Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston Fire Department
Car 3

Attached Files Image(s)

Some one asked about the lime Ward. That is my shot. What do you want to know?
Lastly Engine 50, my favorite engine in the city

Attached Files Image(s)

District 8

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Engine 21 out for some repairs

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='MiltonBradley' post='7743' date='Jul 11 2006, 21:59 ']Engine 2, A 2003 Pierce Enforcer 1250/500/CAFS.[/quote]

Whats up with the nozzle over the windsheilds on a few of these Boston Pierces????
[quote name='Fireman5230' post='74734' date='Feb 7 2007, 18:46 ']Whats up with the nozzle over the windsheilds on a few of these Boston Pierces????[/quote]

Its for the foam/CAFS
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[quote name='Fireman5230' post='74734' date='Feb 7 2007, 21:46 ']Whats up with the nozzle over the windsheilds on a few of these Boston Pierces????[/quote]

All of those engines respond to either I90 or I93. The reasoning behind them buried earlier in the thread...
[quote name='efin98' post='74760' date='Feb 7 2007, 20:04 ']All of those engines respond to either I90 or I93. The reasoning behind them buried earlier in the thread...[/quote]

Is that the Big Dig? I'm not familiar with Boston's freeway system.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Yes Jack, that is the big dig. The 5 pumpers were bought by the big dig for the city in case of a fire emergency in one of the hiway tunnels. The turret on the roof is for either water or the CAFS system and are pump and roll capable. Most of I93 and I90(mass pike) that go through downtown Boston is whats known as the big dig, which has put the hiway underground. And we are finding out over and over again that the people running it are shaddy and making all the money, while the construction has failed on a number of occasions. Most recently in a portion of the I90 tunnel where a motorist was killed by a falling ceiling tile. Not to mention the leaks in the ceilings of the tunnels throughout the project where in this cold, you can see the icicles on the walls all over the place.
<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
Thanks for the info Kevin. Heard the same news too about the falling ceiling panels. Too bad about the questionable construction at the Big Dig.
A couple of pictures from today's incident in J.P. that I don't think have been posted yet...

Engine 28

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 42

Attached Files Image(s)

H6- the Collapse Unit(called due to bent supports in the building)

A spare ladder(formerly Ladder 24) serving as Ladder 10. Aerial was used to support the roof temporarily while work was done below...Interesting use of the aerial, never seen that before.

I don't think this has been posted yet, but here's H8- the Technical Rescue support Unit or something like that...

S8 and a Fire Alarm maintenance crew working to fix a knocked over alarm box. The box was knocked over by an out of control driver who crashed through the box and a metal fence and stopped only after crashing into a 1 story business...

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='efin98' post='75461' date='Feb 9 2007, 21:16 ']I don't think this has been posted yet, but here's H8- the Technical Rescue support Unit or something like that...[/quote]

This was actually bought for the DNC in 2004, and used as a rescue within the hard zone. It was redesignated H8 after that and is kept at Rescue 1. My guess is that they used it for transport of the FF's that couldn't fit in H6, rather than drag Rescue 1 all the way across town.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
The Fire Alarm crew responding in S12, the fire alarm emergency response truck...

Attached Files Image(s)

Mack AB Boston

Photo from the Mack Museum in Allentown PA