Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Carr Photos
Quote:Ok, boys and girls, I've saved the best for last.  Jim and I stumbled on this rig locked up in a bay.  Someone told us "NO", which to me means "CHALLENGE".  We settled for "NO" and went to lunch.  While downing some Pollo Tropical, my wheels started turning and smoke started coming out my ears.  I sent a text up to the right person, who called up to the right person, who called back down to the right person, who called further down to another right person.  When we got back to the shop, it was "Sure, what would you like us to do with it, where would you like it?"  The guys that pulled it out had never been able to even touch it before, had never been it in, much less ever drive it.  The guy that moved it was like a kid in a candy store!  

Anyway, as you can see, we scored in a BIG way.  I 'bout peed my pants myself!  I'm told there are actually two of these 2008 Peterbilt rigs.  I couldn't find anything about a manufacturer on the truck.  Anybody got any ideas?

Photo by Mark Carr

Mark, the unit was built by Elite Custom Transporters, in White Bear Lake, MN.  I think Rosenbauer had some part in it also.

http://www.elitecustomtransporters.com/P...fault.aspx

Dave, I think they are some kinda secret command rigs but don't know for sure.  They're locked up.  I do know that the big compartment on the tractor is a generator.  Thanks for the information John.

Attached Files Image(s)

I forgot I'd taken this shot.  I have no information as to year or builder.  It belongs to the Atlanta-Hartsfield Int'l Airport and is used as a mobile command center.  Any other information would be appreciated.  Not bad for a through the fence/under an awning kinda shot.

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Dave, I think they are some kinda secret command rigs but don't know for sure.  They're locked up.  I do know that the big compartment on the tractor is a generator.  Thanks for the information John.

Some place I have shots of both M D. Secret trucks . I will look but they may be in my other computer in storage.
Are you stopping anywhere in Washington to shoot rigs?  Let those of us who live up here know if you need any help finding interesting stuff to see.  Or if you just want to know cool things to do.  

I'm sure I'll shoot some things while in Washington but don't have too many plans.  I do want to head down to Portland and do the new tillered heavy rescue on the way home.  Also, I might try to do some of the Boeing fire stations at King County and Everett.

Quote:Moving a little farther to the south again, back to my old stomping grounds, is the Palm Beach State College Fire Academy.  They have several trucks that began their lives in other departments but also have two of these International/Pierce Contender rigs that are original to them.  One is a 2003 model but this one is a 2008 model with a 1250gpm pump and 800gwt.  Engine 4 carries Job #9841475.  

I thought the boat canopy was a unique addition to the rig.

Mark Carr photo
Looks like someone is missing their canopy from the boat
Quote:I'm sure I'll shoot some things while in Washington but don't have too many plans.  I do want to head down to Portland and do the new tillered heavy rescue on the way home.  Also, I might try to do some of the Boeing fire stations at King County and Everett.

PM me before you come up if you need any info on touristy stuff, restaurants, interesting stations, apparatus, etc.  Glad to help any way I can.
I'd been trying to shoot this Hiwassee Dam, NC VFD rig for a year or so and was disappointed to find it at North Carolina Forestry stripped in preparation to being sent to a new home, possibly at Unaka, NC VFD.  It's an Ex-U.S.Army 1978 FTI/Pemfab 1000/1000 pumper bearing Job #2351-7 and Pemfab #P757.  

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files
.   1978 FTI-Pemfab 1000-1000 Pumper Tanker 2064 (just turned back in to NC Forestry) Job #2351-7, Pemfab #P757 Ex-US... (Size: 97.18 KB / Downloads: 1)
Actually got to drive this rig today.  Way different than the 5-ton military surplus rigs I used to have to drive in the fire service.  This one, still being put together by Valleytown, NC Fire-Rescue in Cherokee County, NC is a 1984 AM General with a booster pump, 500 gallon water tank and 20 gallon foam cell.  Eventually, the truck will be painted red.

Mark Carr photo

Quote:I'd been trying to shoot this Hiwassee Dam, NC VFD rig for a year or so and was disappointed to find it at North Carolina Forestry stripped in preparation to being sent to a new home, possibly at Unaka, NC VFD.  It's an Ex-U.S.Army 1978 FTI/Pemfab 1000/1000 pumper bearing Job #2351-7 and Pemfab #P757.  

Mark Carr photo
Where is the NC Forestry Place?
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Quote:Where is the NC Forestry Place?

I'm not sure the name of the road but it's behind Tri-County College which is next to Murphy Medical Center in Murphy, NC.  
Back in July, my wife and I did a nice long vacation in Washington and Seattle.  Although I didn't shoot many rigs but a ton of jets, I do have a few to post.   Enjoy!  First up is this ladder from Central Kitsap, WA Fire Dept and is a 1997 Pierce Arrow 105' Ladder.  Ladder 51 is originated in Feasterville Fire Company in PA.  

Mark Carr photo

I didn't get anything in Seattle except this SAFE rescue boat at Engine 5.  Anybody know the year on it?

Photo by Mark Carr

In Fairbanks, AK, I shot several Alaska Forest Service rigs and a bunch of aircraft that were in town for a huge forest fire.  First up is this 200? Ford F250 pickup.

Mark Carr photo

Alaska Forest Service F62 is a 200? Ford F350/BFX.  I wasn't able to get pump specs.

Mark Carr photo

D-61 is a 2009 Ford F550/BFX.

Mark Carr photo

And, my favorite from Alaska Forest Service is this 2012 Freightliner M2/KME engine, GSO#8513.

Mark Carr photo

From Houston, AK Fire Dept. is this 1943 International pumper that ran as Engine 9.  It sits in front of the station now and appears to be out of service.  I couldn't find any pump or tank sizes or any other significant markings on it.

Mark Carr photo

At Anchorage's Ted Stevens Int'l Airport, I was only able to get three rigs.  First up is this 1989 Volvo GMC-Westmark 6000 gallon foam tanker.  I'm told that these two rigs are on their way out since the department now has a good sized fleet of new Oshkosh Strikers.  

Mark Carr photo