www.capitalcityfirephotos.com
great set of photos.

the billboard shot is priceless!!!!

would you mind if i shared it (photo credit included) with some facebook buddies?