Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
[quote name='R1SmokeEater' post='74871' date='Feb 8 2007, 11:13 ']I see the Field-Com has had it's company patch removed from the rig, Due to the crackdown on "Non-PC" patches by the Dept ? (The patch had indians in it)[/quote]

I'm not sure. I was just getting there looking for a parking spot. This is a grab shot thru the windshield. Fortunately I had the presence of mind to turn from auto focus to manual. The unit looks brand new, maybe they didn't have a chance to put their decal on it yet. I thought the recent oder had to do with photos on the members lockers, not patches on apparatus.

Phil, Bklyn.
RAC 5 with the sander in the background making a U-turn to come back down and get the other side of the street. RAC 2 is quartered with E242, first due at this box. (But they don't come out until a higher alarm is sounded.)

Attached Files Image(s)

Sally Wagon provided by the NYC Red Cross. Only hot chocolate and coffee today. No doughnuts, no eggs over easy on a toasted roll with salt pepper ketchup. No grill in this one, only industrial size hot liquid containers or bottled water.

Phil, Bklyn

Attached Files Image(s)

Tower Ladder 105 brought in for relief purposes. Note how neatly parked at the curb.

Attached Files Image(s)

Side of TL105 showing members lost on 9-11.

Attached Files Image(s)

Front bumper of TL105 showing a MARS siren.

Attached Files Image(s)

Close up of the data plate on the siren

Attached Files Image(s)

A grab shot of a Comm truck going about its business of alarm circuit maintenance.

Attached Files Image(s)

E241, first due, (5 hours into the incident) still at the closest hydrant (directly opposite the fire structure). Lines still charged. Immediately behind is the OCME unit (white van), Fire Marshall (red FDNY on coner), the engine in the background has taken up and is going 10-8 (back into service and available).

Attached Files Image(s)

Good job Phil. the new fire scene unit would be a good choice for C3
[quote name='MiltonBradley' post='74876' date='Feb 8 2007, 11:18 ']There are two small/meduim sized Field Comms correct? This one and the Sprinter? Then the two huge Leary Freightliners?

When are the smaller ones disptached and then when are the larger ones dispatched? Also were are they housed?

Thanks in advance for info you guys just know so much that i dont know and i want to know lol.

-John[/quote]

im gonna try and help you here but i think the sprinter is a spare along with the older field comm but i have seen it operating and heard somewhere it is field comm 2 but i cant clarify . the leary command viechiles mobile command 1 is stationed at eng 95 in washington heights and mcc 2 and the field comm units are at eng 233 wich is 25 far rockaway in brooklyn. the smaller ones go on all 2nd alarms 10-77/76 reports of collapses and at time hazmat situations. the larger ones will go on 10-60's or anything larger and also if the ic decides if that field comm might not be able to handle a job to due alot of traffic. i hope this helps but im sure someone out there probaly has more info.
[quote name='Bklyn Phil' post='74903' date='Feb 8 2007, 11:59 ']E241, first due, (5 hours into the incident) still at the closest hydrant (directly opposite the fire structure). Lines still charged. Immediately behind is the OCME unit (white van), Fire Marshall (red FDNY on coner), the engine in the background has taken up and is going 10-8 (back into service and available).[/quote]

Phil,

Any shots from the Fatal Fire today in Far Rockaway (AGAIN???)
[quote name='Fireman5230' post='75135' date='Feb 8 2007, 23:08 ']Phil,

Any shots from the Fatal Fire today in Far Rockaway (AGAIN???)[/quote]

No, not by me. The fire radios in all 5 boros have been very busy. And it seems to me FDNY is very quick these days to get extra help on the scene by calling for a second alarm due to the extreme cold.

Phil, Bklyn
Anesti for your records the Leary vehicle is quartered at E-93 & L-45 Bn 13 in Washington Heights. E-95 is up North in Inwood section of Manhattan
Browsing these pages brought something into my mind.. With the closing of the Fire Patrols what happened to their vehicles?
So far the Fire Patrol's rigs are still inside their quarters, awaiting deposition.
[quote name='Roadrunner' post='6142' date='Jul 9 2006, 06:59 ']Visit 2005

[Image: 302500907jMOsQf_ph.jpg]

Command Unit

[Image: 302502132UpIjaN_ph.jpg]

Engine 5

[Image: 302503386jkpKvn_ph.jpg]

Ladder 35 "The Cavemen"

[Image: 303131467HVdwqT_ph.jpg]

Car 22

[url="http://community.webshots.com/slideshow?ID=266346494&key=kNwvXa"]Online Photalbum 2005 slideshow[/url][/quote]

Who is car22??
SPITA--ENGINE CO. 5

"Da Beast From Da East"

City of Lynn Fire Dept

Sin City, Mass

"It is in the shelter of each other that we Brothers may live"
[quote name='anesti' post='34406' date='Sep 15 2006, 21:48 ']eng 46[/quote]Hey my Bro's pump!!
SPITA--ENGINE CO. 5

"Da Beast From Da East"

City of Lynn Fire Dept

Sin City, Mass

"It is in the shelter of each other that we Brothers may live"
[quote name='lynnjake13' post='75954' date='Feb 11 2007, 10:39 ']Who is car22??[/quote]

Assistant Commissioner Field and Technical Services
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[quote name='FDNY 10-75' post='28856' date='Sep 1 2006, 11:56 '][left][Image: DSC06739copy.jpg][/left]

Rear of 26 Engine...[/quote]

Eli, your photographs are outstanding. Do you mind telling me what kind of camera you are using? I know it is not just the camera but the technique a photographer uses, but the camera helps. Thanks in advance.